What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye bye Green

broncos2010

Juniors
Like I said before this club will always be in the shadows of big brother broncos.

No matter how much talent you have and the best player in the world perhaps in JT.

Why was Robert Lui dropped? From the matches I have watched this year he has played well. Him and Thurston seem to play better each week together. I think the cowboys have a lot of players playing worse than Robert Lui.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Like I said before this club will always be in the shadows of big brother broncos.

No matter how much talent you have and the best player in the world perhaps in JT.

Yep they've had it too easy for too long. They need another team in Brisbane for all the league fans in the city that hate the Broncos.

Didgi

Thread started badly and actually managed to get worse, impressive.

Another season of underachievement... Agree Lui hasn't been our worst but a shakeup is what we need and he shouldn't have been there to begin with in the minds of many. Ant Mitchell will add some spark and hopefully a bit of a change up in the forwards will give them the kick up the arse they need.

Canard

Immortal
Lui has been f**king horrible.

Do you guys follow league? He is the worst defender in the NRL and has zero attacking ability.

elyod138

Bench
Yes, I'm serious that he has a terrible attitude and shouldn't be in the team, did you reply to the wrong post?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
he has taken one step further then henry and actually dropped blokes out of form and replaced them blokes that actually deserve it and even better actually play that position.

The extra few % effort into attention to detail is the difference in atleast 6 competition points for us atm, started off the season doing well in the first 80m of the field but cant screw it up fast enough as soon as they get into the opposition 20. Don't think any team has less chance of scoring from 1m out than us this year and no matter how good the game plan is from the coach it doesn't make a difference if the entire team suddenly have flippers instead of hands. Most likely a confidence thing as for example feldt in the first few rounds (if he managed to catch it to start off with or even rarer if tate actually passed it) in an attacking position he would immediately go for the impossible aerial put down in the corner as he doesn't think he has any other options as opposed to someone full of confidence like radradra would get the ball and just go "screw you im going to score" and then do it.

It's awesome that when we finally put a decent effort in and put the sword through a side and problems from previous weeks looked much better (scott and tamou actually looking like the current aus front row, completions, not looking lost and being mistake ridden in the opp 20, rubbish last tackle options etc) is followed by a weekend off which will kill that momentum and most likely go back to not being able to finish a sandwich nether lone a set in the opposition half again.

Shorty

Staff member
When they announced this bloke as the new coach, it took me 2 seconds to know what the outcome would be, that outcome was that he would not last the season. Bye bye Paul, and to the muppets that hired him you should be shown the door too, actually you should be first to go - fair dinkum.
Right so who exactly would you choose?
I mean if the board was so wrong, why hasn't Neil Henry scored a head coach gig anywhere else? Why is he simply an assistant?

The team is a confidence team that and they're lazy, this won't appear overnight and it's something that takes time to enforce.
I'm real frustrated like most cows fans but I struggle to understand how it's the coach's fault.
Green's actually trying to change this culture.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Take Steve Price :)
How are the Titans going, coincident that Henry has turned up, and they have improved out of sight...

Canard

Immortal
Take Steve Price :)
How are the Titans going, coincident that Henry has turned up, and they have improved out of sight...

I think its very sensible to judge how a team's season is going after only 8 rounds, it would stupid to wait until the end of the season to see how they went.

Putting that aside, I think Neil is probably the best assistant coach in the NRL, he just isn't a head coach.

Whether Green is any good we will have to wait and see. I did like his choice of team against Parramatta and against the Broncos.

For the first time this season he is really stamping his mark on the team, not just blindly following Neil.

Parkway_Drive

Juniors
I think Green will go okay. It be a good game this weeekend as Green coming to the Cows from the Chooks, he will know most of the Chooks plays. Nonetheless I hope Easts will win but I am not too confident ATM as the Cows look to be running into form.

Latest posts