What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD 19: Parramatta Eels v Souths at Pirtek stadium 7.40pm 18/7/14

Gronk

Staff member
Thats fantastic news, I bet the Burgess Bros are crapping their indies.

Benny will provide solid D in the middle. Provided that he doesn't give any of his stupid penalties away, I'm happy. After all, Allgood hardly bends the line and arm grabs at times.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Benny will provide solid D in the middle. Provided that he doesn't give any of his stupid penalties away, I'm happy. After all, Allgood hardly bends the line and arm grabs at times.
I'm no fan of Allgood but if he couldn't offer the team more than big bad bustling broken down Benny i'm a bad judge. Maybe BA was unhappy we only gave 5 penalties away in the first 20 and has brought Benny in to bolster up the penalties. It's about the only thing he is capable of offering the side these days.

Last edited:

EelsFan05

Bench
I hope Sef and Smith get on the field together. Imagine some of the blatant penalties and handling errors them two knuckle heads could come up with.

Joely01

Bench
I'm no fan of Allgood but if he couldn't offer the team more than big bad dusting broken down Benny i'm a bad judge. Maybe BA was unhappy we only gave 5 penalties away in the first 20 and has brought Benny in to bolster up the penalties. It's about the only thing he is capable of offering the side these days.

i agree, but injuries are making this very hard for BA at the moment

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
We need smiths defence (that's if he still has it), we have enough points in us to cover for smith's terrible running game. If he can bring the defence we know he has I think it will be a good move and will also help out our halves with their defence.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We need smiths defence (that's if he still has it), we have enough points in us to cover for smith's terrible running game. If he can bring the defence we know he has I think it will be a good move and will also help out our halves with their defence.
Allgood is arguably our best defensive prop, with Mannah and Lussick out our front row stocks are already low enough why bring in a second rower who should have retired 3 seasons ago??? It does not make sense.

The Colonel

Immortal
Allgood is arguably our best defensive prop, with Mannah and Lussick out our front row stocks are already low enough why bring in a second rower who should have retired 3 seasons ago??? It does not make sense.

What doesn't make sense?

Mossop, Lussick, Mannah, Tanginoa, Ma'u and possibly Allgood are injured.

Paulo, Moimoi, Pauli, Gower, Edwards, Terepo and Paulo have been named.

We have had to get special dispensation to play Moeroa.

We are over the second tier cap.

Smith is part of the Top 25.

What else do you need???

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Interesting the talk is about souths big pack, but our starting pack is pretty much the same weight as theirs. Pretty much with out the starting burgess brothers the rest of their pack is quite small.

Kornstar

Coach
Interesting the talk is about souths big pack, but our starting pack is pretty much the same weight as theirs. Pretty much with out the starting burgess brothers the rest of their pack is quite small.

The difference is that other teams are fitter and run harder. Something we have lacked for a very, very long time, in fact for as long as i can remember.

The two Burgess boys in the starting pack are quality, but IMO there is nothing to fear about the remainder of the pack: Tyrrell, Turner & Lowe, with Picker Clark and Burge33 on the bench. If he had our full pack available I'd be more than confident about being close to matching them. Hopefully Surgess has an off night,.

oldmancraigy

Coach
What doesn't make sense?

Mossop, Lussick, Mannah, Tanginoa, Ma'u and possibly Allgood are injured.

Paulo, Moimoi, Pauli, Gower, Edwards, Terepo and Paulo have been named.

We have had to get special dispensation to play Moeroa.

We are over the second tier cap.

Smith is part of the Top 25.

What else do you need???

I think he may have just missed the subtle distinction that Gower will go into the prop rotation, with Smith into the backrow rotation (if Smith is in for Allgood).

So we're not replacing a prop with a 2nd rower. We are replacing a prop with a prop, and a 2nd rower with a 2nd rower.

Latest posts