What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swarzey

Bench
Disgusting crowd. Regardless of the opposition. This is where Souths need a smaller second homeground. ANZ is not a suitable ground for half of their games and it's just a pathetic look for the game. Even being Monday night, 15k should be the norm.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
We can't expect to be seen as a top tier sport whilst we continue to play in third tier stadia (I use the word losely!). Could you imagine a EPL game being allowed to be played at a venue like that? Ten years time the suburban grounds will be a distant memory.

The one thing you do have to give the ARLC credit for is the way they are approaching this 'suburban vs centralised' debate...

They are obviously looking for an end to suburban ground n the long term, but they are not trying to shock fans into accepting it so much as guiding them along.

Rather than saying "no more suburban grounds" and dealing with a fan revolt, they are doing the "right game, right ground" approach; meaning that, while they are not spesifically saying "no more suburban games", every year we're going to be seeing less and less until the majority of fans just accept that this is the NRL standard for stadiums...

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Disgusting crowd. Regardless of the opposition. This is where Souths need a smaller second homeground. ANZ is not a suitable ground for half of their games and it's just a pathetic look for the game. Even being Monday night, 15k should be the norm.

2 days before Origin, a monday night, against the Titans....

5,000 would be a pass mark.

WaznTheGreat

Referee

Origin is being played in Queensland,how does that affect a NRL game being played in Sydney?

40k Bunnies fans travelling up to Suncorp for Origin?

Swarzey

Bench

No, it's never a pass mark. If Origin deters people from attending games, whether it's a Souths game, Newcastle game, whatever, just because "star players" aren't playing, then they need to reassess themselves as fans. Furthermore, the opposition should never be an issue. Just watching and supporting your team should be enough to go.

The only valid excuse is it being Monday night but a poor turnout like this still shouldn't happen.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Even I could barely be bothered to pay attention to the game. Bad timeslot against bad opposition without Origin players. Almost 11k is in line with expectations.

pHyR3

Juniors
turn MNF into Thursday footy, better crowds and probably better viewership too. half the time i forget MNF is even on, and i detest it when my team is playing cause i have to wait forever.

PAX 13k for Dogs vs Tigers. Not bad considering its 13 days away right? should pull 30k i reckon. Tigers aren't in red hot form atm

DIOGENES

Juniors
It is impossible to find tonight's crowd in the internet match reports and no one on this blog, which is apparently about crowds, has given it amid all the attacks on other teams and the raw emotions of "disgusting", "disgraceful", "this is how Hitler started" etc.
Therefore I have guessed 10,000 - i am told it was 10,975
This round is approx 65, 358 for an average at 13,072
At the end of round 17 2014: 122 games Total 1,966,723 Average 16,121
2013: 126 games Total 2,006,708 Average 15,926

Despite a disastrous start there is a good chance of a record season IF the crowds, unlike last year, recover after Origin

Last edited:

Swarzey

Bench
Thursday night footy is still going to suffer the same issues as Monday night footy.

Both can be successful timeslots but the attitude of so many NRL is incredibly poor, they won't go to games unless it perfectly suits them. Hell, fans probably won't even turn out for a 6:30pm kick off on Sunday because they have work the next day. It also doesn't help that the networks have the NRL by the throat and pretty much control when matches are played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts