What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clifferd

Coach
And now watch the faiders crowd bring the average down for otherwise has been a solid round of crowds so far

Kurt Angle

First Grade
I chose campbelltown because I wanted to go with my three year old son and invalid dad, expecting a small crowd vs broncos during an origin week.

I'm from Perth, I wanted a seat. If that crowd was 16,511 then the capacity is 17,000. There was a few thousand on the concourse, fans were clinging to the base of the light towers

Last edited:

pHyR3

Juniors
I chose campbelltown because I wanted to go with my three year old son and invalid dad, expecting a small crowd vs broncos during an origin week.

I'm from Perth, I wanted a seat. If that crowd was 16,511 then the capacity is 17,000. There was a few thousand on the concourse, fans were clinging to the base of the light towers

yep there were a couple of hundred silver/gold seats empty from no shows. maybe 1000 more in the stadium. Capacity must be 18k or something...after that youd just have a couple of thousand people wandering around behind the stands drinking beers.

azsportza

Live Update Team
Same for Campbelltown and the Macarthur.

My dad a former Bulldog fan, moved out to Campbelltown and once I got a bit of sense I started following League and Wests Tigers were/are my team since I a based here.

Lots of Bulldogs supporters in Campbelltown. Hence why the last big crowd at the venue was 19K v the Bulldogs in 2011. Sadly though, ANZ is the new home of that fixture as we would more than fill Campbelltown now.

oikee

Juniors
Origin is killing our crowds. ?? No, bad marketing and advertising was killing our crowds.
Well done to all the clubs so far this weekend. And the footy itself has been as good if not the best all year so far.
As for the Titans, the support for this club is staring them right in the face. ?
Start introducing some Kiwi and Islander talent, fill the team with Kiwis and islanders, tap into the Logan to Robina/Nerang Polynesian and Maori stronghold and make the Titans a home away from home Kiwi second team. Play some games in NZ and set up a academy for islanders and Kiwis, and a school the same as Keebra do for the Tigers.
Do all this and the Titans will start living up to their name.

oikee

Juniors
QRL is killing our origin crowds as well.

I am thinking sub 50k Wednesday night.

There was less than 2 thousand tickets left. It will sellout and the third game already has over 40 thousand tickets sold.

105 thousand tickets will be gone. With Sydney hopefully selling out, the 3 games will sell 188 thousand tickets.
At premium prices, that is fantastic news. Lets not forget, the next couple of years, Queensland will only get one game.
So the price hike in tickets has been justified.

Last edited:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Nice crowds so far. The sharks can hopefully get around 12k but anything over 5k is a bonus at Canberra today, stinking form and no opposition fans to help out

Canard

Immortal
There was less than 2 thousand tickets left. It will sellout and the third game already has over 40 thousand tickets sold.

105 thousand tickets will be gone. With Sydney hopefully selling out, the 3 games will sell 188 thousand tickets.
At premium prices, that is fantastic news. Lets not forget, the next couple of years, Queensland will only get one game.

Couldn't be more unjustified.

The only reasons the last 8000 tickets have sold is due to massive discounting, which has alienated the loyal fans who paid premium prices already.

These tickets previously sold out in minutes.

DIOGENES

Juniors
The rules of supply and demand suggest that if something sells out in minutes it is underpriced. If more than, lets say 15%, is unsold it is overpriced. It seems the price of origin tickets has been set pretty close to demand.

Great crowds for pre origin good to see cambo redeemed itself but never again a 6k crowd should occur in the nrl let alone self proclaimed heartland. Too bad the proverbial crowd anchor the Raiders are going to drag the nrl down again with a sub 10k crowd.

beave

Coach
For the Canberra lads, has there been any promotional shit going on in the media this week to try and get people to the game? Discounted tix, 2 for 1?

insert.pause

First Grade
For the Canberra lads, has there been any promotional shit going on in the media this week to try and get people to the game? Discounted tix, 2 for 1?

that sounds far to proactive for furner.

It's going to make for an ugly look on fta if the crowd is as bad as expected, on a positive note Raiders probably won't be complaining about not getting fta games for a while.

BlueandGold

Juniors

Look i do not agree with you very much but on this your actually correct.

SOO made 20million just on ticket sales in 2013, 2014 will be closer to 35-40million just for ticket sales.

This can be put back into rugby league to grow the game we love at grass roots were it counts.

More money for expansion in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts