What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Souths backline

BranVan3000

Coach
Next we will see Goodwin dropped for Aaron Gray, I am guessing. Might move Auva'a on to the wing and Gray at center. Should complete the transition of youth into our backline

Goodwin, too slow. Got run down by Gillett over 20m.

Are our wingers coached to leave overlaps?

We've been guilty of doing this for so many years and it's so bloody frustrating.

Talanoa was an expert at it and Merritt also got worse as the years went on.

You can even go back to the 'halcyon days' of the mid 2000's when Shannon Hegarty was constantly doing it.

Bruce123

Juniors
We've been guilty of doing this for so many years and it's so bloody frustrating.

Talanoa was an expert at it and Merritt also got worse as the years went on.

You can even go back to the 'halcyon days' of the mid 2000's when Shannon Hegarty was constantly doing it.

It must be frustrating to be a souffs supporter in general, serial chokers come September

RWB

Bench
Rugby League is an overly simplistic game. Of course you would rather Quality 2-5 But if they're competent and you are strong where it matters you are going to win more games then you lose.

If you consider Rugby League to be overly simplistic why follow the game?

Sounds pretty boring to me.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Walker and Johnston have me excited. I'm amazed how quickly Johnston has looked comfortable at NRL standard. Walker has origin potential. Auvaa is also exciting.

Hard to believe a few weeks ago we were playing the likes of Tuqiri, Reddy and Merritt.

oikee

Juniors
Backline looks good, but what about the forwards. Totally owned the two Brisbane teams this year. Burgess (George) one man wrecking ball.
Titans apart from Douglas got owned. Bigtime.

Iron Lion

Juniors
Backline looks good, but what about the forwards. Totally owned the two Brisbane teams this year. Burgess (George) one man wrecking ball.
Titans apart from Douglas got owned. Bigtime.

Cant wait to see Souths go head to head with the Warriors if both teams maintain their form. That clash has epic written all over it on so many levels.

mxlegend99

Referee
Walker looked good last night, but it was only a week ago that Jamal Idris completely humiliated him in the City vs Country match. So he's still got a bit to go IMO. Titans centres last night were an average former second rower and an average fullback.

But he has shown he has the speed and skill to be a very lethal centre. Now it's just a matter of gaining more experience and getting more development into his combination with his winger. Walker/Johnston look like they could be a killer combination for years to come. WIth the Souths apparently having signed Josh Mansour, it really just leaves filling the other centre spot. 2015:

1. Inglis
2. Johnston
3. Walker
4. Auva'a
5. Mansour

There's a chance Auva'a could develop into the player they need him to be. He has looked pretty good so far. But I think bringing in a classy and experienced centre would still be worthwhile. Especially with injuries and representative duties.

Souths fans have good reason to be excited. Their team is travelling well at the moment, and for mine will only be better in 2015.

oikee

Juniors
Cant wait to see Souths go head to head with the Warriors if both teams maintain their form. That clash has epic written all over it on so many levels.

Agree.
And this comp is really starting to look interesting.
The Bunnies are the team to beat as far as i am concerned.
It now comes down to 4 teams who i think will battle out the top 4.
Souths, Roosters, Warriors and Bulldogs.
All have good mobile packs who can tear you a new one.
I did not put the cows in their because they cant win in Sydney.

BranVan3000

Coach
Walker looked good last night, but it was only a week ago that Jamal Idris completely humiliated him in the City vs Country match. So he's still got a bit to go IMO. Titans centres last night were an average former second rower and an average fullback.

But he has shown he has the speed and skill to be a very lethal centre. Now it's just a matter of gaining more experience and getting more development into his combination with his winger. Walker/Johnston look like they could be a killer combination for years to come. WIth the Souths apparently having signed Josh Mansour, it really just leaves filling the other centre spot. 2015:

1. Inglis
2. Johnston
3. Walker
4. Auva'a
5. Mansour

There's a chance Auva'a could develop into the player they need him to be. He has looked pretty good so far. But I think bringing in a classy and experienced centre would still be worthwhile. Especially with injuries and representative duties.

Souths fans have good reason to be excited. Their team is travelling well at the moment, and for mine will only be better in 2015.
Idris was on fire in that game, it was a mismatch in size for Walker. But he learned by the end of the game how to beat Idris and totally burned him with speed at the end of the game and got the line break which led up to the match tying try, so I'd say he got some back.

Was a good clash overall

Fat Krion

Juniors
Agree.
And this comp is really starting to look interesting.
The Bunnies are the team to beat as far as i am concerned.
It now comes down to 4 teams who i think will battle out the top 4.
Souths, Roosters, Warriors and Bulldogs.
All have good mobile packs who can tear you a new one.
I did not put the cows in their because they cant win in Sydney.

Forget Manly at your peril, I don't follow them but have the best 6/7 pairing and the best centre combination...A tough pack and B Stewart always hard to beat in big games.

They will be there

BunniesMan

Immortal
Warriors? Ha. They'll be 4-6 next week.

This years contenders will be the current top 4 but with Souths replacing the tits.

Latest posts