What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's your bandwagon team?

coolumsharkie

Referee
Mine is you guys. Got quite a few friends that go for Parra and most of them were BWing the Sharkies last year. This year I can return the favour. Also, Hayne is one of my fav players, good luck for the rest of the year.

Whats the go with your number 9's? Will IDG play a bench role like he did at Cronulla? Who gives up their spot if you do?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Peats is out for the season which is why we got De Gois, but I would think he will have a run with Wenty first as Kelly did OK on Friday night. I would say he is a depth signing who will have a earn a shot at the NRL.

My bandwagon team will be Brazil in the WC.

Probably Penrith in the NRL, as they are our neighbours.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The Eels are my bandwagon team. I haven't supported them since mid-2010 but I'm back on them for the time being.

barney gumble

Juniors
Not sure how Eels fans can be labelled 'Bandwagoners', despite some diabolical recent seasons we were still right up there when it comes to crowd numbers, memberships, TV audiences ect.

As for De Gois, strange signing in my opinion, not a bad one, just a strange one. Kelly and Pritchard seem ready made replacements for Peats. This must leave Kelly, in particular, in the wilderness with the form of our halves and this mid season signing of De Gois.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Kelly's not a hooker. His dummy half work is ok but he was very out of place defending in the middle.

Pritchard and De Gois at least have some whack in their defence.

Sphagnum

Coach
Parra. I jumped on the bandwagon in 2010 when DA got the ass and it's been plain sailing ever since. Lots of good times.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
49ers and patriots ( I love Brady just as much asHayne)Germany in World Cup , and spurs in nba

In league panthers

jason taylor

Bench
Sharks and the Warriors are my bandwagon teams.

To answer your question, De Gois will probably start for us, since with Peats out injured for the season we have no recognised first grade standard hooker. Luke Kelly, who played on Friday is a makeshift 9 and our only other backup, Kaysa Pritchard seems to always be out injured. So De Gois should be a smart signing for us, even though he has been mediocre for the last couple of seasons, still infinitely better than Matt Keating.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Has De Gois really been mediocre? He has played finals footy for three straight years and might play again this year. In fact, the only years he has missed the finals since becoming a regular first grader were '07 and '10.

He's played a lot more finals footy than most of our merkins.

Latest posts