What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ek999

First Grade
poc2.jpg

Eelementary

Post Whore
James Cameron has a great mind. I don't think he'd rip something like X-Men off.

I want to thank you for this post.

Up until I read this post, I was trying to decide whether you were a troll or just an insipid, uninspired, human-like creation from the ninth dimension.

With this post, you have clarified this issue for me and put my mind at ease.

Bulldog Force

Referee
As posted above, Pocahontas.

While I can see a similarity in the storyline, I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's entirely based on that. Both of them involve outsiders coming into an already inhabited environment, but what goes on next isn't related in any way.

ek999

First Grade
I think it ripped off Ferngully more IMO, especially the scene where the giant logging machine thingo starts cutting down trees

I think it can be safely assumed that everyone (BulldogForce excluded) knows there is barely an orignal thought in that movie. It isn't even that great IMO, looks spectacular but that's about it.

elyod138

Bench
I think it ripped off Ferngully more IMO, especially the scene where the giant logging machine thingo starts cutting down trees

The style of Avatar borrowed heavily from Hayao Miyazaki's films too, particularly Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind and Princess Mononoke.

Springs

First Grade
Well either way I expected wolverine to whack on a pair of sunnies and deadpan I'll be back at some point. Jesus the scene where he first goes back in time and demands some goons clothes and keys is balls deep in terminator 2.

The whole storyline was a rip off

The comic was written in 1981. Not exactly hard to find out.

The Lone Ranger - 6/10
[REC]2 - 6.5/10
Elysium - 7/10
A Ma Soeur! - 7/10
Session 9 - 6.5/10

Danish

Referee
I think it can be safely assumed that everyone (BulldogForce excluded) knows there is barely an orignal thought in that movie. It isn't even that great IMO, looks spectacular but that's about it.

Story-wise its about as interesting as your average video game plot, but as you say visually its freaking insane.

It looks so good it actually made me think that 3D would become ubiquitous within a few years :lol:

Bulldog Force

Referee
Story-wise its about as interesting as your average video game plot, but as you say visually its freaking insane.

It looks so good it actually made me think that 3D would become ubiquitous within a few years :lol:

Within a few years? It's practically present in every childrens animated film that comes out. Toy Story started it, A Bugs Life got it trending, and Shrek really got the ball rolling. It's been one-way traffic ever since!

Frederick

Staff member
Within a few years? It's practically present in every childrens animated film that comes out. Toy Story started it, A Bugs Life got it trending, and Shrek really got the ball rolling. It's been one-way traffic ever since!

Ok, you do know the difference between 3D, and 3D animation...right?

axl rose

Bench
Beneath Hill 60 8/10

Really enjoyed this film. So much better then movie after movie of yank save the day horseshit.

Could have done without the flashbacks to before the war though. Really took you out of the intensity/claustrophobia of the tunnels.

Status
Not open for further replies.