What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC_fan

Coach
We are about to see an NRL crowds record broken tonight or tomorrow in the early game.

We need just another 16,498 fans to attend games this weekend to break the record for best attendance figures over a two week period.

Last season rounds six and seven drew a total of 324,481 fans and that is the record. Last weeks round drew 169,408. Which meant we needed to draw 155,074 fans this weekend to beat the record. So far in five games we have pulled 138,576 fans through the gate.

So there we go, the game supposedly in crisis is about to break attendance record

It will have to be tomorrow then.

BunniesMan

Immortal
We are about to see an NRL crowds record broken tonight or tomorrow in the early game.

We need just another 16,498 fans to attend games this weekend to break the record for best attendance figures over a two week period.

Last season rounds six and seven drew a total of 324,481 fans and that is the record. Last weeks round drew 169,408. Which meant we needed to draw 155,074 fans this weekend to beat the record. So far in five games we have pulled 138,576 fans through the gate.

So there we go, the game supposedly in crisis is about to break attendance record

2 week periods are statistical noise. Especially when fixtures vary dramatically. A meaningless record.

What would be a meaningful record is a record over an entire season.

pHyR3

Juniors
2 week periods are statistical noise. Especially when fixtures vary dramatically. A meaningless record.

agreed, but it will go a long way in achieving that record. Especially if we can carry some of this momentum in to the few rounds left before SOO and get a nice 22k+ average for R26 we should be able to beat last year.

DC_fan

Coach
agreed, but it will go a long way in achieving that record. Especially if we can carry some of this momentum in to the few rounds left before SOO and get a nice 22k+ average for R26 we should be able to beat last year.

The problem is that next week we do not have any NRL games being played. The weekend will be taken up by a test match that doesn't appear to be drawing much fan interest and the most useless game on the league calendar, City verses Country.

We really needed NRL games to be played next week to keep the momentum going with crowds.

DC_fan

Coach

BM you are right. But it's a feel good story. In a season where we have had continuing stories about the drop in crowd figures, here we have a positive one.

I would hope the media go with it.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
The problem is that next week we do not have any NRL games being played. The weekend will be taken up by a test match that doesn't appear to be drawing much fan interest and the most useless game on the league calendar, City verses Country.

We really needed NRL games to be played next week to keep the momentum going with crowds.

I tend to agree. i love international footy but I feel this year it is coming at a bad time with the comp having a lot of momentum. The only way to do the rep round is have more fixtures in it so it doeant feel so empty. Currently its 3 but If they had say 5 or 6 it would fill the weekend nicely and contribute to the momentum.

Friday kangaroos v kiwis
Saturday 2 pacific tests double header somewhere
Sunday city country

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Where are all these so called Dogs fans????

On top of the ladder and looking at 5 straight, terrible crowd.

Dogs Of War

Coach
That has to be the worst excuse I have ever read.

How about stuff all knights supporters were at the ground, and even my local pub which is usually pumping was quiet as I think most people had a huge day on Friday and decided to have a quiet one on the Saturday.

Knights v dogs crowds are usually around this mark anyhow unless both are playing out of there skins.

BlueandGold

Juniors
My guess 41k for today.

I hope 14k for Sharks, 13k for Cowboys, 17k for Dogs considering the form they are in.

Realistically 41k

Hopefully 44k+

Damm i am on fire with my crowd predictions of late...

41k for the Saturday as predicted. 15k for dogs is to be expected, but seeing as they are in top form it is sort of a fail now that i think about it.

Actually up against the WSW finals game it would have hurt Bulldogs crowd by i would say 1k minimum.

I change my mind again lol good crowd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts