What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs to Dragons ( possibly before June 30 )

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/2298352/dragons-have-learoyd-lahrs-in-their-sights/?cs=302

Another big-name Canberra Raider could sign with St George Illawarra within weeks.

The Dragons are investigating the possibility of signing prop Tom Learoyd-Lahrs before the June 30 mid-season transfer deadline.

Having struggled with injuries and for match time under new coach Ricky Stuart, it is understood Learoyd-Lahrs is resigned to leaving Canberra and has begun the hunt for a new home.

The struggling Dragons are particularly interested, desperate to bolster their under-siege forward pack immediately as a season which began so promisingly plunges into freefall.

Learoyd-Lahrs has a young family and would prefer to stay in Canberra, but the 28-year-old sees the writing on the wall after being overtaken in the Raiders pecking order by young props Shannon Boyd and Kyle O'Donnell.

The Tamworth product is one of the highest-paid players at the Raiders, and his departure would free up more money as Canberra chases the signature of off-contract Melbourne forward Kevin Proctor.

The Dragons have an extensive history of recruiting Raiders players, and former Canberra stars Josh Dugan, Joel Thompson, Sam Williams and Bronson Harrison are currently on their books.

It hasn't helped them end their long-running hoodoo against Canberra though, the Green Machine winning the last nine games between the two clubs since 2007.

A forward swap is on the cards, with Thompson likely to return to Canberra next year for family reasons, having started a three-year deal with the Dragons this season.

He is soft....enjoy Dragons!

nick87

Coach
Hahah!
They can have him.

According to 2gb, Proctor, Ennis, Tedesco and Mansaur were all in Canberra today taking the tour. Might be an interesting 2015 if the Raiders end up those four guys

maple_69

Bench
I thought Mansour already got the grand tour on Sunday. Would of thought he'd seen enough. Honestly how could a player leave the Canberra grand tour and think this club will take me somewhere. They need to sort their sh*t and join the 13 or so other teams operating in 2014.

nick87

Coach
And we seem intent on spending it in need positions
Already looking forward to 2015, our startes will actually have some reasonable talent in it

Hopefully Tedesco, Lee, Croker, Wighton, Mansaur, ???, Cornish, Vaughan, Ennis/Koroisau, Boyd, Papalii, Proctor, Fensom

5/8th is a problem but the rest of the side looks pretty decent.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Raiders are apparently chasing Rona from the Cowboys too. Would be a good pick up, but would also allow the Wighton to 6 experiment to continue.

Timbo

Staff member
Already looking forward to 2015, our startes will actually have some reasonable talent in it

Hopefully Tedesco, Lee, Croker, Wighton, Mansaur, ???, Cornish, Vaughan, Ennis/Koroisau, Boyd, Papalii, Proctor, Fensom

Wouldn't be surprised if we went after a veteran half who's on the outer, or took a risk on a younger guy. We definitely need to sign one.

natheel

Coach
Mansour and Tedesco seen at Sydney airport together coming from talks with Raiders

Its in the DT website

Big Mick

Referee

Josh Mansour

If he goes there it'll be on massive overs.

Best of luck to him...I had thought he was signed, sealed, delivered to the Bunnies. Canberra must have come in with a Hail Mary offer.

legend

Coach
Canberra won't sign any of them. Guaranteed. Their current team mates will rag on the Raiders and Stuart and they'll stay put or sign somewhere else. I wouldn't play at the Raiders under Stuart. A losing culture is very hard to fix.

ek999

First Grade

Although he can only ever be a short term solution, you need Ennis instead of Korisau IMO. There is f**k all experience in that side and he would provide really good leadership. Unless we keep him of course which I hope we do

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I always thought TLL went well, he's a massive rangy thing so hard to tackle with strong leg drive. Couple of years ago was NSW's best prop imo.

He has had his injury concerns but the Dragqueens could do worse.

Packy

Bench
Canberra won't sign any of them. Guaranteed. Their current team mates will rag on the Raiders and Stuart and they'll stay put or sign somewhere else. I wouldn't play at the Raiders under Stuart. A losing culture is very hard to fix.

m8 for an extra 100k a year I don't think these merkins will care what their mates say.

nick87

Coach
Although he can only ever be a short term solution, you need Ennis instead of Korisau IMO. There is f**k all experience in that side and he would provide really good leadership. Unless we keep him of course which I hope we do

Ennis is 100000x better than what we have here, but Im not a HUGE Ennis fan, i'd prefer Korisau from a talent POV, but i think you are right in saying the experience/leadership factor with Ennis is a big plus. He can help Stuart rebuild the club's culture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts