What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and General Drivel XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Has knees like my grandfather .

Yeah:

Canberra Raiders hooker Matt McIlwrick concedes he will be on a modified training program for the rest of his career as he manages a chronic knee injury.
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...-battles-for-hooking-role-20131119-2xtjg.html

Has managed two appearances this year - in round 3 he played 53 minutes off the bench at lock, and in round 10 he played 22 minutes off the bench at hooker.

Seems like mostly just a tackling machine. Like a young Matt Keating only bigger and slower.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Machine?

Less than 80 minutes for a season makes him a tackling machine?

Glad he's not an impact player

It's the 47 tackles he made in those 75 minutes that makes him a tackling machine. I'm sure he makes a lot of tackles for Mount Pritchard too.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-parramatta-eels/story-fni3ga7r-1226941883290

Semi Radradra agrees to four-year deal with Parramatta Eels

Phil Rothfield
The Daily Telegraph
June 03, 2014 8:00PM

THREE years ago he signed at the Parramatta Eels for $10,000 a year plus match payments.

On Tuesday barnstorming winger and budding superstar Semi Radradra cemented his NRL future by signing a four-year, $1 million deal.

Not bad for a 21-year-old who was earning just $300 a month in gold mines in Fiji before the phone call came from the Parramatta Eels in 2011.

The NRL cult hero and the premiership’s leading try-scorer has locked himself in at Parramatta until 2018. He will use the contract money to buy his family, who live in an impoverished village, a new home in Fiji.

The shy and quietly spoken winger, nicknamed Semi Trailer, knocked back offers from several rival clubs and a Super 15 rugby franchise to stick by the Eels.

He has averaged 120m a game this year and made an incredible 50 tackle busts, using his scorching pace and thunder thighs to destroy rival defenders.

“I’m so happy (with the new deal),” he told The Daily Telegraph.

”There were three offers but I told my manager I want to stay.

“This is the club that brought me from where I’m from to where I’m at today.

“I like the players, I like the culture and I like the bonding.”

And in a chilling warning to rival clubs and wing opponents, Radradra said he had nowhere near reached his potential.

“I didn’t know anything about rugby league when I first came here,” he said.

“I’m still young and learning and looking to improve my game all the time. That’s the goal.”

The signing is one of Parramatta’s most important in recent years, certainly as significant as Will Hopoate’s and Jarryd Hayne’s last deals.

In recent years the club has lost many of its talented youngsters to rival clubs, including wingers Daniel Tupou to the Roosters and Jorge Taufua to Manly.

Before that it was big T Rex, Tony Williams, to the Sea Eagles.

“It’s a very significant signing for the club,” Eels CEO Scott Seward said. ”Semi brings people to the football and puts bums on seats. And that roar when he touches the football. It’s special.

“We were determined to keep him at Parramatta.

“Gone are the days when we develop young players for other clubs to come and take from us.

“Our members and supporters are going to be really happy with the news that he’s staying.”

Coach Brad Arthur too was delighted that his left-wing destroyer had committed long term to the club.

“Semi’s an exciting player who is a definite crowd-pleaser and has great finishing abilities,” Arthur said.

“He’s been working hard to adjust to rugby league since signing with us and he’s a valuable part of the side.”

Last edited:

oldmancraigy

Coach
250k per season? that is literally the average wage of a first grader based on the current cap
See guys getting more purely for 'potential'
Personally I think its a steal.

I agree.

It's wonderful value - papers always tend to round up if it is close, so chances are that he is being paid $900k over 4 seasons. It's a heckuva good wage for a massive unit who can finish, has great pace and is tall.
He's still learning the game, needs to improve under the high ball, and in rucking it out after a kick - potential for him to be the best winger in the game!

IFR33K

Coach
I agree.

It's wonderful value - papers always tend to round up if it is close, so chances are that he is being paid $900k over 4 seasons. It's a heckuva good wage for a massive unit who can finish, has great pace and is tall.
He's still learning the game, needs to improve under the high ball, and in rucking it out after a kick - potential for him to be the best winger in the game!

Agreed. We got him for a bargain IMO.

Isn't Uate on 500k per year or there abouts?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Could be wrong but I read some where that he ended up on about $170K a year

Status
Not open for further replies.