What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I really miss Vossy

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Well I did hear Vossy was going to call Warriors away games, but I thought only for NZ Audiences.

Good news for him calling this Saturday on Fox.

Another ex 9 commentator on Fox Sports.

You can have a whole team basically.

Voss, Ikin, Belcher, Matty Johns.

azsportza

Live Update Team
Vossy on the Fox Sports payrole full time according to Andrew Webster, can only be a good thing for Foxtel to help boost their numbers. People love Vossy and Vossy loves the people!

roofromoz

First Grade
More Vossy on Fox Sports can only be a good thing.

Get him onto NRL 360 to host it. And re-format it so it is effectively a return of Sunday Roast (not that shadow of its former self that is still on the Sunday Footy Show). Keep Ikin and Kent on there if it's what it takes.

Brutus

Referee
More Vossy on Fox Sports can only be a good thing.

Get him onto NRL 360 to host it. And re-format it so it is effectively a return of Sunday Roast (not that shadow of its former self that is still on the Sunday Footy Show). Keep Ikin and Kent on there if it's what it takes.

Voss Kent Ikin and a floating guest. This wo

Vossy just told me on twitter that he's only locked in to do the Souths v Warriors game on fox sports at this stage.

Hopefully this is the start of a full time gig though.

DC_fan

Coach
It's my understanding that Voss will call all Warrior games for the rest of the year regardless of where they are played.

Something about having consistency in the commentators for the Warrior fans.

flippikat

Bench
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PH_bgH_nwk

New Zealanders who have Sky Sports still get much better coverage than us Aussies all these years later. From what I've been told, they get all 8 games in the round live, including both Friday night games and the Ch9 Sunday game!

Yep, that's what happens when you have no anti-syphoning laws.

Costs about $70 per month, and Sky get us to pay for a lot of rubbish I don't watch.. but we do get EVERY NRL game live & uninterrupted by ads.

It's funny with the Channel 9 games, as we stick with the action when Australia goes to adverts the commentator used to say a greeting to the international markets that's not screened in Australia. (not sure if they do that any more)

sup42

Juniors
You know its funny, a couple of years ago people would hate watching the Warriors cause of their poor commentary. I think people complained so much that Fox used their own commentary.

With Vossy going over there he's improved the coverage of Warriors matches. People now like watching Warriors matches, although Halligan is still a bit annoying.

Now we have a mute button on Broncos matches or the 2nd Friday night game, unless you're lucky to have the fill in Queensland cup commentator, Mat Thompson I think his name is, who is better than Hadley.
Voss is doing an important job promoting the sport in NZ as well.

When the NRL arrived we had Graham Hughes and Lowe. The product was light years ahead of Union here.

Thereafter the NRL has lost ground with average commentators and below spoiling their product here.

It would be nuts to move Voss from the NZ market....he is doing more good here than he would anywhere else.

I hope he stays.

undertaker

Coach
Voss is doing an important job promoting the sport in NZ as well.

When the NRL arrived we had Graham Hughes and Lowe. The product was light years ahead of Union here.

Thereafter the NRL has lost ground with average commentators and below spoiling their product here.

It would be nuts to move Voss from the NZ market....he is doing more good here than he would anywhere else.

I hope he stays.

Yeah, I'm aware that tv ratings for RL games in NZ was huge back in the days when it was on FTA over there. I remember reading a RL article from 1991 that someone posted on here saying that Origin games used to get 1 million viewers over there.

Perth Red

Post Whore
His work during the RLWC was brilliant. He did his homework on both the teams and the host cities and was a joy to listen to. Astounding he isn't a lead commentator for nine or fox. Whose wife did he sleep with?

The Pelican

Juniors
Vossy is calling the Roosters v Knights game this week for Fox. It'll be great if he is signed up full time by Fox, he's by far the best caller in the game imo.

Bretto

Bench
Vossy is calling the Roosters v Knights game this week for Fox. It'll be great if he is signed up full time by Fox, he's by far the best caller in the game imo.

WHAT?! Are you saying we'll have to do without either Warren Smith or Brandy Alexander?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Really enjoyed his commentary of the Sth's v NZ game in Perth. Such a joy to listen to compared to the ch9 numpties.

Latest posts