What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji Marshall ?

BrissyRedV

Bench
Who said he couldn't get it done? I thought the general consensus was that he was going through the red tape of releasing someone to fit Marshall in. That isn't going to happen overnight. For all we know, contracts could have been ready to sign sometime next week. Marshall is a wanker who thinks the club revolves around him, oh, and he really is not a very good player anymore either. I can't believe you all think Doust should lay down and let Benji control the situation like he was trying to.

Hells no he shouldn't just lay down and take it, but you don't go through the whole week with negotiations between player, club and NRL trying to get a deal done and throw in the towel because the player "tries" to put a dead line on it. Call his bluff, continue trying to get the deal done and if he pulls out, so be it. It will only leave him with less options. If he truly wanted to recruit him and could get the deal done, he would not just drop negotiations in this manner. He would be just trying to deflect blame for the break down as is his usual manner.

How would you react if it was an actual "marquee" player we were looking to sign and not just an average one? If it was a Cameron Smith or DCE we were negotiating with and they put a deadline on when they wanted it sorted? Would you just dump negotiations there?

roach_83

Juniors
Sorry guys, but I for one hope Doust does pull the offer. Who does Benji think he is to demand Doust and Dragons bend over for him? F*ck his deadline, he can shove it up his clacker. I can't believe how many in this place have seemed to have forgotten how bad he played last year with the Tigers....the guy is finished, has been finished for some time.

I would rather see Sharks waste $1mil cap space on him.

I'm with you fingerbang I hope doesn't come to saints I'd still like see price persist with Williams at halfback

Twenty10

Juniors
Rugby league news is the biggest fake on twitter. All lies and pulls material from everyone else. NFI.

Fingerbang

Bench
How would you react if it was an actual "marquee" player we were looking to sign and not just an average one? If it was a Cameron Smith or DCE we were negotiating with and they put a deadline on when they wanted it sorted? Would you just dump negotiations there?
Oh no....you didn't, did you? Comparing signing DCE or Cameron Smith to signing Benji Marshall? Really......:lol:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can't blame him for issuing a deadline, he wants to play footy.

Minh

First Grade
Let's face it, Marshall 4 years ago was probably close to the best player in the world, now he has a lot to prove....

BrissyRedV

Bench
Oh no....you didn't, did you? Comparing signing DCE or Cameron Smith to signing Benji Marshall? Really......:lol:

Come on, read the first part of the statement and my previous post. If he was an "actual" marquee player. There is no way I would class him as marquee in this day and age.

mighty v

Juniors

League: Marshall to make final decision tonight

The uncertainty will finally come to an end tonight, when Benji Marshall makes a decision on his rugby league future.
Both the Cronulla Sharks and St George-Illawarra Dragons will today make a final presentation to Marshall.
It has become a two legged race since talks between the Melbourne Storm and Marshall broke down due to contract length.
Marshall's agent Martin Tauber says both clubs have until seven o'clock this evening and after that a decision can be expected.

https://nz.sports.yahoo.com/league/n...ision-tonight/#

Fingerbang

Bench
Come on, read the first part of the statement and my previous post. If he was an "actual" marquee player. There is no way I would class him as marquee in this day and age.
Just messin' with ya mate.....and yes, of course the value of a certain player does make for tweaking and allowances in negotiations. That would be the same for every CEO at every club. Benji Marshall has a rep for being or thinking his sh!t don't stink. I think not pandering to his request is a good thing.

Having said that....I still don't believe we won't sign him later today. I am not planning to get my panties in a twist until the decision has been announced and confirmed. Can't believe most social media rumours these days. All I can do is hope the offer really is taken off the table, and he signs with the Sharks.

I think until there is a formal statement either from the dragons ,sharks ,Marshall ,or Marshalls management we'd should all cool our jets if the dragons have indeed pulled their offer pretty sure there would be a statement from them by now.and likewise if he's signed with the sharks I hope we get him but won't lose sleep if we don't but am a little concerned that the inability to get these deals done is becoming a little too frequent

BrissyRedV

Bench
Just messin' with ya mate.....and yes, of course the value of a certain player does make for tweaking and allowances in negotiations. That would be the same for every CEO at every club. Benji Marshall has a rep for being or thinking his sh!t don't stink. I think not pandering to his request is a good thing.

Having said that....I still don't believe we won't sign him later today. I am not planning to get my panties in a twist until the decision has been announced and confirmed. Can't believe most social media rumours these days. All I can do is hope the offer really is taken off the table, and he signs with the Sharks.

So do I. The risk involved with his ability and his media circus are not what we need. Plus, he does not play the position we are weak in. I just have a thing against Dousbt as others have a thing against Price. If the information we have been provided is false and Benji does sign today I will be just as likely to flip on my previous statements on his ability to close deals and blame Dousbt for actually completing the signing him and his baggage.

Fingerbang

Bench
So do I. The risk involved with his ability and his media circus are not what we need. Plus, he does not play the position we are weak in. I just have a thing against Dousbt as others have a thing against Price. If the information we have been provided is false and Benji does sign today I will be just as likely to flip on my previous statements on his ability to close deals and blame Dousbt for actually completing the signing him and his baggage.
Hahaha, as will more than half of the forumers....especially when Benji starts kicking out on the full again, or hitting the third row of fans with a beautiful but misdirected cutout pass to Bmoz or Nightie. Everything is lose - lose for Doust and Price these days.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Hahaha, as will more than half of the forumers....especially when Benji starts kicking out on the full again, or hitting the third row of fans with a beautiful but misdirected cutout pass to Bmoz or Nightie. Everything is lose - lose for Doust and Price these days.

Oh how I hope he signs with the Scum so we can all sit back and laugh at this

Latest posts