What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The reffing on a weekly basis never happens in origin so it must be intentional

Swiftstylez

Bench
The overzealous reffing on a weekly NRL basis never happens in origin so one can determine that is in intentional. The problem isn't the Eels so much as it's the NRL product itself. Say what you will about Ricky Stuart but he is right, the refs have some kind of problem with the Eels as too many games we are penalised the f**k out of early to make the game unrecoverable because we are too tired. The other explanation is that all home teams are given this favorable treatment which translates with our excellent results at home on a consistent basis. Errors aren't called that the home team make and they are the perfect angels that don't get penalised. People aren't going to turn on their clubs they are going to turn their back on the NRL. It makes for shit viewing and in this era, there is a lot to choose from if this rubbish escalates rather than being fixed.

So really tonight, we were horrible but I personally put that down to the game making us play horrible. 30 minutes with our backs against the wall after 5 penalties in a row and errors not being called both ways? It's not the first game this has happened either. All of our thrashings have started this way. Storm, Roosters, Cowboys, I honestly believe there is some kind of agenda the refs are given to make the lead unassailable from the get-go. Reffing is destroying this game is essentially what I'm saying, it is time to stop profiling how teams play and just call the game as its played not with bias. You should be reffing first grade the same way you'd ref two randoms that are handed to you in a park football game - without assumed prior knowledge. Don't look at the betting odds, don't take into account who is at home and away, don't treat players with contempt because they challenge your decisions.

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
Arthur mentioned how we keep getting dudded at the start of the press conference and also how the 5-0 count buggered the players

refs are the scum of the Earth

Suitman

Post Whore
No excuses for 48-0.

But...........

Look at Jonathan Thurston's elbow to the throat of Reynolds in the tackle in Game 2. Looks at Nate Miles elbow to the throat of Greg Bird in Game 3 - a send off incident if ever I've seen it.
Now look at Radradra's harmless indiscretion tonight, put on report. I bet he gets the same grading as Miles.
The game is a joke.

Suity

Farah is right - they are arrogant. Badger, Perenara and Cummins all hate us.

Fans just want consistency - Fine, penalise us 5-0 but when the opposition do the exact same offence and you do penalise, it does smack of bias.

And I wouldn't rule out the gambling filtering through to the officials ranks............if players do it, I am sure many people in the game do it.

And I wouldn't rule out the gambling filtering through to the officials ranks............if players do it, I am sure many people in the game do it.

three casual game day officials have been terminated and nine others suspended for the rest of the season for betting breaches.
http://www.nrl.com/nrl-statement-on-betting-on-rugby-league/tabid/10874/newsid/80135/default.aspx

double standard or what?
they name and shame every player who gets a two week ban but they can't name 3 officials who were sacked??

The Enforcer

Juniors
A serious butt hurt/excuse thread right here. Being a 1 man team was always going to come back and bite you.

natheel

Coach
A serious butt hurt/excuse thread right here. Being a 1 man team was always going to come back and bite you.

One man team?

So not having

Ma'u
Mannah
Peats
Hopoate
Sio
Edwards

Constitutes us as a one man team?

These guys have been just as important in our early season form as Hayne.

Idiot

The Enforcer

Juniors
One man team?

So not having

Ma'u
Mannah
Peats
Hopoate
Sio
Edwards

Constitutes us as a one man team?

These guys have been just as important in our early season form as Hayne.

Idiot
Sio, Edwards, Ma'u as important to you as Hayne. What a terrible judge of your own football team.
PS, idiot is not very nice :(

Last edited:
It's not the fact we were penalized it's the fact when the other team we are playing does the same things they don't get penalized for it. It's the inconsistency. And there is also the knock on called against gower that clearly didn't hit his hands it arm, they had a chance while he scrum was packing to fix that bad decision but didn't. Th refs are at a all time low in standard and consistency.

Swiftstylez

Bench
And there is also the knock on called against gower that clearly didn't hit his hands it arm, they had a chance while he scrum was packing to fix that bad decision but didn't.

Yeah it's decisions like this that are gifting the other team (or the home team) all the possession but when other team does something as or more obvious they don't get the error or penalty called against them to where it is beyond repair.

Don't get me wrong we wouldn't have won, but we would have been in the contest and that is exactly what we have been removed from on numerous occasions this year.

Does it not make you wonder how we can beat the Roosters just weeks after we lose to them by 50 points? I'll show you how:

http://oi62.tinypic.com/4i0vn7.jpg

That put the game beyond doubt alone, because they give you no possession and don't give you the calls that you deserve and ping you on every little thing until the game is beyond repair. I don't care who you are, you have a team full of Hayne's, referring like that destroys any teams ability to win game. You can't defend for the whole first half and get errors called against you that aren't errors and expect to win the game.

Last edited:

Swiftstylez

Bench
wild turkey? you saying we were on the drink?

LoL but really, 6 penalties in 14 minutes. That's a penalty every time we kick off and no doubt the errors were called against us as well whenever we tried to make any kind of response.

The Roosters were apparently "the most penalised team last year". I can hazard a guess that they received most of the penalties against them at the end of their games when the result was beyond doubt or the back-end of halves to fix up the ledger.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The penalties were for holding down near their own tryline. One of the best ways to frustrate the opposition into error. Of course it requires good enough defenders to cope with the extra possession against, but when you're holding down every tackle it helps your defence anyway.

The Warriors did it to us last night whenever we got close to their line. It was predictable.

The only way to stop it is to use the bin more readily. A string of penalties defending your tryline is a fair sign they are deliberate. Surely that's a professional foul.

Last edited:

Latest posts