What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD16: Parramata Eels Vs Newcastle Pirtek Stadium 3pm 29/6/14

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I've never read so much bullshit about some supposed academy and f**king SK in my life.

Fact 1 there is no f**king academy

Fact 2 SK is f**ked

Fact 3 Poupou doesn't actually believe the crap he writes.

Nolan and Kearney discussing the establishment of an Academy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 2

phantom eel

First Grade
I've never read so much bullshit about some supposed academy and f**king SK in my life.

Fact 2 SK is f**ked

I think you've skewered about three years worth of PouPou Escobar's forum posts in one there ME.

If he didn't post his second rate conjecture about LBAs, there'd be nothing of any worth to speak of.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Dear Poo.
I remain unconvinced by your positivity re Me Kearney however I do concede his focus on establishing junior pathways was a very positive action along with his recruitment of Nolan. That said there is also a school of thought that Nolan was much of our salary cap problem.

I have indeed heard that, however where is the proof that we had a salary cap problem?

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure we did have a salary cap problem at one point, and the evidence was the players we lost without replacing them at the end of 2010. But since then we have been able to replace players every year, even if they did require overs to come here.

All that said.
Id be interested in hearing your thoughts on the tenure and ability of one Ricky Stuart.
Do you beleive he earned his $800k salary while at Parramatta?
Does anybody in rugby league genuinely earn those stupid salaries?

Do you believe he is currently a good coach not just someone who won a premership in the past?
I believe he is a coach with strengths and weaknesses, like all coaches. I also believe that, at least prior to this year, he had managed to maintain his reputation amongst a large section of the rugby league community. He has had past success and recent failure, and I'm interested to see how he goes in the coming years. I don't think coaching the Raiders is an easy job (neither is coaching the Eels) whereas coaching the Roosters is the easiest job in the NRL.

But really, I don't pretend to know how good a coach is at 'coaching' when I am not privy to what goes on inside a club. I think wins and losses are a poor indicator of a coach's ability, at least in the short term (less than three or four years). Look at Bennett's record with the Knights.

Do you believe he will move the Raiders forward to become a premership force?
To be honest mate, how would any of us know? We'd just be guessing.

But I reckon Canberra has some serious disadvantages as a club, and I worry about their long term viability.

You seem to always be able to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.
My mind remains open as much as I despise the tiny t*urd.
I would honestly appreciate your thoughts.
Cheers mate. It's always nice to be able to have an adult conversation around here.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I think you've skewered about three years worth of PouPou Escobar's forum posts in one there ME.

If he didn't post his second rate conjecture about LBAs, there'd be nothing of any worth to speak of.

You only read them when you have "logged out" though don't you?

Mr Pmatta

Juniors

Fact 2 SK is f**ked

So why do so many people respond to this guy (Pou) ? Loves the sound of his own voice.

oldmancraigy

Coach
It looks as though the academy concept is paying off. Lots of talent coming through.

Thank goodness Anderson established a system of junior retention back in 2010 which has seen so much of the great young talent we had back then still with our club today.

He must be good at it, despite what merkins like Pou say, because he has been given a job to do just that!! Anderson is really saving the mess that this club was put in.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Thank goodness Anderson established a system of junior retention back in 2010 which has seen so much of the great young talent we had back then still with our club today.

Whom did he retain? I mean besides Daniel Mortimer.

He must be good at it, despite what merkins like Pou say, because he has been given a job to do just that!! Anderson is really saving the mess that this club was put in.

He books the f**ken pool and shit like that. He's got nothing to do with junior retention. That's the head coach's responsibility.

Delboy

First Grade

OMC, that's not the view of the development staff, but then again you may be speaking to different people than I do.

DA was a little out of touch in recruitment, his job now is admin and assisting in cap management, BA and Scott Seward work together on signings, Anthony Field does the junior retention

By the way, they have finished the screening for the replacement for Peter Nolan, appointment expected by mid July