What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Petro Vs Gus

greenfins

Juniors
Heard again today that Petro and Gus had heated words, has been suggested Petro may not be around next year?

I hope this is a storm in a tea cup or just a hang over from the SG coaching role. Penrith need Petro and Gould to be on good terms.

greenfins

Juniors
Very hard to replace what he brings to the team, and I am not only talking about his on field performances.

Seriously ask anyone of the players what he does for the club.

I was not too sure how accurate this was, but I see its now hit the media, sure it will make the Telecrap tomorrow.

Fibroman

First Grade
There will always be personality clashes, but there can only be one boss. Petero is going to have to take a deep breath and have a good think about things.

panfashark

Juniors
Heard again today that Petro and Gus had heated words, has been suggested Petro may not be around next year?

I hope this is a storm in a tea cup or just a hang over from the SG coaching role. Penrith need Petro and Gould to be on good terms.

It is not just Petero and gus,apparently most of the senior playing group are unhappy!

Big Mick

Referee
Good.

Tell em to get on with work and stop bitching.

Its a business, its not a democracy. Its a dictatorship.

You want to win, follow the guidelines.

You want to lose, you get Matt Elliots Under 7's training regime.

mxlegend99

Referee
Petero is great for the team on the field and does a lot of good work off the field, but sometimes he can come across as thinking the world revolves around him and what he wants, even though you know he's not a selfish bloke.

For instance when the board was ready to sack Matt Elliott a few years back, Petero gathered some of the players and managed to help him keep his job. Despite the fact that Matt Elliott was taking the team nowhere, Petero overplayed his hand and kept a sh*t coach at the club another 2 or 3 years.

Why can't he just do his job on the field and let Gus do his job off the field? I wouldn't be upset if we released Petero to be honest. We've got a pretty good front row with or without him, but he's on big money and seems to love challenging the people higher up, usually with those things being in the best interest of himself or mates and not the club itself.

franklin2323

Immortal
This has been coming for awhile. I fail to believe Petero with his experience under Bennett. Would sit by and allow the preparation to be as poor as Gould claims. Also that same prepration was more then adequate last year. From Petero's point of view. How would this blow in know what works.

We would be Top 4 with Graham, Pritchard and Cooper still in our team. Poor recruitment is more to blame then preparation

murraymob

Coach
Glad to see gus take a stand.The team and senior leaders except Lewis was poor last week against the chooks .They need to look at there own performances before worrying about managment

greenfins

Juniors
Petero is great for the team on the field and does a lot of good work off the field, but sometimes he can come across as thinking the world revolves around him and what he wants, even though you know he's not a selfish bloke.

For instance when the board was ready to sack Matt Elliott a few years back, Petero gathered some of the players and managed to help him keep his job. Despite the fact that Matt Elliott was taking the team nowhere, Petero overplayed his hand and kept a sh*t coach at the club another 2 or 3 years.

Why can't he just do his job on the field and let Gus do his job off the field? I wouldn't be upset if we released Petero to be honest. We've got a pretty good front row with or without him, but he's on big money and seems to love challenging the people higher up, usually with those things being in the best interest of himself or mates and not the club itself.

You gotta be kidding, do you really believe that, you have no idea how a NRL club is run if you truly think Petro was responsible for that.

Remember this was only a rumour, and has not been verified by either party. Petro and Gus may have heated words on many different subjects, does not mean anything unless one of them goes the next step, so as I said just hope it is a storm in a tea cup.

goosie

Juniors
phill even came out and said this was bull crap and has big plans to keep petro at the club fo life!!

darkbloom

Juniors
when it comes to integrity and truth who would it be Gus, Petero?

I know who I would prefer to go to war with because he wouldn't turn on you to save himself, the other one definitely would at the first sign of threat.

Panfas

Juniors
Wow, would be amazing if he did put on the Brumbies jersey. He used to live in Glenmore Park

Latest posts