What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2014

Parraren

Bench
Scottmissed a million tackles that lead to linebreaks, he won't sure up shit

Agree100%.

What's with the Scott love fest? Was it coz he spewed after the game?

I thought he was one of our worst defenders.

Was terrible defensively last time we picked him too but that was in the centres from memory.

nick87

Coach
Playing Scott at centre is a direct route to 1-1 and heading to QLD for a decider
Daley should be sacked on the spot if he goes with this

Rod

Bench
Scott missed a couple of early tackles but was bloody good from then on, made several crucial tackles including a couple of try-savers.

Don't play him at centre though.

nick87

Coach
Yeah, i've cooled down on Scott's performance... he missed some really crucial tackles early and cost the team but he was pretty good in the final 20 minutes, made some key tackles to make up for it

id like to see him dropped because there is better players ahead of him imo, but if he retains his spot as a backrower, fine.

Not as a centre, picking him as a centre is putting him in a position where he will likely fail. If he is picked there and he does fail, all criticism should be sent the coaches way, not his. He is being played out of position and doing his best, the fact he's placed in a position he cant succeed is on the coach, not the player if selected at centre

chrisD

Coach
I would agree so much with that but i reckon its time we test hayne in the halves

Eels tried it, and gave it a decent crack too, all it achieved was to push him closer to the ruck and mainly limited him to a single side. Which is exactly what you'd expect it to do when you think about it.

Jason Maher

Immortal
1. Hayne
2. Tupou
3. Jennings
4. Walker
5. Hopoate
6. Reynolds
7. Hodkinson
13. Bird
12. Scott
11. Hoffman
10. Tamou
9. Farah
8. Gallen (c)

14. Lewis
15. Watmough
16. Merrin
17. Woods

Can't see them making any changes not forced by injury, aside from Bird returning for one of Scott, Hoffman, or She-Rex. I'd dump the latter. Walker and Hopoate is a 50/50 toss-up who plays wing and and who plays centre.

I could also see them picking Dugan at centre, or Dugan or Stewart at fullback with Hayne shifting to centre. I hope none of those happen. Others to consider are Mansour, Taufua, Wighton, Linnett, the two Gordons, Mead, McManus, Richards, Uate, and Wright (I think that about covers all outside backs who could conceivably be picked).

BranVan3000

Coach
4. Walker
5. Dugan

Could be a really lethal attacking partnership

Inglis is out, Boyd will play fullback. And they'd be up against who? Chambers and Gagai perhaps

In addition to being a game up over an injury ravaged Queensland, you couldn't ever, ever find a more ideal game in which to debut a younger player.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I see two crucial decisions they have to get right:

1) Hayne stays at fullback;

2) Scott doesn't get picked as a defensive centre.

The choice of which two outside backs we take a punt on is far less important than these two things.

1. Hayne
2. Tupou
3. Jennings
4. Walker
5. Hopoate
6. Reynolds
7. Hodkinson
13. Bird
12. Scott
11. Hoffman
10. Tamou
9. Farah
8. Gallen (c)

14. Lewis
15. Watmough
16. Merrin
17. Woods

Can't see them making any changes not forced by injury, aside from Bird returning for one of Scott, Hoffman, or She-Rex. I'd dump the latter. Walker and Hopoate is a 50/50 toss-up who plays wing and and who plays centre.

I could also see them picking Dugan at centre, or Dugan or Stewart at fullback with Hayne shifting to centre. I hope none of those happen. Others to consider are Mansour, Taufua, Wighton, Linnett, the two Gordons, Mead, McManus, Richards, Uate, and Wright (I think that about covers all outside backs who could conceivably be picked).

Williams for Hoffman and we have basically the same team.

Liddell

Juniors
Inglis out, no need for a "defensive" center.

4. Walker
5. Hoppa

Long term rep players, might as well pick them now.

TheManBearPig

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. Tupou
3. Jennings
4. Dugan
5. Hoppa
6. Reynolds
7. Hodkinson
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Tamou
11. Bird
12. Hoffman
13. Gallen

14. Fifita
15. Lewis
16. Merrin
17. Watmough

Beau Scott alone nearly cost NSW the game with his pathetic defense in the first half and his two misses on GI in the second half almost proved costly.

no name

Coach
I'm not sold on Dugan at centre just yet.
There is a big step up from playing the last placed under strength Sharks to playing 8 series in a row QLD.

I was thinking Walker is too young, but his performance tonight swayed me and I think he should get the nod, Hoppa on the wing.

With Bird coming back, I would drop Hoffman. Bird on the left edge, Lewis on the right with Scott on the bench.

goodplayer

Juniors
I'm going to drop the name, and see what happens: Brett Stewart.
i mentioned brett already
1. Hayne
2. Dugan
3. Stewart
4. Gordon
5. Moylan

Great backline bring on 10 in a row!
and hoppa

Is Idris injured or something?
idris injured in the head at the moment ok

I would agree so much with that but i reckon its time we test hayne in the halves, before you say that would be stupid but i am basing this opinion after lockyer came into mind. Correct me if am wrong but wasn't darren lockyer also the best fb during his times but was later moved onto the 5/8 in 2004 because of his play-making skills so he can gte more opportunities with the ball in the hand and that turned out be an excellent result as he continued rest of his career at 5/8 mainly getting all his reputation from 5/8. If lockyer can succesfully convert from an fb to 5/8 then hayne would have no problem switching and i reckon that is the position where he could advance his career not only for parra but for nsw
not in origin yet
A right hand side of Scott, Hoppa and McManus to keep sure up that side of the field I think will do it.

Cronk out, DCE with threadbare knee ligaments after Kasiano's hit means NSW will go for 12-16 points and lock QLD out.

All QLD have left is Thurston magic and Inglis beasting.
inglis injured aswell

4. Walker
5. Dugan

Could be a really lethal attacking partnership

Inglis is out, Boyd will play fullback. And they'd be up against who? Chambers and Gagai perhaps

In addition to being a game up over an injury ravaged Queensland, you couldn't ever, ever find a more ideal game in which to debut a younger player.
get real you toadie :p

Vic Mackey

Referee
Inglis out, no need for a "defensive" center.

4. Walker
5. Hoppa

Long term rep players, might as well pick them now.

Agree 100%

Walkers the form attacking center of the comp, my concern with him was that he would be too small to contain inglis. If inglis isn't there throw him in and watch him go.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Agree that Walker should be in there. He's brilliant.

And now he won't be marking GI I'd put him in there for sure.

nick87

Coach
Agreed, the injury to Inglis changes things considerably, if Inglis plays there is a good chance it will be at fullback in place of Slater who appears long odds, and even if he does play and plays centre, he probably wont be 100%

Walker's the pick for me.
The guy's a gun.

Latest posts