What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Thursday night footy is still going to suffer the same issues as Monday night footy.

It will have Channel Nine behind it demanding better games. But once the newness has worn off it will suffer the same fate.

Surely there isn't anyone beside broadcasters keen to keep Monday night games.

BunniesMan

Immortal
It is impossible to find tonight's crowd in the internet match reports and no one on this blog, which is apparently about crowds, has given it amid all the attacks on other teams and the raw emotions of "disgusting", "disgraceful", "this is how Hitler started" etc.
Therefore I have guessed 10,000 - i am told it was 10,975
This round is approx 65, 358 for an average at 13,072
At the end of round 17 2014: 122 games Total 1,966,723 Average 16,121
2013: 126 games Total 2,006,708 Average 15,926

Despite a disastrous start there is a good chance of a record season IF the crowds, unlike last year, recover after Origin
There's no way we're getting a record season. The goal has to be to not lose ground on our 2013 numbers. Remembering there's no way we're getting a round 26 crowd like we got for Souths-Easts
Nobody's told you?

Wait till you hear the result.....
I didn't mean as much on field as who they are.The Tits, the Cows, the Raiders are the worst for Sydney teams. Nobody cares about the Titans in Sydney.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Surely on a weekend with only 4 games we could have moved the Monday night to a more fan friendly Sunday 5pm? Fox viewing wouldn't have been that affected, might have even been bigger.

Perth Red

Post Whore
There's no way we're getting a record season. The goal has to be to not lose ground on our 2013 numbers. Remembering there's no way we're getting a round 26 crowd like we got for Souths-Easts

I didn't mean as much on field as who they are.The Tits, the Cows, the Raiders are the worst for Sydney teams. Nobody cares about the Titans in Sydney.

Shouldn't souths fans care about watching souths regardless of opposition or is 10k the amount of paying fans you've got? Monday night taken into account.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Thursday night footy is still going to suffer the same issues as Monday night footy.

It wouldnt be AS bad...

Thursday has the excitement of being the first match of the round. By Monday, if its not a big game, everyone is a bit sick of it.

Having said that, Friday-Sunday only would always be best...

Swarzey

Bench
go look up monday night games against interstate teams. 11k is above average

And so what's 15k we delivered the other week? Exceptional? Phenomenal?

Kinda shows Newcastle fans have more heart than Souths fans. But oh wait, it's ORIGIN! Please, stop f**king trying to justify a shit crowd.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
Just goes to show how fudged their membership numbers are. The pathetic recorded chants must have been in overdrive tonight.

Joke of the league

Flapper

First Grade
This "without origin players" excuse is flimsy at best. My team doesn't suddenly stop being the Wests Tigers during Origin so why should I stop goin to games?

Big Sam

First Grade
Here we go again with the bullshit expectations on Souths fans. We hate Mondays.

Fact is since 2007 we've NEVER had a non-Rd1 or Easter period MNF crowd above 15k.

But let's not let facts get in the way of blind jealousy and envy...

DC_fan

Coach
This "without origin players" excuse is flimsy at best. My team doesn't suddenly stop being the Wests Tigers during Origin so why should I stop goin to games?

:thumb

Spot on

I have never understood the excuse of Origin being the reason give up going to the se their team play.

Big Sam

First Grade
Also worth noting the last time we hosted GC on a Monday night (2008) the crowd was 9,827. So last night represented an 11% improvement.

DC_fan

Coach
Also worth noting the last time we hosted GC on a Monday night (2008) the crowd was 9,827. So last night represented an 11% improvement.

That was a miserable crowd back then, but at that time we weren't sitting in the Top four and we didn't have over 30,000 members.

Being school holidays a lot of kids showed up last night that normally wouldn't. So where was everyone else?

hutch

First Grade

I guess it's more that a lot of the focus is taken away from the nrl for a couple of months smack bang in the middle of the season. The scheduling isn't as good as it could be. The competition goes through a lull every year and nothing is being done about it.

I still went to leichhardt on the weekend and even though there were only 2 players out from both teams, it felt like something was missing.

guyver78

Juniors
The one thing you do have to give the ARLC credit for is the way they are approaching this 'suburban vs centralised' debate...

They are obviously looking for an end to suburban ground n the long term, but they are not trying to shock fans into accepting it so much as guiding them along.

Rather than saying "no more suburban grounds" and dealing with a fan revolt, they are doing the "right game, right ground" approach; meaning that, while they are not spesifically saying "no more suburban games", every year we're going to be seeing less and less until the majority of fans just accept that this is the NRL standard for stadiums...

Good Post and a good point. This has been happening for years now though, especially from the Tigers/Dragons and probably soon to be Eels who have all started taking the occasional game to the SFS/ANZ without raising too many eyebrows.

franklin2323

Immortal
I guess it's more that a lot of the focus is taken away from the nrl for a couple of months smack bang in the middle of the season. The scheduling isn't as good as it could be. The competition goes through a lull every year and nothing is being done about it.

I still went to leichhardt on the weekend and even though there were only 2 players out from both teams, it felt like something was missing.

Yeah but if Tedisco and the other injured players played? Same with last night 2 from each team only was missing due to origin. Sezar etc would of made the game better but injuries happen all year around

franklin2323

Immortal
It will have Channel Nine behind it demanding better games. But once the newness has worn off it will suffer the same fate.

Surely there isn't anyone beside broadcasters keen to keep Monday night games.

I like having footy on after work. I don't like the fact we host 4 of them though

Status
Not open for further replies.