What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apey

Staff member
Cersei is whoreface of a woman but she's still a good character.

Daenarys just sucks.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Cersei is whoreface of a woman but she's still a good character.

Daenarys just sucks.

In a nutshell.

Cersei is my most hated character, but I love to hate her. Her POVs are my 2nd favourite, behind Tyrion. Come to think of it, all the Lannister POV are my favourites.

It's certainly not just this forum that hates Daenerys. Just have a look at the ASOIAF forum.

afinalsin666

First Grade
I reckon Dany is one of the strongest in the series.

She lived an extremely sheltered life up until she was bargained off to Khal Drogo, and was abused by her older brother. She is passive the entire time with Drogo, learns to love him, then he gets injured and she finally thrusts herself to the forefront, and her decision gets him killed and gets herself barren.

She resurrects the Dragons, and the people worship her as a god. The responsibility of the people bears down on her, so she tries to do what she thinks a leader would do. Make grand speeches, look noble, etc etc. Every strength of the kings of old she was taught in her childhood, she displays. But it comes through fake, because she only has dusty tomes as reference. It's an actor acting as Daenerys acting as a ruler.

Does give more justification for what comes down the line. Bitter ex and all that.

Hate it. The sudden shock of seeing her with Tywin solidified the notion that she was nothing but a whore the whole time, causing Tyrion to snap. He regretted it later, clearly f**ked up from what he had done. Will he regret as much as he does in the books? I doubt it. It needed to be cold to break Tyrion. She was just a whore, and he was expecting his first wife again.

Though it could be worse, Tywin could rape her and Tyrion could save her.

tumbidragon

First Grade
How the hell can anybody not love Stannis?

139441680327.jpg
I love the Big Red S! Very uncompromising and iron willed charter. Once set to task, no one may alter his coarse (perhaps Davos to a degree) I reckon they hit the nail on the head with his characters casting.
Epic poster btw :D

Tommy Smith

Referee
I think people have done pretty well tbh.

If anything your comment is the spoiler because it's now brought my attention to something I had no awareness of.

If that makes sense.

Bottom line is in a thread about GoT, I have no right to complain if someone lets slip a spoiler. I can easily protect myself by doing the smart thing and avoiding this thread.

But alas I love hearing some intelligent views on the show.

Coaster

Bench
If anything your comment is the spoiler because it's now brought my attention to something I had no awareness of.

If that makes sense.

No it doesn't.

Anyway I understand some have read the books, they are extremely easy to spot. As they tell you within the first 3 sentences.

Only joking.

Have fun, I am just annoyed still after having last weeks episode spoiled just minutes before I got to see it.

Game_Breaker

Coach
What are the parallels that GoT has with the real world?

Westeros basically being England is the obvious one
Aegon the Conqueror = William the Conqueror possibly?
Wasn't there an actual giant wall in medieval England as well

Any more anyone can think of

Apey

Staff member
That does not imply what you think it does. Does me elaborating on a spoiler count as a spoiler?

Springs

First Grade
The Wall is based on Hadrian's Wall, which the remnants of can still be seen.
The Red Wedding is also based on the Black Dinner. The crown of Scotland invited the chiefs of the Douglas clan to dinner and beheaded them.
Also the basic shape is of Great Britain, with King's Landing in the basic area of London.

Last edited:

Springs

First Grade
Davos is my favourite character and because of that I generally go for Stannis. The showrunners hate him though and so he's a lot more evil on the show. This last episode showed him burning people for following other gods. In the books he burned them for trying to surrender to the Lannisters, which is treason and usually carried the death penalty in the middle ages.

Show Stannis is bipolar. One episode he's sympathetic and you feel sorry for him, the next he's an angry tyrant who wants to kill everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts