What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji Marshall

FootynRacing

Juniors
f**k him. $300k is still $300k and we are better off with it than without it. Benji lost my respect the day that video was posted of him in the blues jersey. It's money for nothing and money we never we would get. It could be used to improve the unbelievably outdated gym at Concord.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
and we have good press and feel around the place. This action will just drag us back into last years negative publicity.

Let him go.

Its the Sharks. Turn the screws on them and recoupe some of he lost Gibbs money they are still laughing about. They NEED Benji and will pay it.

Matchball

Bench
Stall it until the trade deadline passes at least.
Let him sit out the season.
I don't want to strengthen a team when we are going so well. Good tactics with a f**k you attached.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Just be careful of the restraint of trade lawsuit that could happen if the condition was that he plays for no one else but the tigers till 2016, if you guys can't pick up his contract.

super_coach

First Grade
I would let him play for anyone as long as it was not the Tigers. Cant see how we can demand money if we are not willing to sign him.

So I hope he goes to the Sharks and plays some quality football, till the day he plays us than he can save up all his massive blunders for one game. You know all his special blunders, the odd pass to the bloke on the hill,the brain dead kick on the 1st tackle,failing to find touch and of course missing about ten tackles

gronkathon

First Grade
If it was a condition of his release we are entitled to it.

Get it done quickly and move on so he is at Remondis in a Sharks uniform when we play them.

What a great defensive trio in their back line, Carney, Marshall & Ayshford.

What a great attacking back line, Carney to Marshall to Ayshford (not - it stops there, plan B - use opposite side - plan C, drop Ayshford for Marshall).

On a serious note though, I wish him well and believe the Sharks have one leader in Gallen who will be telling Marshall to leave his ego at the door. Then they have a coach, this year and next who won't take the crap that Sheens allowed.

Next thing is the crap the Ch 9 will feed up in his first interview for the Footy Show.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gallen needs to be on his arse 24/7 if they are to get anything out of him.

Sharp looks lost as a coach.

magpie_man

Juniors
i really hope he swallows his pride and goes to the storm where bellamy can help him to rekindle some of the form that made him one of the great players of his generation. his time at the tigers is finished.
he brought me a lot of joy as a tigers fan (as well as a lot of frustration, haha) and always seemed like a pretty sincere and down-to-earth bloke until his ego was artificially inflated by sycophants and "media" appearances. sheens' "mentoring" must have surely played a part in this as well.
it kills me seeing one of the key players who lifted us from the laughing stock of the nrl to one of the "big 5" wallowing on the bench or in reserves in nzru. he's better than that. hopefully this has been a bit of a lesson in humility for him and he can turn things around.

N.C.

Juniors
I have no doubt he will get another shot and that he will make the most of it. And he deserves to go out on his own terms. But f**k me if this isn't a bit of fun to watch in the meantime...

macnaz

Staff member
i really hope he swallows his pride and goes to the storm where bellamy can help him to rekindle some of the form that made him one of the great players of his generation. his time at the tigers is finished.
he brought me a lot of joy as a tigers fan (as well as a lot of frustration, haha) and always seemed like a pretty sincere and down-to-earth bloke until his ego was artificially inflated by sycophants and "media" appearances. sheens' "mentoring" must have surely played a part in this as well.
it kills me seeing one of the key players who lifted us from the laughing stock of the nrl to one of the "big 5" wallowing on the bench or in reserves in nzru. he's better than that. hopefully this has been a bit of a lesson in humility for him and he can turn things around.

+1

Cronulla wonder why they are in the sh*t,they seem to only recruit WT players,that threaten to win us a wooden spoon for two woeful seasons.

macnaz

Staff member
Why do the sharks wonder why they are in the shit ? 2013 finalist's and Tigers were spoon contenders.

BrotherJim05

Bench
How the hell can anyone here say anything about his ego? Has anyone met the bloke in real life? Maybe I'm blind to what everyone else is seeing but I just don't understand how people can comment on his ego when its all completely open to interpretation and has obviously been skewed by the media. This seems like an article that would appear in woman's day.

NEWS FLASH, KIM KARDASHIAN's EGO HAS LEAD HER TO WANT OUT OF HER LATEST BUSINESS VENTURE WITH HER SISTER.
"What are your views randomdude45?"
"Well it's obvious to everyone that Kim just thinks she's too cool for school"
"Really? What makes you think this"
"Well there is a blurred photo of her coming out of a starbucks...which obviously tells us her ego is so big that she hates mankind and wishes slow death upon everyone"
"well obviously!"

Last edited: