What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

Kiwi

First Grade
I love it how you blokes keep hanging onto that 2012 form, if you think he will get back to that, think again. If you asked the players who they would want, it would be hunt, not only can he score and stop tries, he can do what barba does in his current form, but his best attribute is how tough he plays, you know what your going to get, you don't know what your going to get with barba. Clearly u have no f**king idea, that's evident though if your highest accolade is playing in some junior league in Townsville.

Settle petal, if you can't debate something without going off the rails don't bother.

Barba 2012 was a great year, most definitely. Last year he wasn't as good, but last year he was still a lot better than he is now. He was playing a different roll. Think of it like this, how did Thaiday go playing front row? Not so good yeah, put him back playing where and how he belongs and look at the massive form change. Barba is not a 6, he is playing like a 6 in attack and it does not suit him. Not every fullback can make that transition, hell Slater and Hayne can't, even Inglis at 6 is less effective than he is at 1, by a long way. Barba may never recapture his 2012 form, but we will never know until he is playing in the same role that he was in 2012, at fullback in attack with free reign to roam and do as he pleases. The biggest reason we can't see Barba in full stride right now is the way he is being played, plain and simple.

When we have a decent number 6 you will see a completely different Barba. The three worst things that happened to ours and Barba's season were Hoffman at 6, Griffin putting him there and Kahu getting injured.

Last edited:

Kiwi

First Grade
These are our off contract players, who would you keep and who would you replace them with if you ditched any high profile players

Ajuma Adams
Dale Copley
Cameron Cullen
Mitchell Dodds
Jordan Drew
Jamal Fakir
Jake Granville
Jon Green
David Hala
Ben Hannant
Lachlan Maranta
Stewart Mills
Francis Molo
Kodi Nikorima
Joe Ofahengaue
Duncan Paia'Aua
Jarrod Wallace

The ones in bold I would definitely want kept. I would be happy to see Hannant go to sign McKendry. The rest I either know little about or could care less if they go.

Rocco

Juniors
Probably all the ones you've bolded except for Wallace and Granville

Paia Aua and Nikorima are the ones we have to resign ASAP

Tayjack

Juniors
Settle petal, if you can't debate something without going off the rails don't bother.

Barba 2012 was a great year, most definitely. Last year he wasn't as good, but last year he was still a lot better than he is now. He was playing a different roll. Think of it like this, how did Thaiday go playing front row? Not so good yeah, put him back playing where and how he belongs and look at the massive form change. Barba is not a 6, he is playing like a 6 in attack and it does not suit him. Not every fullback can make that transition, hell Slater and Hayne can't, even Inglis at 6 is less effective than he is at 1, by a long way. Barba may never recapture his 2012 form, but we will never know until he is playing in the same role that he was in 2012, at fullback in attack with free reign to roam and do as he pleases. The biggest reason we can't see Barba in full stride right now is the way he is being played, plain and simple.

When we have a decent number 6 you will see a completely different Barba. The three worst things that happened to ours and Barba's season were Hoffman at 6, Griffin putting him there and Kahu getting injured.

Point taken - even with the above taken into consideration - the fact still remains that hunt plays tough but also has the skills of barba, he probably don't have the pace and agility, but what is for sure is that hunt is a footballer, a pure footballer - the powers that be at the broncos are so keen to get him back due to this reason. You can't train toughness, and you can't train nature - IMO Hunt has so much over barb it aint funny, but i take your point. Pretty fair one too you make, but in know 100% that you can't teach/train what hunt brings to a football team. Cheers.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
These are our off contract players, who would you keep and who would you replace them with if you ditched any high profile players

Ajuma Adams
Dale Copley
Cameron Cullen
Mitchell Dodds
Jordan Drew
Jamal Fakir
Jake Granville
Jon Green
David Hala
Ben Hannant
Lachlan Maranta
Stewart Mills
Francis Molo
Kodi Nikorima
Joe Ofahengaue
Duncan Paia'Aua
Jarrod Wallace

The ones in bold I would definitely want kept. I would be happy to see Hannant go to sign McKendry. The rest I either know little about or could care less if they go.

Pretty much agree with your bolded. Bit of a toss of the coin between Dodds and Wallace. Dodds was starting to come good before his injury.

Kodi would probably be behind Duncan and Ashley, so we would only really need to keep him if it meant keeping Jayden as well. Unless we wanted Kodi for fullback cover too.

Boy

Juniors
Granville and Nikorima

the two we need to resign asap
do you really want to vs those 2 ??
Wallace and Hala next
then Copley

its sad to say as i love him but Hannant needs to pick up or finish his career elsewhere
i hope he picks up as i do like the polar bear and wish he could sit beside Locky and Petro as club ambassadors

but seriously granville and nikorima will be amazing players cant let that go

Kiwi

First Grade
Point taken - even with the above taken into consideration - the fact still remains that hunt plays tough but also has the skills of barba, he probably don't have the pace and agility, but what is for sure is that hunt is a footballer, a pure footballer - the powers that be at the broncos are so keen to get him back due to this reason. You can't train toughness, and you can't train nature - IMO Hunt has so much over barb it aint funny, but i take your point. Pretty fair one too you make, but in know 100% that you can't teach/train what hunt brings to a football team. Cheers.

I don't disagree on Hunts toughness. I think though comparing Hunt and Barba is like comparing apples and oranges at this point in time. Hunt offers strong front line defense, plays tough, has a kicking game both long and short, has a decent passing game. Of the two Barba has speed, the footwork, also has a decent passing game and short kicking game. I think Hunt would be far more suited to a front line play maker roll if he returns. I think K & B Hunt running our attack with Barba and Milford chiming in with their speed and footwork would be our best option by a long way.

Bruce123

Juniors
I love it how you blokes keep hanging onto that 2012 form, if you think he will get back to that, think again. If you asked the players who they would want, it would be hunt, not only can he score and stop tries, he can do what barba does in his current form, but his best attribute is how tough he plays, you know what your going to get, you don't know what your going to get with barba. Clearly u have no f**king idea, that's evident though if your highest accolade is playing in some junior league in Townsville.

Lol, do you know the players gayjack(bunniesman)? Barba will get his form back wanker, give it time plus he looks as though he still has that ankle injury

Tayjack

Juniors
Lol, do you know the players gayjack(bunniesman)? Barba will get his form back wanker, give it time plus he looks as though he still has that ankle injury

Brucey - he ain't getting that 2012 form back , it's impossible. No human can replicate something like that so he is back to the rest of the playing field. Ankle injury smankle injury.

Bruce123

Juniors
Brucey - he ain't getting that 2012 form back , it's impossible. No human can replicate something like that so he is back to the rest of the playing field. Ankle injury smankle injury.

Gay Jack - your a wanker, so please keep your bullshit comments to yourself

hellteam

First Grade
Milford playing five eight in the under 20's tonight. Will be good to see how he goes at that position

Big Pete

Referee
Just the nature of rep footy and playing behind a well beaten pack. Not the best night for Milford by any means, but still some good signs to suggest he'll be right.

While we're talking about the Broncos boys...

Greinke - Was solid enough down his edge without really standing out.

Molo - Made a difference coming on but difficult to put it down to performance or just fresh legs.

Adams - Came on when the game was all but over yet still made two errors. Both had an element of misfortune, but still, not a good night.

Ofahengaue - Solid enough when he came on without really standing out.

Dazzat

First Grade
Nope - Milford as the better defender should move to 5/8 ... or did you not see Barba's concierge service (that started as a tackle) on Matt Scott.