What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne - Make him an Eel for Life

Suitman

Post Whore
I would still hope we may have improved a little and be capable of surprising ourselves when the chips are down.

how cool is it when a team who are expected to lose lift and even go close to winning? how many times has that happened against us even? how many times do we do it? :?

Look mate, I agree, but you could tell in the first 5 minutes tonight the difference in the two teams, and the roll of the ball/penalties and all the play just continued to go the way of the Warriors.
I've seen too many nights like tonight to go a cut my wrists like many are doing here tonight.
I have faith that we are on the way back up, and with this group of kids, we will progress forward over the next few years.
We'll also have nights like tonight along the way.
So be it.

Suity

Avenger

Immortal
Look mate, I agree, but you could tell in the first 5 minutes tonight the difference in the two teams, and the roll of the ball/penalties and all the play just continued to go the way of the Warriors.
I've seen too many nights like tonight to go a cut my wrists like many are doing here tonight.
I have faith that we are on the way back up, and with this group of kids, we will progress forward over the next few years.
So be it.

Suity

I agree we have improved but the bloke that this thread is about needs to understand that he is not going to get what he wants. He needs to make sacrifices just like we have since 1986.

strider

Post Whore
So be it.

Suity

I agree - i have told people all week we were gonna get belted this game. But that first half was worse than I was expecting .... I'd love just once for us to lift when its totally unexpected

T.S Quint

Coach
I would still hope we may have improved a little and be capable of surprising ourselves when the chips are down.

how cool is it when a team who are expected to lose lift and even go close to winning? how many times has that happened against us even? how many times do we do it? :?

Every game we've won in the past 3 years pretty much.

eels_fan

First Grade
How do we know that Hayne wasn't pushing to play and Arthur flatly said no? Why is Hayne copping flak for a decision that may not have been his?

T.S Quint

Coach
I agree - i have told people all week we were gonna get belted this game. But that first half was worse than I was expecting .... I'd love just once for us to lift when its totally unexpected

How 'bout that win against the Chooks?
That was awesome!

Chipmunk

Coach
What crap.
They came out firing. They already came out lifted. With our injuries and restructured lineup, we didn't handle it.
Give the Warriors some credit ffs.
They smashed us from the get go.

Suity

They only came out with the exact attitude that every NRL team should come with. We didn't come with the same attitude and got belted accordingly.

Chipmunk

Coach
you have got it so wrong.

he would still play origin for both the extra cash and the atmosphere of 3 origin games. Do you seriously think if Thurston was offered 1.5 Mil a year by Panthers and he accepted that he'd give origin away?

There still has to be a price point where a player will take the money not to play Origin. I'd be surprised if most of those players who played Origin iwere offered $500k more a year not to play Origin, that they just would not bother playing.

strider

Post Whore
There still has to be a price point where a player will take the money not to play Origin. I'd be surprised if most of those players who played Origin iwere offered $500k more a year not to play Origin, that they just would not bother playing.

maybe there is a price but no one would admit it ... and it'd be tough explaining why in your 20s you are giving up playing origin

Wally21

Bench
Seriously. Hayne, Mannah, Sio, Mau, Edwards, Peats, Hoppa all missing. Did anyone expect anything else away from home? Granted that it was terrible, but the Warriors were on fire and also got every 50/50 go there way. And for people to be guessing what happened with Hayne, how do any of you know? Seriously!! and now he shouldn't play origin?? Are you kidding me???

T.S Quint

Coach
Hayne's not going to give up Origin anytime soon.

I wish he would though.
As much as I love to see the Blues win, Parra means more to me times a million.

Suitman

Post Whore
Seriously. Hayne, Mannah, Sio, Mau, Edwards, Peats, Hoppa all missing. Did anyone expect anything else away from home? Granted that it was terrible, but the Warriors were on fire and also got every 50/50 go there way. And for people to be guessing what happened with Hayne, how do any of you know? Seriously!! and now he shouldn't play origin?? Are you kidding me???

That's still not enough for some people why we lost tonight.
Oh well.

Suity

BennyBoy

Juniors
Neither can I.
Now people hate Hayne.
lol.
Yeah hate is going a bit too far, but seriously so too is some of the masturbating that goes on over Hayne in here. Parra fans do have a tendency towards extremes. And he should have backed up like every other origin player.

Suitman

Post Whore
Yeah hate is going a bit too far, but seriously so too is some of the masturbating that goes on over Hayne in here. Parra fans do have a tendency towards extremes. And he should have backed up like every other origin player.

But to now hate him?
Kindergarten stuff mate.
We don't know all the circumstances.
It's that simple.

Suity

mrpwnd

Bench
The parra forums are always an enjoyment for a good post-match read. Knee-jerk reactions are absolute top class.
Wins = delusion
Losses = irrationality

To be honest, given parra's track record the last couple of years, for a player of Hayne's caliber to keep signing here he'd either be:
a) incredibly stupid
or
b) be a genuine lover of the club

Personally, it'd be better for Hayne if he stops deluding himself into thinking that the Eels may be premiership contenders in the near future and just jump ship already.

BennyBoy

Juniors
But to now hate him?
Kindergarten stuff mate.
We don't know all the circumstances.
It's that simple.

Suity

Not excusing the hate, agree it's kindergarten stuff, just pointing out most on here border on extreme emotions. Love and hate are opposite sides of the same coin and which side lands face up is a reflection of whether we win or lose.

Avenger is a great example of extremes (no offence Avenger) :lol: