What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos under investigation for possible salary cap irregularities

BunniesMan

Immortal
I don't care if they cop a one dollar fine or a one billion dollar fine. That doesn't change anything for me. The only thing that affects me and every other team is loss of competition points but this NRL regime don't have the guts to make a decision like that.

If there is a penalty at all it'll be just a pissweak fine.

Kiwi

First Grade
I don't care if they cop a one dollar fine or a one billion dollar fine. That doesn't change anything for me. The only thing that affects me and every other team is loss of competition points but this NRL regime don't have the guts to make a decision like that.

If there is a penalty at all it'll be just a pissweak fine.

:lol: Sour Grapes still huh.

Broncos won't lose points, just had a check not sure how reliable but the Tigers 180k fine in 2011 was for going over the cap by 370k in 2010. no points lost then.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I was going to say maybe a smaller cap for x amount of years but the Broncos essentially have unlimited tpa. Now taking that away from them now that would be a punishment.

giggity giggity

Juniors
Not really, there have even been incidents where clubs have been over the cap by 150k - 200k in a season under similar circumstances and only copped fines. Tigers a few years back were almost 200k over in one season, just copped a fine.

What a load of sh#t and you know it,there are a lot of clubs that go over the cap every year but this is because of 2nd tier players being used to cover injuries to the top players or another common reason is players playing rep footy unexpectedly and having bonuses included in their contracts.

You are a first class jibberer,but keep up the good fight,It's always good for a laugh:lol:.

Kiwi

First Grade
Not really, there have even been incidents where clubs have been over the cap by 150k - 200k in a season under similar circumstances and only copped fines. Tigers a few years back were almost 200k over in one season, just copped a fine.

What a load of sh#t and you know it,there are a lot of clubs that go over the cap every year but this is because of 2nd tier players being used to cover injuries to the top players or another common reason is players playing rep footy unexpectedly and having bonuses included in their contracts.

You are a first class jibberer,but keep up the good fight,It's always good for a laugh:lol:.

Crawl back under your rock

bileduct

Coach
Well, well... So much for the Broncos finding this on their own and then reporting it to the NRL.

insert.pause

First Grade
listening to Ikin on Sterlo it sounds like this could get ugly

What would ikin know? Ohh hes a former broncos player and works for foxsports, let's trot him out as an authority on the situation, next will be Tallis.

There is a lot of schadenfreude and wishful thinking out there at the minute and the soap opera that is rugby league laps it up. I suspect there will be some dissapointment once the NRLs finished with its window dressing.