What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji Marshall is coming back to the NRL.

Fazz_138

Juniors
If Benji is smart, he'll go to the Storm even if they're offering peanuts for this year. If there is a club/coach that can rebuild his career it's Melbourne. If he takes the quick cash and goes to Cronulla (or The Warriors) things might get ugly.

If Benji is smart, he'll go to the Storm even if they're offering peanuts for this year. If there is a club/coach that can rebuild his career it's Melbourne. If he takes the quick cash and goes to Cronulla (or The Warriors) things might get ugly.

Serious, can people not understand that he won't be signed for peanuts anywhere!

His contract and value will be scrutinized by the NRL and they won't allow him to sign for peanuts!

It will be a case of fair price and where he can fit within a clubs salary cap.

jason taylor

Bench
Yep, if Folau wasn't allowed to sign for 200k after 2 years playing AFL I don't see why they will let Marshall sign for peanuts.

Jono Russell

Bench
Yep, if Folau wasn't allowed to sign for 200k after 2 years playing AFL I don't see why they will let Marshall sign for peanuts.

I would guess that Folau is still classed as a superstar and is still young. Whilst Benji left league in terrible form is ageing and has a huge question mark over his head.

I would guess that Folau is still classed as a superstar and is still young. Whilst Benji left league in terrible form is ageing and has a huge question mark over his head.

No matter what the opinion of Benji is by any of us the NRL will scrutinize the deal and make a determination on it. It won't be peanuts, it won't be a truck load either, but it will be what they and Benji think is fair.

It may be like the dragons and Le Gaz

Funny you should say that Thorston1987.

Gaz said this week on some show (can't recall which) that Benji won't be signed on a cheap deal and stated that when he came back he agreed to Dragons trying to register a contract at $50k for the remainder of the year. NRL knocked it back and it had to be upgraded before NRL would register it.

Some in the know Dragon may be able to confirm, but was from Gaz himself

RedVee

First Grade
Funny you should say that Thorston1987.

Gaz said this week on some show (can't recall which) that Benji won't be signed on a cheap deal and stated that when he came back he agreed to Dragons trying to register a contract at $50k for the remainder of the year. NRL knocked it back and it had to be upgraded before NRL would register it.

Some in the know Dragon may be able to confirm, but was from Gaz himself

True as I recall. In the end They used the same $ formula as applied to Lote's return to the Tigers earlier. Amusing as the Tiger supporters were some of those crying the loudest about Gaz's return.

insert.pause

First Grade
Why is no one asking how Melbourne have the cap room mid season to sign benji Marshall? As average as his form has been, I assume he's not going to play for free. I think most clubs would be scratching their heads wondering how they have room to even make him an offer.

newman

First Grade
My sources are telling me it is the Storm. As good as a done deal. To be announced in the coming days.

How do you have sources if you don't leave the house?

My sources; who are real human beings with connections to clubs and player managers are telling me Cronulla are front runners as his preference is to stay in Sydney and reuniting with beau et al is attractive; but ch9 are pushing hard for him to be in Melbourne and they carry considerable weight. No decision made yet.

Eddie.

Bench
I hope he goes to Melbourne. Will toughen him up. Will be a very smart move.

Cronulla I reckon it will end in tears. Still got his mates there, average side, interim coach, sydney circus.

Latest posts