What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Football in Pictures

Answers to mine:

1. Nayim from the halfway line! Nayim scores from halfway against Arsenal in a mid 90s Cup Winners Cup final (maybe it was Uefa Cup?) in the last minute to win the game. Seaman ponders wtf just happened and prepares himself for more of the same in 2002.

2. Sweden setting up a free kick, They cheekily roll the ball along to Tomas Brolin who scores a famous goal against Romania in the 94 world cup. Some kid tried to do this at training days later but everyone was onto it.

3. Higuita Scorpion. Again, all the soccer kids were trying this at school the next day.

4. Peter Hoare the prick

5. Eric Cantonas Kung Fu Kick in 95. Kicked the shit out of some dude in the front row. Great moment.

6. Gazza scores a great goal against scotland at Euro 96

7. The great Fab Rav

8. The legendary Ali Dia got signed by Southampton after his friend pretended to be George Weah and called the club and said Ali Dia was his cousin and that he was a great player. Turned out to not be George Weah's cousin and turned out to be the worst player ever.

9. Dennis Bergkamp scores one of the best world cup goals ever against Argentina.

10. Kluivert gets the winner.

11. Lars Ricken

12. 11 silly blondes from Romania.

how about this old classic:

0.jpg

BhAULo5CEAAL8EC.jpg

Will Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo finally step up at a WM? If either or don't have a good tournament they can't be considered amongst the greatest ever and Cristiano Ronaldo especially will probably be playing his last WM where he can have a significant impact. I think he will he's in good form this season and that should carry over to Brazil. If Messi doesn't he might be able to squeeze in another WM at a high enough level, he was still in good form this year too statistically but they do say he's burnt out and had injury concerns so he might not be 100%

Ibrahimovic is absent so he's done and well Rooney :lol:

Big Sam

First Grade
Messi has a far kinder draw than Ronaldo. Argentina won't have a hard opponent really until the quarters whereas Portugal might not make it out of the group.

WireMan

Bench

I was at that game!!

First 89 mins was rubbish.

Don't remember much after that. I thought the second goal was a replay of the first one as I'd just finished celebrating. Took me a second to realise you don't get replays when you are at the ground!!! :lol:

I finished up in a different section of the ground about 20 rows forward. God knows how I got there without breaking anything!!

Nice day out. Always felt sorry for Kaffour. Collina had to physically help him up. A few years later when Bayern beat us he celebrated like it was the best thing ever. Stopped feeling sorry for him them... :)

Big Sam

First Grade
The Best player ever didn't play in the World Cup finals...
You can't be considered the Best if you can't help your country qualify for the Finals in the first place (whether that country be NI or Wales).

Yet won more silverware than Liverpool last season...
Good for you that you count beating a Championship club in a one-off game as silverware.

Take this bullshit in to another thread FFS

Anyway, back to the thread. Favourite world cup kits!

Germany 1994
germany_team.jpg

Brazil 1994
brasil1994_world_cup.jpg

Croatia 1998
croatia-006.jpg

Mexico 1998
10-bo-trang-phuc-4.jpg

Argentina 1998
1617759_full-lnd.jpg

Argentina always have the best jersey along with Croatia IMO but I liked this version the best with the solid white under the arms. Milan's version was awesome too with the red and black.

I actually used to really love the 98 England Jersey:

article-0-000E18C600000258-215_634x421.jpg

Also I liked Germany's 1990 away jersey:

Germany040790.jpg

As a former goalkeeper gotta throw a GK jersey in too and was there ever a better one than Jorge Campos' in 1994?

Jorge-Campos1.jpg

WireMan

Bench
You can't be considered the Best if you can't help your country qualify for the Finals in the first place (whether that country be NI or Wales).

Yes you can.

It is that simple, surely even you can get it?

Good for you that you count beating a Championship club in a one-off game as silverware.

Yup, good for me I counted a bit of silverware as silverware.

Worse season since the 80's, and won more than Liverpool. :)

Latest posts