What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billythekid

First Grade
22k so far looks good, if they do turn up it could be a decent post-origin crowd which would be a first. Around this time, ticket prices should be reduced marginally as the quality of the game is down. Why charge full-price for a half-baked product it be a pure rip off.

So should the raiders vs the sharks cost less than seeing storm vs manly? Or should games in Sydney against the cowboys cost less because it will be a worse experience (generally smaller crowd and worse atmosphere)? What if a couple of star players get injured, should ticket prices be slashed there too the next week?

A couple of players missing doesn't all of a sudden turn the games into garbage and it's a shame fans are so fickle that they can be turned off so easily. I think it's also a strange metric to price tickets based on the quality of that specific game.

In general i think games need a lot more promotion and cheaper tickets is a good thing (especially kids tickets should be damn near free).

eozsmiles

Bench
So should the raiders vs the sharks cost less than seeing storm vs manly? Or should games in Sydney against the cowboys cost less because it will be a worse experience (generally smaller crowd and worse atmosphere)? What if a couple of star players get injured, should ticket prices be slashed there too the next week?

A couple of players missing doesn't all of a sudden turn the games into garbage and it's a shame fans are so fickle that they can be turned off so easily. I think it's also a strange metric to price tickets based on the quality of that specific game.

In general i think games need a lot more promotion and cheaper tickets is a good thing (especially kids tickets should be damn near free).

Those things are luck or unpredictable. At the start of the season we don't know who will be strong or weak as the season rolls on. But we do know for certain that under strength teams are playing in rounds 11, 14, and 17. We might see some close games but the overall standard of play will not be as good as usual. It's fair to expect the crowds to be smaller, and factoring in the possibility of bad weather this time of year doesn't help.

Taking a couple of players out of a team can ruin it's chances. Cowboys without JT and co have little chance, Tigers without Farah and Woods will struggle, Roosters and Dogs have swapped as favourites with the selection of the NSW halves.

I'm all for cheaper tickets and more promotion at this time of year. I wouldn't mind the whole origin period shortened just a bit because of these short rounds, but that's for another thread.

eozsmiles

Bench
The cowboys play 2 of the 3 origin rounds even though they were assured of having at least 3 origin reps. Their hosts during origin, the raiders and saints, could fairly expect smaller crowds those weeks. There are more entertaining options coming up.

The flip side is the warriors have zero origin players and have 2 byes during the 3 origin weeks. With a full strength squad, it could be expected that they'd pull a normal enough crowd playing at home during origin.

It's silly scheduling.

Rodney

Juniors
But if the warriors did get games with other teams depleted there'd also be outcry about why the schedule has let the only team not really affected by origin run rampant on second string squads.

Canard

Immortal
Maybe Paul Kind's brother Champ should be brought in to sell the remaining Origin tickets.

"WHAMEEEE!!!"

bobmar28

Bench
:lol: So after copping it for years for freebies, we should just copy the AFL and give away tickets?

When did you change to the Tigers anyway? Turncoat.

Just pointing out how desperate the Giants are. And giving away tickets may not be such a bad idea.

Tigers will outlast the Bulldogs.

Red Bear

Referee
What do Canberra get? Only game on a Sunday and it's in bloody Canberra.

Might see a boost to 10 000, rather than the 7500 they'd draw on a Saturday night.

It'll be interesting what happens with the Raiders. On one hand strategically very important, give a senior side for alot of quality country footballers to end up.

On the other hand, bit of a basketcase on field at present, and seemingly little ability to harness any fan support/football nous off field - financially well managed but that's about it. Which I guess is better than it could be.

pHyR3

Juniors
dogs vs roosters looks like its gonna be a MASSIVE crowd considering its an origin week.

If tigers fans lift (ill try to get there myself) and put up 15k we could be looking at an above average week (16k+) despite SOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.