What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs Rumour Mill - potential signings, releases, extensions & other news

richies

Juniors
I can't imagine Rona to be on that big money yet. Great signing if true for 3yrs on rlw website a backup 2/3 with size as Inu seems to be out of favour.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Yeah but I doubt Inu will be the one chopped - most likely Mitch Brown IMO as Inu hasn't been in the team all year (except last week to cover Morris). I believe Inu's contract is up this year anyway. Latest I've heard is Canberra, probably not now though with them signing young Jimmy.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Yeah but I doubt Inu will be the one chopped - most likely Mitch Brown IMO as Inu hasn't been in the team all year (except last week to cover Morris). I believe Inu's contract is up this year anyway. Latest I've heard is Canberra, probably not now though with them signing young Jimmy.

Can't see why Canberra would sign him. Centre's and wingers are the least of their problems. Wherever he goes, it would be for a depth signing at best given his attitude problems that seem to follow him. Either way, he is a great depth signing for most clubs.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Can't see why Canberra would sign him. Centre's and wingers are the least of their problems. Wherever he goes, it would be for a depth signing at best given his attitude problems that seem to follow him. Either way, he is a great depth signing for most clubs.

Tigers should make a play for him.

McNulty

Juniors
Has Rona been confirmed yet?

Would love us to make a play at Korobetie too. He's killing it in NSW Cup. Put on heaps of size too and kept his speed

Packy

Bench
BH8VOD0CEAAzeUP.jpg:large

Mickdog

Juniors
Heard a rumour that Rona and Mead might be mid season transfers. Would be great as they are exactly what the club needs.

I personally think web need another hard running prop. We still are getting dominated by the better teams

Dogs Of War

Coach
Heard a rumour that Rona and Mead might be mid season transfers. Would be great as they are exactly what the club needs.

I personally think web need another hard running prop. We still are getting dominated by the better teams

Another prop? I think we have that area covered honestly. If those props aren't getting it done, then their is seriously something wrong.

As for Mead, I heard he was turned down in getting a release. He would have been very good just having that pace he has. Speed is something you can't teach, and he looked good at the back when the Titans played him there.

Rona, well I don't think he will be a difference maker for us, but given we don't have depth in the outside backs, I wouldn't say no to grabbing him now.

Mickdog

Juniors
Another prop? I think we have that area covered honestly. If those props aren't getting it done, then their is seriously something wrong.

As for Mead, I heard he was turned down in getting a release. He would have been very good just having that pace he has. Speed is something you can't teach, and he looked good at the back when the Titans played him there.

Rona, well I don't think he will be a difference maker for us, but given we don't have depth in the outside backs, I wouldn't say no to grabbing him now.

The reason I think we need another prop is we are lacking a bit of go forward when playing Manly, Roosters and the Warriors. Let's be honest, if we want to be the best we need to win the forward battle against the best. An athletic prop like Fafita would have been perfect. Hopefully Lloyd Perrett comes through soon though and we don't have to enter the market.

I heard Mead will get a release if the Titans secure Hunt. That is very possible.

Rona is much better than our current wingers and most of our outside backs. He will make a huge difference

Dogs Of War

Coach
The reason I think we need another prop is we are lacking a bit of go forward when playing Manly, Roosters and the Warriors. Let's be honest, if we want to be the best we need to win the forward battle against the best. An athletic prop like Fafita would have been perfect. Hopefully Lloyd Perrett comes through soon though and we don't have to enter the market.

Manly we dominated for the first 25 mins or so. After that Manly was able to play to their strengths better than we did.

Against the Roosters our forwards went well, we just didn't have the creativity to put points on the board, and when we finally succumbed, it just blew out badly.

As for the Warriors, we won the forward battle in that game, we actually ran something like an extra 150m in that game.

I heard Mead will get a release if the Titans secure Hunt. That is very possible.

Why would the AFL release him early? Does Hunt get paid out of his contract? I will believe it when I see it.

Rona is much better than our current wingers and most of our outside backs. He will make a huge difference

Rona has played stuff all games. Teams haven't had enough time to work him out yet, but once they do it's up to Rona to take another step up. Just too early to give him those raps.

Mickdog

Juniors
Manly we dominated for the first 25 mins or so. After that Manly was able to play to their strengths better than we did.

Against the Roosters our forwards went well, we just didn't have the creativity to put points on the board, and when we finally succumbed, it just blew out badly.

As for the Warriors, we won the forward battle in that game, we actually ran something like an extra 150m in that game.

Why would the AFL release him early? Does Hunt get paid out of his contract? I will believe it when I see it.

Rona has played stuff all games. Teams haven't had enough time to work him out yet, but once they do it's up to Rona to take another step up. Just too early to give him those raps.

1. Our forwards are still lacking. We need a good mobile prop. It is standing out and made more obvious against the better teams. Hasler obviously agrees because he went after Fafita.

2. Hunt will sign with the Titans for next year if we are lucky. I never said they would release him early. That means that Mead would be allowed to look around.

3. What's raps have I given Rona? He is better than what we have. That's obvious

Dogs Of War

Coach
1. Our forwards are still lacking. We need a good mobile prop. It is standing out and made more obvious against the better teams. Hasler obviously agrees because he went after Fafita.

No club is silly enough to not look at guys like Fifta. Whether you can project that means Hasler thinks thats the sort of style of player he needs for his gameplan is another thing. You look at talented players because they are talented, and then work out how you will use them if you get them.

2. Hunt will sign with the Titans for next year if we are lucky. I never said they would release him early. That means that Mead would be allowed to look around.

So nothing that helps us now. Mead is still contracted till 2016, until they release him, it's all pie in the sky stuff, no different to all those other players like the Fish, Hoffman etc that we supposedly were chasing.

3. What's raps have I given Rona? He is better than what we have. That's obvious

You wrap him just by saying he is better than what we have. My point is that he hasn't played enough to justify that. Yes he may have a better potential that what we have currently, but that's only because we have seen what our current guys have by watching them play lots of matches. Be great to get him early just for depth sake at this point.

Packy

Bench
I'm excited by Rona if true. He's got so many attributes that we need in wingers now days.

ek999

First Grade
Happy to let him go TBH, he only ever has one good season at a club before going to shit for whatever reason. We are looking at Loko too according to SMH

Packy

Bench
I want to keep him but not at big money. He's a winger IMO and if he played there he's be in 1st grade for us.