What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not fit enough

Kornstar

Coach
You watch half decent teams and they have numbers in tackles and general enthusiasm, we haven't had that consistently for a long, long, long time......

No willingness to push through the pain barrier, no heart......

Oh and the highest percentage of dumb footballers is astonishing!

Yep, injury toll is big but all these guys train full time, no excuse for lack of fitness and commitment!

Accepting mediocrity has been the Parramatta way for too long, Arthur has a big challenge, I wish him luck.....

strider

Post Whore
true ... we have looked buggered all game

i reckon having young guys doesn't help that - they aren't seasoned players that are used to the speed of the NRL

Eelementary

Post Whore
I am of the opinion that our young, inexperienced squad is a big part of that.

Even though the youngsters are...well, young...and for, I believe it takes time for their minds and bodies to be up to regular, week in and out First Grade NRL football.

It's just a theory, though. And it probably makes no sense.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I am of the opinion that our young, inexperienced squad is a big part of that.

Even though the youngsters are...well, young...and for, I believe it takes time for their minds and bodies to be up to regular, week in and out First Grade NRL football.

It's just a theory, though. And it probably makes no sense.

Especially for forwards. Our starting pack had Paulo/Edwards/moeroa who have never played a full season of nrl footy. They will get better.

Kornstar

Coach
You may all be right but this has been a continual problem.

Why aren't we for enough to get numbers in tackles to slow them down?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Our first contact was always poorer than Souths'. Most times they hit us they stopped us dead and held us up for the next defenders to come in and help push back. When we hit them they would push us back, break contact, and already be heading forward to the ground when the second defender arrived.

That just comes down to lack of size/strength.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

I reckon it's attitude. I look at the manly pack this year who have had watmough and Stewart out for a lot of games this year, and on paper our pack has looked better. But the way they compete against every other pack (without Stewart and sometimes watmough) is amazing. It has to be attitude as I couldn't see some of the manly nuffies (horo, Lawrence, symonds, starling , lui etc) playing like that with us. Gee their starting front rowers are starling/Lawrence, how do lead they comp with these two??

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Our first contact was always poorer than Souths'. Most times they hit us they stopped us dead and held us up for the next defenders to come in and help push back. When we hit them they would push us back, break contact, and already be heading forward to the ground when the second defender arrived.

That just comes down to lack of size/strength.
agree, i thought the first 20mins we did pretty well but after that they killed us up the middle and played the ball far to quick.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
that's when the 2nd stringers come on
When Crabman Paulo comes on, same as the Newy game we looked pretty good and as soon as this useless piece of shit comes on we lose go forward, intensity and our defence up the middle goes to shit.

Ratchy

Juniors

Lack of talent and experience.

I think everyone got too excited with the start of the year where the team over performed. The squad itself isn't too much different to the one that has back to back spoons.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
We are young, inexperienced and basically undermanned when it comes to maturity.

Teenagers just dont have the attributes to be that physical for 80 minutes.

TheParraboy

Staff member
When we were winning if you said how would we go without Mannah, Peats, Ma'u, Hoppa
(edwards and mossop as well when they have been out last few weeks)

Id say many would say we would get owned and would struggle to compete

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't win another game, we basically lost 80% of our starting forward back

pinchy

I agree that they may not be fit enough. I actually thought that Hayne looks a bit tubby. His ass is almost on par with K Kardashian.

mrpwnd

Bench
When Crabman Paulo comes on, same as the Newy game we looked pretty good and as soon as this useless piece of shit comes on we lose go forward, intensity and our defence up the middle goes to shit.

Missed tackles, easy metres and linebreaks all across the Eels defensive line for the entire 80 minutes and you single out Paulo?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Missed tackles, easy metres and linebreaks all across the Eels defensive line for the entire 80 minutes and you single out Paulo?

One scapegoat is much easier to deal with than the alternative. The other 16 players are our heroes FFS!!!

The Engineers Room

First Grade
We played the wrong game against the Bunnies. Seems like we were too worried about them and didn't play to our strengths nearly enough. Early on we played to the fringe and that's how we scored our first try but after that it came few and far between.

The rabbits were slick with around 87% completions, throwing 8 more sets at us......even against this, the young blokes would have gone a lot deeper into the game had the intercept not been thrown.

T.S Quint

Coach
The rabbits were slick with around 87% completions, throwing 8 more sets at us......even against this, the young blokes would have gone a lot deeper into the game had the intercept not been thrown.

Last week against the Titans they completed about 50%.
The Burgess boys are good for around 2 dropped balls each every game.
Of course they complete almost every set against us. :roll::(