What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2014

In one game Mullen has just shown he is heads and shoulders above all the other NSW 5/8s. His kicking, running and passing game is unmatched.

Swarzey

Bench
I'd rather select Peats, but Gidley will get it and f**k me I'd rather see Pearce play halfback than Gidley at 9.

I disagree. I think he would be an instant success in origin, as would Mansour. They are two players who can inject themselves and are not just finishers like b morris.

Im a big fan of hayne and wouldnt mind him at full back, but to his credit he can play anywhere and have an impact. Him at centre allows the inclusion of dugan who is a freak.

Brett Morris being a pure finisher is a myth. He's just really good at it hence his other abilities are not recognised. Last year before Dugan came to the Dragons he actually dropped to FB and carved up. He's got great positional play, very good awareness and he's incredibly safe under the high ball.

Dugan is good, but no freak and moving Hayne out of position for hi would just be silly. If there's a place for Dugan in the team, it's on the right wing. Josh Morris is so underrated, the fact that people question his place in the side just shows that they've only recently started watching origin. The guy has neutralised Inglis the treat of Inglis 10 fold. His attack is really underrated as well, go back to game 3 last year and he was the one who skipped inside and drew in 3 defenders to set up McManus in the corner.

Dugan won NSW's player of the series last year. Hayne has killed it in the centres for AUS and NSW.

It's geniused to not pick them both especially with the lack of star centres NSW has

Did he? I really couldn't see why. Hayne did kill it in the centres for Aus but when has he ever played centre for NSW? When he was playing centre for Australia, lets not forget he working alongside Thurston, Cronk, Smith, Slater and his opposition was Bryson Goodwin, Naqama, some guy from England and some players from some teams that I can't even remember. When it comes to origin, he'll be up against Greg Inglis and I don't know about you but I wouldn't want NSW best attacking weapon on defence the whole night. There's a place for Dugan in the side but that would be on the right wing.

Rod

Bench
He's having a fantastic year, although even speaking as a Knights fan I don't think he can break into that backrow, it's the Blues' strongest area after all. Even if Gallen plays prop (which is unlikely but I think he should). there's still the likes of Bird, Watmough, Lewis and Merrin who are all certs if fit.

aqua_duck

Coach
He's having a fantastic year, although even speaking as a Knights fan I don't think he can break into that backrow, it's the Blues' strongest area after all. Even if Gallen plays prop (which is unlikely but I think he should). there's still the likes of Bird, Watmough, Lewis and Merrin who are all certs if fit.

I don't know how you can put Lewis in there when hasn't played in about 6 months and isn't due back for a good month or so

Hutty1986

Immortal
If Farah is gone, you just know they'll select Ennis at 9 and Gidley at 14.

If they pick Ennis... that'll f*cking do me. We already have to put up with useless piece of sh*t Pearce year after year. We might as well not turn up if they go with that hack Ennis AND Pearce in the same side.

Tayjack

Juniors
I don't know how you can put Lewis in there when hasn't played in about 6 months and isn't due back for a good month or so

Not sure how much you know about origin, but there's NRL players and there's origin players. Luke Lewis is one of about 6/7 true origin players in NSW. It is the exact reason Daley picked him to start last year in the back row with bird. All he has to do is get through 2 games and he will be there in the 17 - make no mistake, he will also be dominant.

Latest posts