What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ref Watch 2014 (aka the Skeepe Thread)

gronkathon

First Grade
Speaking of obvious though I cannot believe the obvious illegal blocking Parra got away with on kicks yesterday afternoon.

I understand that it is a grey area at times but pushing a player and also taking two steps and dropping the shoulder surely has to be called.

It is getting beyond ridiculous now

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Just before Parra threw that intercept Keith Galloway was lying all over our players after tackling them two times in a row for at least half an hour on both occasions,can't believe he wasn't penalised.

Intercept try should never have happened

POPEYE

Coach
Coaches are soon going to devote video sessions with the sole purpose being theatrical devisiveness and they're a whole lot f**king smarter than any man who thinks he looks good in pink

The NRL needs to think carefully before a can of worms is opened, the VR bunker is not just an alternative any longer

Card Shark

Immortal
Obvious it was Brooks intent to try and get a penalty, and it worked, it's frustrating when the players find it so easy to con the refs

Ch 9 / Fox also con refs when they play incidents in slow-mo.

Had to laugh the other day when a kicker got the ball away & was tackled a split second later, not high & not a shoulder charge.

The commentator says, he was hit a "few seconds later". It was more like 1/2 sec later & he was committed to the tackle. It looked like 2 seconds later because it was slowed right down.

The video ref must request a normal speed replay if interfering in these type of decisions, instead if watching a 1/3 speed replay. Of course it's going to look late if it's slowed right down on replay.

Last edited:

gronkathon

First Grade
The point of contact with Brooks that took him down was with the legs. Hardly a dive.

FMD any port in a storm for some I guess

jk13

First Grade
Would it be possible to enforce some form of educational entry level for refs to try and avoid only attracting the intellectually limited. There needs to be an investigation

betcats

Referee
Two stripping penalties awarded last night to the titans were so f**ken terrible, they have to be guessing. Both times harrison offloaded to the ground and they just call it a strip, f**ken pathetic merkins.

Slackboy72

Coach
LOL you are the saddest little bitch on here

Get a life you monumental loser

pot_kettle_black.jpg

Tigger Madness

Juniors
Andrew Webstar wrote a good article in today's herald exposing how much hysteria has been caused by so-called ref "howlers".

Most of these decisions are line-ball at best and could go either way. Us supporters are turning into a bunch of sooky whingers who just look for someone else to blame when our team looses.

As webby says, show me a game where the ref cost you the result and ill show you a hundred instances where your own team stuffed up much much worse.

Slackboy72

Coach
Andrew Webstar wrote a good article in today's herald exposing how much hysteria has been caused by so-called ref "howlers".

Most of these decisions are line-ball at best and could go either way. Us supporters are turning into a bunch of sooky whingers who just look for someone else to blame when our team looses.

As webby says, show me a game where the ref cost you the result and ill show you a hundred instances where your own team stuffed up much much worse.

Hardly a fair comparison.

Players who have 'howlers' get dropped.
Refs who have 'howlers' get given bigger and better games to stuff up.

Players don't get given a second chance during a game to get it right.
Refs get given second, third, fourth and fifth chances yet still screw the pooch. North Qld and Melbourne did everything they could do (according to the rules) to win their games. Video refs did everthing they could to screw them over.

brooksy19

Bench
The point of contact with Brooks that took him down was with the legs. Hardly a dive.

FMD any port in a storm for some I guess

Exactly.. That muppet Gower ran into his leg as Brooks was heading off towards the ball carrier, the fact he was taken out lead to Lawrence having to come in and not handle Hoppa.

Obstruction any day of the week, the fact they got it wrong on Fri night shouldn't come into account on Monday.

Please make Mondays ruling the norm though.

The Eagle

Juniors
Exactly.. That muppet Gower ran into his leg as Brooks was heading off towards the ball carrier, the fact he was taken out lead to Lawrence having to come in and not handle Hoppa.

Obstruction any day of the week, the fact they got it wrong on Fri night shouldn't come into account on Monday.

Please make Mondays ruling the norm though.

Was a dive and a half

pHyR3

Juniors
brooks is a small kid, and a big bopper smashing into his legs while he's trying to move quickly to the left meant he fell. i seriously doubt it was a dive, hes never come across that way to me.

good example of obstruction for refs to take note of. Not a textbook one, but it's a lineball one that leans on the side of obstruction.

the one on friday though... gee whiz.

Latest posts