What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did Jarrod Croker choke ?

Did Jarrod croker choke when kicking for goal ?

• yes

Votes: 157 64.1%
  • no

Votes: 88 35.9%

• Total voters

bileduct

Coach
He choked, big time.

If he can kick them from 20m out on the sideline then he should have been able to put that one over as well. It's the same distance.

gronkathon

First Grade
Inconsistent wind.

Should have probably applied the screws. But watching how utterly inept McCrone & Campese were after spending the majority of the second half camped on WT's line I don't think it would have helped

God-King Dean

Immortal
I feel bad for Croker. He has been outstanding.

Unfortunately, that/those missed kicks will be what he's associated with. Didn't he miss one in the same position earlier in the year?

Parra Pride

Coach
Still a better kicker than anyone the Eels have in their team.

We score lots more tries then the Raiders do though, so our kick isn't as crucial.... If you ignore the games against the Tigers and Manly which we would have won if someone could kick a goal.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Maybe he deliberately missed to help Canberra get the spoon and have Sticky sacked. Luke Covell did this in R26, 2006 with 8th spot on the line to have Stuart Raper fired.

The Rosco

Bench
Apparently Robbie and a few of the Tigers were having a reminisce with Croker about the kick he missed against us in the finals a few years ago.
You know, asking him if he remembered it, etc.
That is why the ref made him re-set his approach routine. In case the Tigers players put him off with their friendly banter.

nick87

Coach
Maybe he deliberately missed to help Canberra get the spoon and have Sticky sacked. Luke Covell did this in R26, 2006 with 8th spot on the line to have Stuart Raper fired.

How have i never heard this before? :lol:

Is that a joke, or serious?

nick87

Coach
Apparently Robbie and a few of the Tigers were having a reminisce with Croker about the kick he missed against us in the finals a few years ago.
You know, asking him if he remembered it, etc.
That is why the ref made him re-set his approach routine. In case the Tigers players put him off with their friendly banter.

The refereee made him reset because they had encrotched on the 10 metres. I've got no issue them reminding him of it, they'd be mad not too but the referee should have allowed Croker to attempt the kick and if the tigers were encrotching inside 10, and Croker missed, he should have offered the Raiders a chance to retake the kick

as it happened, the way the officials handle it, them being offside gave them an advantage

Not that i particularly care either way, given:

a) our season was over weeks ago
b) the tigers absolutely 100% deserved their win
c) i quite like the way the tigers are going about building their squad. Pack their squad with a bunch of young, talented footballers and bank on them developing in to a really good and close nit team. Reminds me of the way the Raiders tried to do it when Furner first got the job, i sincerely hope they have more luck with it than us.

bileduct

Coach
The refereee made him reset because they had encrotched on the 10 metres. I've got no issue them reminding him of it, they'd be mad not too but the referee should have allowed Croker to attempt the kick and if the tigers were encrotching inside 10, and Croker missed, he should have offered the Raiders a chance to retake the kick
Actually, instead of stopping Croker mid-routine just to tell the opposition players to get back he should have blown another penalty and allowed Croker to advance the ball 10m closer to the posts.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I hope that miss (as unfortunate as it was) doesn't take away from how insipid the raiders halves were. Disgraceful.

Croker is our best player every week. That shouldn't be on him. Campo and mccrone need to wear this one.