What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Will Beat Penrith

hindy111

Post Whore
Well simple-You only move your home game with another team if they move there one with you.

Canberra aren't.Im not sure about tigers

hindy111

Post Whore
This forum is boring when no footy.These split rnds are a waste of time.It make comp unfair and it cost cowboys 2 points this week.And as a viewer its crap too watch We get 6 weeks of shit footy for state of origins to be on during week

Eels Dude

Coach
This forum is boring when no footy.These split rnds are a waste of time.It make comp unfair and it cost cowboys 2 points this week.And as a viewer its crap too watch We get 6 weeks of shit footy for state of origins to be on during week

Cowboys can't win away from home anyway, wouldn't have really made a difference. I'm just glad the origin period plays in our favour this year with 2 byes before Origin games and the middle game we play without Hayne we're playing the Dogs who'll possibly have 4 players out again.

T.S Quint

Coach
It's certainly not the same as identifying which games your team is more likely to win or more likely to lose, and not the same as being in the top three of your office tipping comp.

Yeah.
Being pessimistic (or in this case, more of a realist) isn't even close to deathriding.

When you're deathriding a team you are hoping for them to lose.
I don't think anyone in this forum deathrides the Eels (at least I hope not).

We need to save all our energy for deathriding the Bulldogs, Storm, Seagles and Raiders.

Suitman

Post Whore
Unfortunately playing at Parra every home game doesn't pay the bills and build the infrastructure we need to improve our players and attract new ones.

Agreed. Nor does it increase our attendance averages at a smaller than required stadium. The Tigers game proved that.
Twin wooden spoons and still able to pull over 50000 to a game.

Suity

Eels Dude

Coach
Agreed. Nor does it increase our attendance averages at a smaller than required stadium. The Tigers game proved that.
Twin wooden spoons and still able to pull over 50000 to a game.

Suity

Thing is though we drew 50 thousand to the Tigers game because we had won 3 games in a row, and 4 from 6 for the season, 3 of which were won at Parra Stadium, and since then we've won a further 2 games there. So while I see both sides of the argument our away record is still horrible, and we still have an 11 match losing streak at ANZ. So I guess the question is, do you sacrifice wins for money? The more games we win the bigger crowds we get, and the likelihood of winning more games seems to increase by the amount of games we play at Parra Stadium. It'd be great if our side knew how to win away or even at ANZ but until we do making the finals will be hard enough let alone winning a premiership down the track.

natheel

Coach
Thing is though we drew 50 thousand to the Tigers game because we had won 3 games in a row, and 4 from 6 for the season, 3 of which were won at Parra Stadium, and since then we've won a further 2 games there. So while I see both sides of the argument our away record is still horrible, and we still have an 11 match losing streak at ANZ. So I guess the question is, do you sacrifice wins for money? The more games we win the bigger crowds we get, and the likelihood of winning more games seems to increase by the amount of games we play at Parra Stadium. It'd be great if our side knew how to win away or even at ANZ but until we do making the finals will be hard enough let alone winning a premiership down the track.

with that record standing at the moment i would sacrifice the money for the short term until our clubs confidence is up with the away wins and wins at ANZ then slowly put them back at ANZ here and there. That way we can guarantee larger crowds at ANZ against the top sides like Souths and Dogs not just sides like Tigers where we think we have a better chance of seeing a win

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I also just saw on Twitter that this will be the 89th match between the Eels and Panthers but the first ever with both sides in the top four.

84 Baby

Referee
Yeah.
Being pessimistic (or in this case, more of a realist) isn't even close to deathriding.

When you're deathriding a team you are hoping for them to lose.
I don't think anyone in this forum deathrides the Eels (at least I hope not).

We need to save all our energy for deathriding the Bulldogs, Storm, Seagles and Raiders.

Yeah... thanks Pou for your no-nonsense analysis :roll:

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2014/05/27/nrl_team_list_round_12.html

Dyldam Parramatta Eels Head Coach Brad Arthur has named his side to face the Panthers in Friday night footy, including a five-man extended interchange.

Lee Mossop joins the bench at number 18, his first inclusion in the NRL team list for the 2014 season, while Willie Tonga has been omitted from the side with a rib injury.

Dyldam Parramatta Eels:

1. Jarryd Hayne (c)

2. Semi Radradra

3. Will Hopoate

4. Ryan Morgan

5. Ken Sio

6. Corey Norman

7. Chris Sandow

8. Tim Mannah (c)

9. Nathan Peats

10. Darcy Lussick

11. David Gower