What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

Bronco18

Juniors
With Hunt/Milford seemingly locked in as our halves combination for years to come, where would we spend our C. Smith money?

I'd like another tall imposing front rower (Kasiano would do nicely IF he trims down) and/or a speedy young three quarter.

Last edited:

Kiwi

First Grade
Milford having second thoughts. No. 6 in the immediate pipeline.

Scott Prince take 2 anyone:

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2231289/benji-marshall-seeks-rugby-release-for-nrl-return/?cs=12

it says nothing about Milford in that article, and quite frankly all this talk for the last 6 f**king months about will he or wont, oh he signed, will he wont he is getting really annoying. No one knows what Milford is doing but him. Now if he decides to remain at the Raiders good luck to him, good luck to the Raiders yadda yadda, but until he does or the round 13 deadline passes why the need to constantly bring it up? All you have done here is add 1 + 6 and gotten 20.

Maroon4life

Juniors
it's been going on for the last 6+ months will he wont he, getting very repetitive.

So nothing credible from Milford actually stating he is re evaluating his options ala Fifita?

Don't think there's a whole lot to worry about.

But back on topic, big NO to Marshall.

Boy

Juniors
with stewart leaving manly would brisbane have enough to entice DCE to come up north ?
has been touted as a future QLD and Aus captain

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
with stewart leaving manly would brisbane have enough to entice DCE to come up north ?
has been touted as a future QLD and Aus captain

With Stewart leaving I would have thought that Manly would have a much better chance of keeping DCE.

In any case, don't think we need him provided Milford comes:

1. Barba
6. Milford
7. Hunt
9. McCullough

If Hunt and McCullough keep up their form and continue to improve then happy days!

Maroon4life

Juniors
I don't think DCE will ever leave manly, DCE & Foran will keep each other there. That's probably another one that got away.

We got a real shot with the Hunt/Milford combo though, something we can build on and work towards a few trophies. It's decent centres and another front rower that we need to focus our $$$ on for the next few years.

lockyno1

Post Whore
DCE would cost a million bucks and as good as he is it wold involve NO Milford or Barba. The one question I have with DCE is can he do it on his own? At Manly he has Lyon, Foron, Balin, Stewart, etc...Qld he has the stars, ditto Australia. It is a million dollar gamble. It might pay off but what happens if it fails?

Kiwi

First Grade
How would our side look if we landed K Hunt, Folau and J Paulo for next year as the RLW has linked us to all three. Not saying it's gospel, but holy shitballs batman that would give us one hell of a team.

1 - Barba
2 - Vidot
3 - Folau
4 - Hodges
5 - Copely
6 - Milford
7 - B Hunt
8 - McGuire
9 - McCullough
10 - Parker
11 - Thaiday
12 - Gillett
13 - Paulo

14 - Kennedy
15 - Oates
16 - Glenn
17 - Hannant

Can't find a spot for K Hunt

Last edited:

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
How would our side look if we landed K Hunt, Folau and J Paulo for next year as the RLW has linked us to all three. Not saying it's gospel, but holy shitballs batman that would give us one hell of a team.

Might have been believable until Folau's name was mentioned

Dazzat

First Grade
It sounds like a broken record, but besides No. 6, probably our most pressing problem is the front row because Matthew Kennedy is sure not the answer, and Hannant is looking that he's past his best.

At the start of the season, there was speculation that the law changes would reduce the effectiveness of big men, but if you look at the top teams so far - they all have big boppers - Bulldogs, Titans, Tigers - not so much Manly.

I would like us to target a no nonsense front rower - in the Aiden Tolman mould.

Tayjack

Juniors

1 - Barba
2 - Vidot
3 - Folau
4 - Hodges
5 - Copely
6 - Milford
7 - B Hunt
8 - McGuire
9 - McCullough
10 - Parker
11 - Thaiday
12 - Gillett
13 - Paulo

14 - Kennedy
15 - Oates
16 - Glenn
17 - Hannant

Can't find a spot for K Hunt

He would be fullback 100%. The bloke has no regard for personal safety, and with him running back at full speed, he gets the team on the front foot. Easy selection at 1, barba has to play off the bench or QLD cup - simple.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
[/B]

He would be fullback 100%. The bloke has no regard for personal safety, and with him running back at full speed, he gets the team on the front foot. Easy selection at 1, barba has to play off the bench or QLD cup - simple.

K Hunt over Barba? No thanks. I'd rather stick with Barba until his confidence is back.

To what the RLW are saying, where the f**k do they think we're getting this cap space from??

Bruce123

Juniors
[/B]

No, you seriously have no f**king idea

Kiwi

First Grade
K Hunt over Barba? No thanks. I'd rather stick with Barba until his confidence is back.

To what the RLW are saying, where the f**k do they think we're getting this cap space from??

we had the cap space to offer smith 1.2 mil and no one battered an eyelid. 1.2mil plus a little extra would be enough to land Folau and K Hunt. Personally I would prefer to see us land Hunt of the two, but that's mainly because we don't need another running player, a playmaker is more important. If we sign Hunt we can nab another big front rower in maybe McKendry who the Panther seem keen to offload. McKendry bends the line, I think the stats shown by RLW showed that McKendry runs for a further 2.2m after he hits the defensive line. That's what we need. I would sign McKendry and cut Hannant lose, who is to inconsistent. I think Kennedy can and will improve, but if he doesn't we have some good young front rowers coming through who will push him out.

Last edited:

Kiwi

First Grade
[/B]

Hell no, once Barba reverts back to his roaming roll that he had at the Bulldogs when Milford arrives watch him shine. He is playing a roll he is not use to, attacking at 6 and defending at 1. Barba is far better attacking from fullback with free reign over where and when he chips in.

Tayjack

Juniors
No, you seriously have no f**king idea

I love it how you blokes keep hanging onto that 2012 form, if you think he will get back to that, think again. If you asked the players who they would want, it would be hunt, not only can he score and stop tries, he can do what barba does in his current form, but his best attribute is how tough he plays, you know what your going to get, you don't know what your going to get with barba. Clearly u have no f**king idea, that's evident though if your highest accolade is playing in some junior league in Townsville.

Latest posts