What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Hayne back up

I like the idea of starting him from the bench and only using him if we need to.

We need to test ourselves without HaHa? Good, leave him on the bench and play with 16. Why do it half-arsed when we can REALLY test ourselves?

forward pass

Coach
We pay his wage - and a big one at that. He should play. My boss never gives me a rest day when I am tired !

the_apostle21

Juniors
He probably doesn't want to play wing because he's not suited there.

He's smart and has something of a kicking game. That would be wasted on the wing. Plus he's small so offers nothing to the go-forward.

Hayne was "wasted" on the wing for SOO, but you don't him complaining? I know FG and SOO are completely different, but if your trying to crack the next level, you take what you can get.

Don't get me wrong, I like the way Hunt is playing. I just don't like this attitude if it is true.

hindy111

Post Whore
Any truth that Loko might be released for Manly? I don't believe it and I think my mate was shit stirring but he said we signing some guy from there called tubsivic or some Mediterranean_Descendant name like that

Any truth that Loko might be released for Manly? I don't believe it and I think my mate was shit stirring but he said we signing some guy from there called tubsivic or some Mediterranean_Descendant name like that

If true, it would be the young prop Trbojevic, who played in the U20 State of Origin. Not a huge guy, but looks useful.

Probably not a terrible outcome, given injury risks and the balance of our squad at moment. But could be total crap.

hindy111

Post Whore
Oh sorry I was confused where I was.My mate is a bit of a stirrer so I don't believe to much he says

Agent Mulder

Bench
I remember Jason Smith played his guts out in a Soo game on Wednesday and then lead Parra to a big win over The Bears on the Friday night, Im sure as shit that Hayne will suck it up and play

Last edited:

Bow_rider

Juniors
From what I've heard, Hunt won't play Wing, it will be fullback or nothing.

This comment is so far from the truth it's not funny. I know him very well and he would put his head in the front row if it meant getting into first grade. Just wondering where these type of comments come from, because comments like these can really hurt a players reputation. This kid lives and breaths rugby league and will one day be very proud to wear an Eels jersey whatever number it has on it.

Forty20

First Grade
I know right.

Evander Cummins. Last i heard he was playing Ron Massey Cup. Forty will know.

Yep. He got a brief run in the NSW Cup while Hunt was in the final stages of recovering from his off-season groin surgery. Since Hunt's return he has dropped back to the Ron Massey Cup.

Watching him play this year you wouldn't believe that he was once a pretty fairly hyped prospect.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
This comment is so far from the truth it's not funny. I know him very well and he would put his head in the front row if it meant getting into first grade. Just wondering where these type of comments come from, because comments like these can really hurt a players reputation. This kid lives and breaths rugby league and will one day be very proud to wear an Eels jersey whatever number it has on it.

Well that's good to hear.

I heard it from a source close to the club.

If Hayne can't back up against the Panthers i hope Hunt gets the nod, he has been in good form for Wenty and deserves a shot.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
'Fullback or nothing' more likely refers to the coach's views of Hunt than the player's own opinion.

Like Bow_rider says, any player would be happy to play anywhere if it meant getting a run in first grade.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
'Fullback or nothing' more likely refers to the coach's views of Hunt than the player's own opinion.

Like Bow_rider says, any player would be happy to play anywhere if it meant getting a run in first grade.

That wasn't what i heard.

I'm with you, but i was just saying what i heard.

Eels Dude

Coach
There's nothing wrong with what you said and it wouldn't surprise me at all, he's played well at fullback for Wenty but he's small for a winger so I'd expect him to only play in the top grade at either fullback or perhaps the halves.