What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
By suggestion from the Favourite Movies Endings thread, I watched The Mist.

Quite a good horror movie, and apart from the gruesome bits, it confirmed my reason for being anti-religious.

And the ending...THE f**kING ENDING.....like being kicked in the balls.

7.5/10

Letters From A Dead Man - a Russian movie about a unnamed Russian town after a nuclear war. Very dark and dense and may have lost something by using subtitles. If you want a post nuclear war movie with oomph....watch Threads.

5.5/10

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Visitor Q - a Japanese movie which regularly features in "the most disturbing movies ever" lists.

More like a black comedy, it encompasses most human behaviours, good and bad (mostly bad). They include incest, murder, bullying, prostitution, lactophilia, necrophilia, drug abuse, female ejaculation/orgasm, domestic violence and urination amongst others as practised by the most dysfunctional family on earth.

To be honest, I laughed most of the way through it.

6.5/10

Springs

First Grade
By suggestion from the Favourite Movies Endings thread, I watched The Mist.

Quite a good horror movie, and apart from the gruesome bits, it confirmed my reason for being anti-religious.

And the ending...THE f**kING ENDING.....like being kicked in the balls.

7.5/10

Letters From A Dead Man - a Russian movie about a unnamed Russian town after a nuclear war. Very dark and dense and may have lost something by using subtitles. If you want a post nuclear war movie with oomph....watch Threads.

5.5/10

You confirm your reasons for being anti-religious because of a fictional movie featuring monsters from another dimension, alright then.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
You confirm your reasons for being anti-religious because of a fictional movie featuring monsters from another dimension, alright then.

It is quite evident you have never seen the movie.

My anti-religious stance originates from my education - proof relies on observation...faith relies on heresay.

Here's my favourite quote....

"Scepticism is the highest of duties, and blind faith the one unpardonable sin.? Thomas Huxley

thorson1987

Coach
Beneath Hill 60 8/10

Really enjoyed this film. So much better then movie after movie of yank save the day horseshit.

Could have done without the flashbacks to before the war though. Really took you out of the intensity/claustrophobia of the tunnels.

Yep, awesome movie.

Same with Kokoda.

To me Aussie war films generally shit over Yank ones.

timka4

Bench
Just watched The Shining. Really good movie, Jack Nicholson would be in my top 3 favourite actors after this, original batman and one flew over cuckoos.

Not scary but really tense keeping you wanting to know what's next. 8/10

Aragorn

First Grade
Edge of Tomorrow.

Really good. Ending was a little anti-climatic but other than that, very good movie.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
the wild

take everything that made Madagascar good and make them 25% shitter and you have this movie

Aragorn

First Grade
X-Men : Days of Future Past.

A lot better then I expected as a neutralist.

Just quietly, I would have liked more body angles of Jennifer Lawrence in that tight blue outfit. hot.

8/10

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
the rocketeer, would have smashed the stuffing out of jen Connelly in the 90's, apart from that meh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts