What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noa

First Grade
Good to see in this episode, as happens in the books, Sansa starting to play the game.

Noa

First Grade
Was hard to watch as well the end of the red viper even though I knew what was coming whichever a compliment to the actor who portrayed him brilliantly.

In the Book I was like, whatever.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Ayra laughing was priceless, the look on the guards face after she started laughing was WTF lol.

And agree Sansa with the dark hair looks rather appealing, Littlefinger became Bigfinger very quickly.

Chook

First Grade
I can't believe non of you picked up the spoiler from Lord Baylish as he was talking to Sansa about how people die "in all sorts of ways...".

Chook.

Springs

First Grade
No spoilers I promise:

Part of the book 4 "sucking", is that it focuses on characters that are not widely liked, and is very much about setting up the story of the favoured protagonists. It is almost like most of Robb's season 3 TV story. Boringly necessary.

Book 5 sucked too. He could cut out half of book 4 without changing the 'necessity' of it.

Springs

First Grade
Really? Tyrion's fate was about to be decided and this was (supposed to be) his emotional reflection on that. I'd say they were on par but obviously it was less 'epic' because it was private rather than public.

It ended up going nowhere and was dragged out way too long for me. I felt like it didn't serve a purpose at all (or rather didn't successfully achieve its purpose) and if it had been say Daenarys making that speech, people would have fallen asleep.

I thought the purpose was the metaphor to gods killing men like Orson killed the beetles. Well that's what I took from it. Took forever though.

How's the battle going to go? It seemed that from what Jon was saying, Mance and Tormund would get there at the same time. In the book Ygritte was to ambush Castle Black and take out the men so Mance could get through easily.
Tormund sure must be taking his time, especially when Ramsay went to Moat Cailin and then to Winterfell in this episode.

Shorty

Staff member
I can't believe non of you picked up the spoiler from Lord Baylish as he was talking to Sansa about how people die "in all sorts of ways...".

Chook.

What about Tyrion and Jaime's little chat about words for certain acts;-)

Someone

Bench
alot of people found tyrions speech meaningless, not sure why.

He used to sit and watch this giant simpleton smash bugs to nothing and wonder why, unknowingly to him that a simple giant would smash his champions head like a bug.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Was hard to watch as well the end of the red viper even though I knew what was coming whichever a compliment to the actor who portrayed him brilliantly.

In the Book I was like, whatever.

I saw an interview with him, and was surprised he had an American accent.
Apparently he's originally from Chile, so maybe thats the inspiration for the accent in the show

Did the mountain succumb to his wounds or is he still kicking around in the books?

If they both die, perhaps Tyrion gets to live :sarcasm:

Parra Pride

Coach
I'm 100% confident that this series will turn to shit after all the good characters are killed off, and we are left with a couple of boring nobodies fighting over the iron throne.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Awesome pic.
Oberyn and Cersei seem a little cosy together
lena-headey-and-pedro-pascal.jpg

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm 100% confident that this series will turn to shit after all the good characters are killed off, and we are left with a couple of boring nobodies fighting over the iron throne.

If only there were some kind of blueprint that the show could follow. One that assured that there were always good characters left.

Somebody should write a book or something, just so they know which direction to head in.

Parra Pride

Coach
If only there were some kind of blueprint that the show could follow. One that assured that there were always good characters left.

Somebody should write a book or something, just so they know which direction to head in.

I used the word "series" for a reason. Mr. Martin has a hard on for killing off his good characters, it's only a matter of time before Tyrion gets eaten by a dragon or some shit.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I used the word "series" for a reason. Mr. Martin has a hard on for killing off his good characters, it's only a matter of time before Tyrion gets eaten by a dragon or some shit.

That's a bit harsh. I would argue that currently there are several good characters still alive and kicking. Arya Stark, Petyr Baelish, Tyrion Lannister, Jaime Lannister, Jon Snow, Young Griff, and my boy, Stannis to name a few

Parra Pride

Coach
I actually take back all the good characters dying, Baelish will win when everyone is too stupid to realise they shouldn't trust him. :crazy: Apart from him though, all the others are goners.

t-ba

Post Whore
Brunette Sansa = Hot.

Arya = Hilarious

Dornish pansies = dead.

Sir Friendzone Mormont = LoL

Tywin = f**k I hate him, but god it must suck seeing every evil plan getting buttf**ked at the last hurdle. This man is so close to getting all he wants but everyone inadvertently conspires against him.

Last edited:

Noa

First Grade
Wonder what they'll come up with next couple of episodes to shock the noobs ;/

Noa

First Grade
I thought the purpose was the metaphor to gods killing men like Orson killed the beetles. Well that's what I took from it. Took forever though.

How's the battle going to go? It seemed that from what Jon was saying, Mance and Tormund would get there at the same time. In the book Ygritte was to ambush Castle Black and take out the men so Mance could get through easily.
Tormund sure must be taking his time, especially when Ramsay went to Moat Cailin and then to Winterfell in this episode.

The storyline in the books aren't done chronologically but concurrently so don't know why we'd expect the series to be any different.

Otherwise how would we expect my main man Stannis to be in Braavos in ep 7 then a couple of episodes later sho.....

Status
Not open for further replies.