What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well done NSW

Big Pete

Referee
8 long years of starring down the barrel of defeat and so far this series everytime there has been a contest, NSW have risen to the occasion.

There were two opportunities where if this was the NSW team of the past 8 years, Queensland would have scored no problem. The first being DCE where a desperate Reynolds had the presence of mind to get boot to ball. The second of course being Hayne's strip of the ball on Thaiday over the line. Big plays and the difference between both teams on the occasion.

You've waited 8 years, enjoy the spoils.

firechild

First Grade
Well said Pete. I found the final siren to be more of a sense of relief than celebration. 8 long years and it's finally all over.

Generalzod

Immortal
8 long years of starring down the barrel of defeat and so far this series everytime there has been a contest, NSW have risen to the occasion.

There were two opportunities where if this was the NSW team of the past 8 years, Queensland would have scored no problem. The first being DCE where a desperate Reynolds had the presence of mind to get boot to ball. The second of course being Hayne's strip of the ball on Thaiday over the line. Big plays and the difference between both teams on the occasion.

You've waited 8 years, enjoy the spoils.

The only thing missing in that arena was the swords and shields that was a gruesome game.

some11

Referee
I am actually happy for them, now Origin goes to new territory next year.

Expect some more from NSW now that they know how to win.

Big Pete

Referee
The only thing missing in that arena was the swords and shields that was a gruesome game.

I've been a bit dissapointed to see people write the game off. Both teams gave it their all and even in defeat I'm proud of the Maroons.

Haffa

Kudos, Pete. Was a tough game. I certainly felt more relieved that it was over.

First thing that sprung to my mind was gibbo after the '81 GF "Ding dong the witch is dead"

souths_pride

Juniors
The quality of football was horrendous! I felt like I was watching a bad club game! But congrats to NSW..while they didnt create anything all game..QLD didnt do enough to win it!

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Bitterness aside, NSW winning was probably good timing. Origin is flying at incredible heights and restoring the rivalry on equal terms will maintain that momentum into the future. It's time for the next generation of QLD to make their mark.

Milford, McG, Copley and Hunt should all debut next year. Slater, Tate and Thurston seriously need to consider their rep future.

gUt

Coach
Congrats Blues, deserved winners and we are all set to go again next year. Can't wait.

Shorty

Staff member
I am actually happy for them, now Origin goes to new territory next year.

Expect some more from NSW now that they know how to win.

Well I wouldn't go that far...but Hayne in tears was a bit touching.
Yes next year should be interesting because Queensland is ageing so hopefully game 3 has some blooding.

Well done to the decent fans.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Bitterness aside, NSW winning was probably good timing. Origin is flying at incredible heights and restoring the rivalry on equal terms will maintain that momentum into the future. It's time for the next generation of QLD to make their mark.

Milford, McG, Copley and Hunt should all debut next year. Slater, Tate and Thurston seriously need to consider their rep future.
BqEAtSg.gif

Hutty1986

Immortal
Good on ya Pete. Same to Grimesy, Shorty, Gut, and any other genuine Qld fans on here.
Congratulations on a truly magnificent streak that will most likely never be broken. What an incredible side this Maroons team is.

9 long years us Blues fans have waited for this, 7 of which I've been with my proudly-Maroon missus! So pumped right now, work will be a struggle tomorrow!

Last edited:

Latest posts