What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E3 2014

Wato

Juniors
Reading through the conference now and found it very underwhelming. Keen for a new tomb raider and can't wait for the witcher 3 but there both multi platform, Halo collection may convince me to get an xbox on but it's up against destiny. Microsoft have failed to change the momentum imo and will be relying on sony stuffing up.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Really interested in hearing accounts of Project Morpheus, how they deal with the latency and such. I have a feeling it's gonna be cool, but Oculus has that Facebook money now, so it's a more even playing field.

If Sony fully backs it with their new stuff, and it's not a shitty gimmick like Move was, that is a system seller for me. But them devoting a 12 second announcement to it doesn't exactly fill me with hope.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I preferred the Sony presentation over the Microsoft one. My general complaint is the limited in game footage they provided. Nearly everything was cinematic

Wato

Juniors
Yea I feel similar thou they showed some really exciting games and looking forward to seeing some gameplay over the next few days. I expect Bungie will put out a demo and am so keen for the beta starting this week.

Parra Pride

Coach
Nintendo wins again!

jxH1Igz.png

Zelda looking amazing.

afinalsin666

First Grade
And there is the killer app. Wouldn't have picked the Wii U being my first buy three years ago. Damn son. Legit open world Zelda. f**k, so god damn keen on that.

Parra Pride

Coach
Now we just have to sit and wait very, very impatiently and wait for an exact release date rather than "2015". Then when we have that, we wait even more impatiently for the actual release. :crazy:

afinalsin666

First Grade
Yep. It's not like we haven't done it before though.

Now i know i'm getting one, i really want a Pokesnap remake announced.

Parra Pride

Coach
A new Pokesnap would be amazing, along with Stadium 1+2 it's the only spinoff I sunk a considerable amount of time into.

And speaking of Pokemon, Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire trailer:

[youtube]2Ma2CBnBlXs[/youtube]

Also Miyamoto showed up at the end of their event, and was playing some game that was out of focus and hard to tell what it was, there's really only one flying game that comes to mind on a Nintendo console though......

Last edited:

afinalsin666

First Grade
http://i.imgur.com/xC6ulwB.jpg

Good God. You can clearly see a wooden fort of some kind, a city or castle even further back, and detail quite far away. This draw distance, if that was in game, is very freaking impressive.

Can't get over how gorgeous this looks. Haven't been this hyped over a single image since this: http://i.imgur.com/SlN83AY.jpg

That ended up being my favorite game, so here's hoping.

Springs

First Grade
I can't afford all these great game announcements. Nintendo in particular is going to bankrupt me.

Frederick

Staff member
It's videos like this that are the reason I love Nintendo

[youtube]fXH5RGagz0k[/youtube]

They're just plain fun

Iafeta

Referee

I thought they did. Little things in Forza for example which fans had been calling off like weather impacts seemed to have been added now.

All in all, I thought E3 was excellent - top to bottom, across pretty much every platform. There seemed to be a clear step up, I think the game designers are learning how to unleash next gen power and taking advantage of it.

Latest posts