What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Gallen a future Immortal?

Eddie.

Bench
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/mon...th-buzz-from-9am/story-e6frf3ou-1226947573151

Bob Fulton

"We talk about Darren Lockyer, Greg Inglis, Cameron Smith, Johnathan Thurston and Billy Slater as future Immortals, which is fair enough too,” Fulton said.

“It’s just that I’d include Paul Gallen in that company too. He’s the best NSW Origin forward I’ve seen.

“He’s played magnificently for Australia over a long period of time in the back-row and front-row. He can play 80 minutes.

“All the players want to play with him. He’s the man you’d want to go to war with.”

-------------------------

Of course Buzz Rothfield this his main article and blog for tomorrow. Lavishing praise on Gallen. After last week making some nothing/soft hit by Pappali on Gallen has his main talking point after an epic origin.

Gallen has been a pretty good player, a great warrior in many respects. However he has lost about 7 origin series and won about 2 finals games in career spanning a decade. He has lost a lot of big games. Obviously this wasn't his fault, however you look for the big moments in his career and they are hard to find?

Im actually a fan of Gallen and think he deserves to win a series. However the love in from his mate Buzz and Fulton is cringe worthy. I think he would be embarrassed by the way Rothfield carries on about how great he is. Future immortal? Please

Last edited:

Surrogate

Juniors
Paul Gallen will end like Kurt Gidley - overhyped and will fall away at the back end of his career.

Cena

Juniors
No f**ken way. Most over-rated player in the nrl.

While we on the subject Fulton shouldn't be an immortal it's a joke that he is there are 100 of players that deserve to be a immortal before him

Eddie.

Bench
Its interesting watching Cam Smith without his 2 mates Cronk and Slater the past few weeks. Storm look horrendous. Smith has had a great career and won everything however he has had great players around him the whole time. Slater at his peak and Lockyer I would have well above Smith. However again he has won everything, and as captain alot, so I understand how things work.

redvscotty

First Grade
Lockyer and Thurston fair enough.

Cam Smith will probably get included too but shouldn't be because he's a merkin and I for one still don't think he can be fully cleared from a few years ago. The taint is strong with this one.

Gallen? Ha, no.

Meth

Staff member
I'd say Lockyer and Smith.

Wouldn't rush to Thurston and Inglis.

And certainly not Gallen.

POPEYE

Coach
Fulton inferring Gallen should be immortal 'just like I am' can't be anything more than saying 'remember me, I'm one of the blokes a magazine invented to sell copies in the future'.

Gallen would be embarrassed to stand like a shag on a rock while hundreds of equally talented players wallowed in the media mire

oikee

Juniors
Fulton be wanting to give him a "Queen's order" next.
Lets just knight him and be done with it. A mate of joey.
Joey has just told the government to release funds to fix up Brooky. ??
Next he be wanting a house on the harbour,.

Meth

Staff member
Fulton inferring Gallen should be immortal 'just like I am' can't be anything more than saying 'remember me, I'm one of the blokes a magazine invented to sell copies in the future'.

Gallen would be embarrassed to stand like a shag on a rock while hundreds of equally talented players wallowed in the media mire

I think it's just as much about NSW wanting to make the most of a long time with nothing to celebrate. They may very well win this series, and the sense of relief will be enormous.

RufusRex

Post Whore
its sad that an immortal is being cheapened like this .. call me old fashioned but an immortal of the game should be an ornament both on and off the park. You can be a great player, be entered into the hall of fame and what have you but immoral is something more ...

it is good that the stitch ripping racist has cleaned up his act and he is a fantastic player but immortal - pass.