What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's find the fastest players in NRL or world: 100m sprint competition in off season

nrlnrl

First Grade
My picks for the NRL final 8:

Brett Morris
Josh Morris
Shaun Johnson
Mitchell Pearce
David Mead
Jarryd Hayne
Marika Koroibete
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

I'd have Akuila Uate & James Roberts in there ( probably instead of the 2 Roosters, nice to see the Forum's love affair with Pearce continue ) RTS would just win the Dancing With The Stars section, biggest problem would be finding a dance floor big enough to showcase his moves.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Fisiahi is quicker than Johnson at the Warriors. Hurrell would only be number 5, awesome acceleration over the first 20 but doesn't have the top speed. Locke and Vatuvei would be both quicker over 100m.

MacDougall

First Grade
I think we would be well represented with Koroibete, Simona, Tedesco and Corey Brown. Taupau and Brenton Lawrence would be a toss up for fastest front rower in the comp.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Justin O'Neill would have to be in there. I've seen him track down a fair few wingers and centres on the break in the past with relative ease.

macnaz

Staff member
People debate who is the fastest man in rugby league. There is only one way to prove it: have a 100m competition during the off season.

Let each club nominate their two fastest players and have a 32 man competition. 4 x 8 man heats with the top four in each heat qualifying for the semi finals. Top four in each semi final go to the final.

We could possibly make it into something bigger if we have the 14 Super League clubs, do the same thing and send their 32 fastest over, race each other into a final, and have a Super League vs NRL World champion race after the NRL final race.

That would make a day of exciting sprints --- 15 races --- that could attract a huge crowd.

Who would be the two fastest men from your club?

My guesses for some clubs:

Roosters: Tuivasa-Sheck and Pearce

Warriors: Johnson and either Fishiahi or Locke

Titans: Mead and either Gordon or Kelly

Dragons: Morris and Nightingale

Eels: Hayne and Radradra

Rabbitohs: Merritt and Inglis

Lol.. Luke Brooks > Tuivasa Sheck :)

Last edited:

BranVan3000

Coach
Some players who are quick off the mark aren't necessarily quick over 100 meters. Or at least lack the sprint training to do 100 meters

RTS seemed a bit slow over the area tonight

gypsy

Bench
☆★☆ Benji Marshall and Josh Dugan and Brett Morris ☆★☆