What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Hail King Arthur

Eelementary

Post Whore
Whist I agree with most of what you have said, I don't know how you can be so happy with our defence.
We have coneded 227 points - 4th worst in the League.

Letting the Sharks score 24 against us was disgraceful. Getting pumped by the Roosters and Cowboys was even worse.
We still have a long way to go. But I'm glad it's Arthur who is leading us.

We've got a lot of improvement left.

But we've only been smashed twice - aside from those two thumpings, our defence has looked solid IMO.

Utey

Coach
I like the fact that he keeps talking about improvement, however if I was a player I might feel a bit shitty if he didn't heap praise or the like after a good win. Loving the ride this season though!

Avenger

Immortal
I like the fact that he keeps talking about improvement, however if I was a player I might feel a bit shitty if he didn't heap praise or the like after a good win. Loving the ride this season though!

Maybe so but never have I had more faith in a coach to select and retain the right players.

I like the fact that he keeps talking about improvement, however if I was a player I might feel a bit shitty if he didn't heap praise or the like after a good win.

i can imagine brad's comeback "win a premiership merkin then we'll talk" :D

jono

Juniors
He's one scary guy. Well, not scary for me, but probably pretty scary for the average Joe on the street.
I loves the close-up shot of Manu when he was decked against Cronulla....he had the filthiest look on his face and I was thinking , poor sharkie , doesn't he realise this guy's done time in the big house.....

The Colonel

Immortal

He is a very measured coach. He doesn't over react but I am certain that he would give credit where it is due.

Eels Dude

Coach
It's a breath of fresh air watching him interviewed in post game press conferences. You can tell he knows his footy and what it takes to make a successful team. So much better than Stuart blaming the refs and telling us we'd cop big losses all season, and Kearney's blank faced expression doing all the talking for him.

mickdo

Coach
I still can't believe we have the best attack in the comp this year after having the worst last year. Amazing turnaround.

natheel

Coach

He does praise them but within reason. Like yesterday he praised Pauli Pauli on triple m but also said he does need to work on some things to make him a more complete player. Which he is right. Why sugar coat it. We will just keep improving

natheel

Coach
I still can't believe we have the best attack in the comp this year after having the worst last year. Amazing turnaround.

Yep and ahead by 6 tries to the next team.

We need to run it up the middle more like yesterday and try not to spread it too early. We will get found out a little by teams like manly and Melbourne if we continue that way. We did it early v dragons and it wasn't until second half where Paulo went up the guts we knew then we could get through them and even sef Paulo was making half breaks

Eels Dude

Coach

Not only that but we only need to score another 13 tries to match our 2013 total. Last year we scored 58 total, this year we already have 45 after 10 rounds.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Theres no reason we cant take out the premiership other than if injuries hit or bad form or bad refs...

Of our current NRL squad, only eleven of them have played finals footy, and a couple of those aren't even in our top 17. Here's how recently those who have played finals footy actually played:

2013 Gower
2012 Hunt
2012 Lussick
2012 Norman
2012 Peats
2011 Hopoate
2011 Tonga
2009 Hayne
2009 Mannah
2009 Moimoi
2009 Smith

Plus Lee Mossop played ESL finals last year.

spiderdan

Bench
Our defence for the most part has been pretty good this season, especially considering where this team was last year. Take out half a game v cows and v roosters and our defence this year has been fairly good.

It's a team still learning and gaining in confidence. If Arthur's' has the team catching fire at the right time of year we will push the top teams.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What I do know is that our very own Pou did mention him somewhere

I voted for Henry but I said a rookie with a good reputation like Arthur's or Dunemann might be a better choice than an experienced coach that has been sacked (like Neil Henry and every other experienced coach that was available).

Anyway, I think we have a mid table roster (with top four potential over the next few years) and so I am very impressed that Brad Arthur's has us overachieving this year. I doubt we would be going this well under any other coach.

Brian Smith calls it 'coaching up' and I reckon very few NRL coaches can do it with any consistency.

Latest posts