What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kapow - sandow

yy_cheng

Coach
best game I've ever seen him play and the most surprising thing for me was his defence

still cant kick more than 30 metres and finds the fullback most times but if that is the best he can do I'll take it

He's doing more than kelly ever could.

His support play, his little darts, his chip and chases, his goal kicking are additional bonuses.

If he had played like he has in the last 2 weeks against manly, his goal kicking would've got us that win

BA said he would fix our defense and let us play free flowing parra ball, and you can see he is true to his words

andrew057

First Grade
still cant kick more than 30 metres and finds the fullback most times but if that is the best he can do I'll take it

Huh? Sandow has an excellent long kicking game.

Some poor passes from dummy half and pressure from the Broncos made for a few bad kicks last night.

Don't take notice of what Hadley said last night, he has no idea.

strider

Post Whore

Some poor passes from dummy half and pressure from the Broncos made for a few bad kicks last night.

exactly - he was one of the best 40/20 kickers for several years before his recent issues

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Sandow is playing excellent footy, but c'mon his long kicking game is shocking. His little pop gun kicks just don't cut it. He couldn't kick the skin off a custard.

andrew057

First Grade
Sandow is playing excellent footy, but c'mon his long kicking game is shocking. His little pop gun kicks just don't cut it. He couldn't kick the skin off a custard.

Rubbish. In 2011 he led the NRL in 40/20's.

He doesnt have the biggest boot in the game, but to say his long kicking game is shocking is just wrong.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

This.

Last year merkins were whinging about Sandow's short kicking game, but happy with his long kicking game. The fact is both are quality and last night was an off night.

hindy111

Post Whore
I agree.
While he had a good overall game, he still has a lot of improving to do.
Especially with some of his kicks. I'm not sure he was positioning himself correctly when kicking for distance. Seemed to give himself no time to get the right kick away.

His decision to chip for himself in our first set was pretty dumb.

But I thought he defended ok and his running and passing game was fine.
Good field goal too.

Good game - not Man Of The Match though.

Actually it was a great move.It put the defense in two minds from the get go.You can say a few kicks where bad,true.But some where brilliant.Some of his bombs where spot on,he took the line on which always kept the opposition guessing.He fires up his team mates and he kicked a greatfield goal that killed off the game.A few times he kicked or touch too when the team needed a break.

You can put guy like cronk into NRL.Yeah they do all the right plays at the right times.You can send a guy to work for 40hrs a week too.He makes a wage.Some would consider it boring.
Guys like Sandow should be applauded cause this is what rugby league is about.Excitement!!! What other player does a chip and chase? He is fun too watch.Strucure is soo overated in sport and every day life

lingard

Coach
I think it's time for a re-structure. They do it at my work continuously. For the last ten years we've been in a constant state of re-structure. (Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's finished.)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Actually it was a great move.It put the defense in two minds from the get go.

This.

Often a player pressures the defence (and creates space for his team mates) by the threat he offers. In order to continue to present a credible threat he needs to act on that threat from time to time.

One of Chris Sandow's strengths is his unpredictability. For it to remain a strength he needs to keep displaying it. It's the reason we signed him in the first place.

Surrogate

Juniors
I have reviewed the highlights and Sandow doesn't appear as small as people make him out it be. He's stands at 173cm just 1cm shorter than Barba but 8kg lighter (80 kgs). He's at his most dangerous when he's given a bit of freedom. His strides are pretty long but it may be due to his socks being rolled down to his ankles.

BennyBoy

Juniors
I agree Sandow's unpredictability has been a huge benefit to our attack, he just keeps the opposition guessing and there is not the same predictability about our attack we had with Kelly. His initial kick/chase was fabulous and caused uncertainty and hesitation in the Bronc's D early on.

Also greatly pleased with the improvement in his defense.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
After the manly game Arthur mentioned we need to convert our line breaks.

I reckon one of the main reason sandow got a start was not that Kelly was playing that poorly but he lacks the speed/foot work to take advantage of any breaks we make. Sandow has a very good running game especially in open play and with our players and attacking/off loading ability sandow is more suited to our structure. Our first try last night demonstrates this.