What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsorship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

beave

Coach
I love that jersey

The sunlight on it in the pic makes the yellow less heinous than what it looked under lights. They ran out in the things for the first time against Penrith at Penrith in 1999 and my jaw nearly hit the ground they were that bloody terrible in real life. The back is even worse with the stupid bullshorns on the shoulder blades. Who the f**k had the idea to try an incorporate the crap logo we have into the actual jersey design? Probably some pony tailed, lattè sipping, tofu eating wally woofter no doubt.

stevenwbird

Juniors
Close call with this other monstrosity, the jersey not just Morrison.

v2zblj.jpg

Are those sweat bands? Gimme a break.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
The sad thing is, the jersey they were supposed to wear between 1999-2001 was actually really good and kinda plain. But because Fila released it early, the club cracked the shits and made them do another which is what Glen 'Northern Hill Shitter at Leichardt Oval' Morrison is wearing.

I remember seeing one that had the same design, but mostly blue and looked pretty good. IIRC they wore it in the one of the team photo's that year. Strange how they never wore it but now know the reason.

the beavers

Juniors
First time I've seen the titans strip on the Tele tonight.
Imo the white socks are just stupid.
The photos I saw of the jersey looked great....just doesn't quite look as good in real life

Diesel

Referee
I don't get how the Titans don't have a back of the jersey sponsor, in RL heartland and plenty of business's around SEQ willing to support a NRL team.
What would that sponsorship be worth?

Patorick

Staff member
I don't get how the Titans don't have a back of the jersey sponsor, in RL heartland and plenty of business's around SEQ willing to support a NRL team.
What would that sponsorship be worth?
Less than the CEO's pension plan.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Maybe they are n negotiations, looks like they have covered something, maybe a company hasn't paid up so they are having to find a replacement? Having said that there are a couple of clubs with empty sponsorship spaces it seems.

Deacon

First Grade
Think we've been beaten by the AFL again, they're bringing in names on jersey backs from this wk

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
At least to begin with the ARLC should bring in set numbers (ala NFL, AFL, NBA) for the 9s tournament and have name on the players backs.

I can appreciate that changing numbers every week makes it impossible to embroiled every jersey with the right name, but 9s has no position=number system so they can give players a number for as long as they are at the club and have the jerseys ready...

beave

Coach
IMO other than wearing an old school jersey from that era (ie the light blue Roosters one due to dye rationing or whatever the reason was) all that should be done for ANZAC day on the jerseys is a red poppy embroided somewhere on the jersey, either above the NRL logo or in the centre of the chest (in the centre of the white V on the above Roosters jersey)

The cammo pattern and rising sun pubic hair jerseys and whatever else has been used is tacky and not needed. That desert cam one Manly used was the height of ridiculousness.

Saint Doc

Coach
IMO other than wearing an old school jersey from that era (ie the light blue Roosters one due to dye rationing or whatever the reason was) all that should be done for ANZAC day on the jerseys is a red poppy embroided somewhere on the jersey, either above the NRL logo or in the centre of the chest (in the centre of the white V on the above Roosters jersey)

The cammo pattern and rising sun pubic hair jerseys and whatever else has been used is tacky and not needed. That desert cam one Manly used was the height of ridiculousness.

I agree, but this Roosters one is pretty subtle and nice.

Their best ANZAC jersey behind the light blue

beave

Coach
yeah agreed mate, the rooster one is probably right on the cusp though of acceptable/not tacky

Status
Not open for further replies.