What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superthread LXVI: Honouring Whinging Dragons Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apey

Staff member
I'd like to shame C-Dogg DJ Promotions
My son was having an 18th birthday so we hired him to do a DJ gig for us. He arrived at the venue 1 hour late. I met him outside and he told me that he had to make a detour as his Pontiac Firebird only takes ultra premium, despite the fact I clearly saw him get off the bus.
He was wearing a toupee that kept falling off. I think it was the sort of toupee made just to cover a bald patch, but he was completely bald. It was about the size of a jewish yamaka. Throught the night he used it to wipe sweat from his face when he thought no one was looking.
He said in his ad that he had all his own DJ gear so I was surprised when he turned up carrying what looked like a plastic garbage bag attached to a stick, which he was carrying over his shoulder like a bindle. I thought he must have had other equipment already inside but when he got to the booth he opened up the bag and pulled out a small casio keyboard and a bunch of other things. When I started to enquire he told me to go away as he needed to be "gronk-free" when setting up.
Music started playing later but when I went over I saw that he had just plugged the speakers into a small camping radio and was playing whatever songs were on NXFM. He would occasionally play preset melodies or chopsticks on his keyboard, but the keyboard was only playing through it's own speakers so you could only hear it if you were right next to him. I asked him about it and he said it was "wireless sound" and then told me to go to the gym if I can't hear his beats.
Everytime NXFM went to commercials he would jump around other stations looking for another song, turning the volume up and down like he was "mixing" between them. At one point in the night every station had a news bulletin on so he had to do this for about 2 minutes while everyone at the venue just stopped and looked at him.
Throughout the night he kept making announcements that the event was sponsored by C-Dogg Productions, a subsidiary of Tha Dogg House Records. He did this several times through the birthday speeches. I told him to stop and he said to take it up with his solicitor. At this point I was too frustrated so I told him to pack up and leave. He challenged me to a freestyle rap battle and started to try and insult everyone at the party, but he just kept rhyming "C-Dogg" with "heaps good". Eventually he was asked to leave the venue by security, he told several people to come outside for a fight and said he'd be doing burnouts in the parking lot while waiting. When we left the venue an hour later he was sitting at the bus stop and when questioned he started speaking in an accent and pretending he was someone else.

Just came accross this on Clint Dogg's facebook page. Somebody posted it on a page called Newcastle name and shame. Awesome

This is worth bumping the NRL thread for imo. Will leave it to you butchy

BunniesMan

Immortal
More C-Dogg:

I've got TWO tickets to the Knights game tomorrow, who wants to go?. NONE OF YOU are coming with me, I'm going to have TWO SEATS TO MYSELF all game, might even put my feet up or stretch out a bit, Im the hardest merkin going in this town, now what merkins?. Wouldn't ya love to have the life I LEAD, do the stuff I do!. Prob done more before 11am in the morning than you will do in ya whole lives HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I do what I want, WHEN I want!. Nothing or No one holds me back this is everyday. It's allgood I can keep on doing it by myself. — feeling Winning.

This guy is a superstar.

whall15

Coach
BunniesMan Circa 2011/12 said:
I've got TWO tickets to the Souths game tomorrow, who wants to go?. NONE OF YOU are coming with me, I'm going to have TWO SEATS TO MYSELF all game, might even put my feet up or stretch out a bit, Im the hardest merkin going in this town, now what merkins?. Wouldn't ya love to have the life I LEAD, do the stuff I do!. Prob done more before 11am in the morning than you will do in ya whole lives HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I do what I want, WHEN I want!. Nothing or No one holds me back this is everyday. It's allgood I can keep on doing it by myself. — feeling Winning.

HowHigh

Coach
I'd like to shame C-Dogg DJ Promotions
My son was having an 18th birthday so we hired him to do a DJ gig for us. He arrived at the venue 1 hour late. I met him outside and he told me that he had to make a detour as his Pontiac Firebird only takes ultra premium, despite the fact I clearly saw him get off the bus.
He was wearing a toupee that kept falling off. I think it was the sort of toupee made just to cover a bald patch, but he was completely bald. It was about the size of a jewish yamaka. Throught the night he used it to wipe sweat from his face when he thought no one was looking.
He said in his ad that he had all his own DJ gear so I was surprised when he turned up carrying what looked like a plastic garbage bag attached to a stick, which he was carrying over his shoulder like a bindle. I thought he must have had other equipment already inside but when he got to the booth he opened up the bag and pulled out a small casio keyboard and a bunch of other things. When I started to enquire he told me to go away as he needed to be "gronk-free" when setting up.
Music started playing later but when I went over I saw that he had just plugged the speakers into a small camping radio and was playing whatever songs were on NXFM. He would occasionally play preset melodies or chopsticks on his keyboard, but the keyboard was only playing through it's own speakers so you could only hear it if you were right next to him. I asked him about it and he said it was "wireless sound" and then told me to go to the gym if I can't hear his beats.
Everytime NXFM went to commercials he would jump around other stations looking for another song, turning the volume up and down like he was "mixing" between them. At one point in the night every station had a news bulletin on so he had to do this for about 2 minutes while everyone at the venue just stopped and looked at him.
Throughout the night he kept making announcements that the event was sponsored by C-Dogg Productions, a subsidiary of Tha Dogg House Records. He did this several times through the birthday speeches. I told him to stop and he said to take it up with his solicitor. At this point I was too frustrated so I told him to pack up and leave. He challenged me to a freestyle rap battle and started to try and insult everyone at the party, but he just kept rhyming "C-Dogg" with "heaps good". Eventually he was asked to leave the venue by security, he told several people to come outside for a fight and said he'd be doing burnouts in the parking lot while waiting. When we left the venue an hour later he was sitting at the bus stop and when questioned he started speaking in an accent and pretending he was someone else.

Just came accross this on Clint Dogg's facebook page. Somebody posted it on a page called Newcastle name and shame. Awesome
Best thing I've heard in a while

Did the C-dawg at least reply to it?

Ok, so 'Dragons Is Their Brand' are officially f**ked. The passing of Reg Gasnier on Sunday results in this 'tribute' video by 'The Brand' today on their site.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2014/05/12/tribute_to_reg_gasnier.html

Now, lets place this in perspective. The guy was one of the original Immortal's, won 7 premierships, was an international of incredible renown, was classed by not just past but also those in the present who have seen some talent go by as one of if not the best centre to ever have played and to boot - he was a gentleman that was a statesmen off the field.

And our club comes up with 90 seconds of footage, with no words from previous players, no statement from the current board, nothing more than this footage (which, mind you, was pretty selective in what it showed) and some slightly stirring music.

The board of my club is so entirely rooted that it beggars belief if this is all they've got for someone like Reg Gasnier.

They did release this as well.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2014/05/11/vale_reg_gasnier.html

Vale Reg Gasnier

The St George Illawarra Dragons are deeply saddened at the passing of Dragons Immortal and International Reg Gasnier, on Sunday evening.

The six-time Premiership winner passed away peacefully with his family by his side after a long battle with illness, just one day short of his 75th birthday.

The 'Prince of Centres' was born and raised in the St George area and began his rugby league career with local club Renown United before beginning his career as a Dragon in 1959 where he went on to score 127 tries in 125 games during his nine-year career.

After just five first grade games Gasnier was selected to represent New South Wales, something he did on 16 occasions between 1959-67 scoring 15 tries.

National honours, including the captaincy quickly followed, with 39 games and 26 tries across the same time period before a broken leg in a European Tour match against a French Provincial Team prematurely ended his career at just 28 years of age.

In 1985, he was chosen as one of Australia?s initial four post-war ?Immortals? of Rugby League alongside Clive Churchill, John Raper and Bob Fulton. Later that year, he was inducted into the Australian Sporting Hall of Fame. In 1989, Gasnier was honoured Order of Australia (AM) and in 2002, he was inducted into the Australian Rugby League Hall of Fame.

During Australian Rugby League?s Centenary Celebrations in 2008, Gasnier was named in Australian and NSW Teams of The Century.

Gasnier is survived by his wife Maureen, son Peter and daughter in-law Angelique; daughter Kellie and son in-law Peter and Grandchildren Sheri, Jack, Bryce, Erin and Mitchell.

Funeral details are yet to be determined, the Club will provide an update once details are known.

Status
Not open for further replies.