What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin team based on current form and past experience

Tommy Smith

Referee
I think a lot depends on Mullen's hammy. He's been a bit limp since his return but if he regains full fitness then he should be at 5/8, which is his best position.

He and Pearce both have excellent passing games and would strike up a good combination.

I'd go:

The Dugan
Brett Morris
Josh Morris/Michael Jennings
Jarryd Hayne
Jorge Taufua
Jarrod Mullen
Mitchell Pearce
Paul Gallen
Robbie Farah
Aaron Woods
Anthony Watmough
Beau Scott
Greg Bird

Trent Merrin
Andrew Fifita
Boyd Cordner
Luke Lewis

Powerful backline and a brutal forward pack. Josh Reynolds is a good player but I don't see his value on the bench.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I think a lot depends on Mullen's hammy. He's been a bit limp since his return but if he regains full fitness then he should be at 5/8, which is his best position.

He and Pearce both have excellent passing games and would strike up a good combination.

I'd go:

The Dugan
Brett Morris
Jarryd Hayne
Jorge Taufua
Jarrod Mullen
Mitchell Pearce
Paul Gallen
Robbie Farah
Aaron Woods
Anthony Watmough
Beau Scott
Greg Bird

Trent Merrin
Andrew Fifita
Boyd Cordner
Luke Lewis

Powerful backline and a brutal forward pack. Josh Reynolds is a good player but I don't see his value on the bench.

You are kidding yourself.

The blind love & devotion to Mythcell by Rooster fans is the best comedy around.
That 6 min Youtube clip of his abysmal SOO performances should be shown to every fan who selects him at 7 for NSW..

A more inept performance,(& it is over 4-5 yrs ) will never be achieved again.

Simply ,put he has failed miserably at SOO .Constant failure ,but still the Mythcell man love is strong.

Tayjack

Juniors

I'd go:

The Dugan
Brett Morris
Jarryd Hayne
Jorge Taufua
Jarrod Mullen
Mitchell Pearce
Paul Gallen
Robbie Farah
Aaron Woods
Anthony Watmough
Beau Scott
Greg Bird

Trent Merrin
Andrew Fifita
Boyd Cordner
Luke Lewis

This would be as good a side we could have id reckon, if luke lewis gets 2-3 games under his belt and shows no ill effects, i would definitely be starting him, scott back to the bench.
This is i believe the strongest 17 at the moment.

GONZO72

Juniors
This would be as good a side we could have id reckon, if luke lewis gets 2-3 games under his belt and shows no ill effects, i would definitely be starting him, scott back to the bench.
This is i believe the strongest 17 at the moment.

Not a bad side, except for Scott, and Reynolds. Also, as good an origin player Lewis is, I don't think he will be ready for origin

Tayjack

Juniors
Not a bad side, except for Scott, and Reynolds. Also, as good an origin player Lewis is, I don't think he will be ready for origin

Reynolds ain't in the above side, Lewis would be ready is naturally origin hardened, he will also have another 10 days in camp prior to first game, and he would be doing extras , he will be doing it now to be honest.

The Eagle

Juniors
1 Brett Stewart
2 Josh Dugan
3 Josh Morris
4 Micheal Jennings
5 Brett Morris
6 Jarrod Hayne
7 Todd Carney
8 Tim Grant
9 Nathan Peats
10 Aaron Woods
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Paul Gallen
13 Glenn Stewart

14 Kade Snowden
15 Willie Mason
16 Greg Bird
17 Mitchell Aubusson

18 Kurt Gidley (For the lolz)

At least this team would hit hard and have some f**king flair

GONZO72

Juniors
1 Brett Stewart
2 Josh Dugan
3 Josh Morris
4 Micheal Jennings
5 Brett Morris
6 Jarrod Hayne
7 Todd Carney
8 Tim Grant
9 Nathan Peats
10 Aaron Woods
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Paul Gallen
13 Glenn Stewart

14 Kade Snowden
15 Willie Mason
16 Greg Bird
17 Mitchell Aubusson

Absolutely agree 100%. They'd hit hard, and show plenty of flair.

The only problem is.....they'd get beat by 30

natheel

Coach
1 Brett Stewart
2 Josh Dugan
3 Josh Morris
4 Micheal Jennings
5 Brett Morris
6 Jarrod Hayne
7 Todd Carney
8 Tim Grant
9 Nathan Peats
10 Aaron Woods
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Paul Gallen
13 Glenn Stewart

14 Kade Snowden
15 Willie Mason
16 Greg Bird
17 Mitchell Aubusson

Sigh. Put the best fullback in NSW at the moment at five eight....idiot

betcats

Referee
Playing hayne on the wing or at centre is one thing, putting him at 5/8 is just dumb imo. When is the last time he played 5/8? We know he is a gun at FB, Wing and Centre. I don't recall him being to great at 5/8 when played there.

GONZO72

Juniors
Playing hayne on the wing or at centre is one thing, putting him at 5/8 is just dumb imo. When is the last time he played 5/8? We know he is a gun at FB, Wing and Centre. I don't recall him being to great at 5/8 when played there.

Hayne WILL NOT be chosen on the wing. Daley has already said that publicly.
Hayne WiLL NOT be chosen in the centre. Jennings and Morris are both test players, and have done nothing wrong.
The reason I think he should be picked at 6, is because NSW have no alternative, and QLD would hate him playing there.
As much as Dugan can be a loose cannon, he is world class, and again QLD would hate him playing at the back.
As for playing him centre, he'd be ineffective. Inglis hasn't made an impact for 2 years at centre, and at number 6, Hayne would handle the ball more often.

WaznTheGreat

Referee

Hayne has never been good at 5/8 cos he never tries when he plays there,always puts up a lazy effort when selected there,he obviously doesn't enjoy it.

mozza91

Coach
Wouldn't mind Mason getting picked. He always stands up in the important games. He's good for morale for us so he could do something similar for NSW.

Fat Krion

Juniors
Hayne WILL NOT be chosen on the wing. Daley has already said that publicly.
Hayne WiLL NOT be chosen in the centre. Jennings and Morris are both test players, and have done nothing wrong.
The reason I think he should be picked at 6, is because NSW have no alternative, and QLD would hate him playing there.
As much as Dugan can be a loose cannon, he is world class, and again QLD would hate him playing at the back.
As for playing him centre, he'd be ineffective. Inglis hasn't made an impact for 2 years at centre, and at number 6, Hayne would handle the ball more often.

I agree with Hayne playing 5/8.

Is he the best fullback in NSW ? Most definetly but Inglis is the best fullback in the world and plays centre for QLD.

Boyd is a fullback and plays wing, Tate has also played wing although his best position is centre.

QLD pick their best 17 players. NSW need to do the same.

Remember NSW have won games with Timmins, Anasta, Finch and Bird at 5/8.

GONZO72

Juniors
NSW have to do things a bit differently. It hasn't worked for 9 years. We need X factor players. Agree, pick our best 17, and see what happens.
I'm still yet to be convinced the likes of Bird and Lewis are the absolute answer. What about Gallen?
Does NSW need a fresh start ?

NSW have to do things a bit differently. It hasn't worked for 9 years. We need X factor players. Agree, pick our best 17, and see what happens.
I'm still yet to be convinced the likes of Bird and Lewis are the absolute answer. What about Gallen?
:lol::lol:
Nothing wrong with your forwards,they match QLDs.

As can be seen by any RL fan with an IQ above that of a pot plant ,
The problem is in the halves,well one of them .

No use forwards going well if the set is finished off by a bomb (taken easily by the same winger),a fumble,or kicked out or dead.

Find a no 7 that has a kicking game ,something to keep the pressure on.
Repeat sets are GOLD in SOO.
Sadly your no 7 is as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike when it comes to getting a repeat set.

Fat Krion

Juniors

No use forwards going well if the set is finished off by a bomb (taken easily by the same winger),a fumble,or kicked out or dead.

Sadly your no 7 is as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike when it comes to getting a repeat set.

It is easy to bag Pearce but offer us an alternative . Pearces' short kicking game is ordinary but his defence is probably the best amongst the halves and is willing to run to and through the line.

Unlike other halves who refuse to be tackled.

Alternatives please or do you fear retribution if your chosen one is selected and has a shocker.

Surely your not in the Reynolds camp, either one !

Fat Krion

Juniors

Bird and Gallen are crucial, Lewis can do without.

GONZO72

Juniors

Everybody is very quick to rubbish Mitchell Pearce. You'd swear if the no 7 was different, NSW would have won the last 3 series. FFS, it's more than him. NSW don't have a champion half like a JT, DCE, or Cronk.
Pearce hasn't dominated origins, but he isn't Robinson Crusoe. Maloney has to go before Pearce.