What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD 19: Parramatta Eels v Souths at Pirtek stadium 7.40pm 18/7/14

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's what the commentator said but Smith played all his minutes in the middle. Pauli came on and played on the right side. Moeroa switched to the left, opposite Sam Burgess.

mrpwnd

Bench
Watched post match conference and to be honest it sounds like Arthur went fairly easy on them praising them for their efforts, here in lies the problem if u do not call a spade a spade, these clowns will think this effort was somewhat acceptable, to me this is typical Parramatta dribble and fear BA is falling into the trap of past coaches,Im not sure he is the answer as he had Toovy to fall back on at Manly at Parra he is exposed and we will really see his ability or lack of.

Rather than BA being complacent, he probably has his head on straight more so than you given that he's not delusional enough to believe that the most inexperienced and rookie-dominated team in the NRL is going to suddenly develop the class and consistency that the best teams boast. FTR i've watched most of the pressies done by BA this year, and good result or not, he seems to have stressed the fact that the eels have a looong way to go and far too much room for improvement, i.e. He's been calling 'a spade a spade' for the whole year.

Honestly, if people are disappointed with the Eels this season, you only have yourselves to blame. It wasn't too long ago that you lot appeared genuinely surprised at how competitive the 2014 eels have been, and now you seem even more surprised that Eels still resemble the wooden spooners of 2012 - 2013.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Rather than BA being complacent, he probably has his head on straight more so than you given that he's not delusional enough to believe that the most inexperienced and rookie-dominated team in the NRL is going to suddenly develop the class and consistency that the best teams boast. FTR i've watched most of the pressies done by BA this year, and good result or not, he seems to have stressed the fact that the eels have a looong way to go and far too much room for improvement, i.e. He's been calling 'a spade a spade' for the whole year.

Honestly, if people are disappointed with the Eels this season, you only have yourselves to blame. It wasn't too long ago that you lot appeared genuinely surprised at how competitive the 2014 eels have been, and now you seem even more surprised that Eels still resemble the wooden spooners of 2012 - 2013.

My point is we have been talking it up for years and every year we are very very ordinary......when will it all turn around to me personally feels like never as every year we have some reason to justify our pathetic year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Last year I thought we would be average this year and this year I think we'll be good next year.

A couple of key injuries have really hurt us since May, just like they hurt us the past two years. Hopefully we have better luck next year.

greena

Juniors
Spot on Pou,

With less injuries in key positions next season and with the experience gained by the young group we should make the 8 next year, even if we don't add significantly to the squad.

Chipmunk

Coach
Last year I thought we would be average this year and this year I think we'll be good next year.

A couple of key injuries have really hurt us since May, just like they hurt us the past two years. Hopefully we have better luck next year.

I think our lack of depth is going to hurt us again next year. I can see a similar season to this year. If we can go through a season and be injury free, which is highly unlikely, anything is possible

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
I think our lack of depth is going to hurt us again next year. I can see a similar season to this year. If we can go through a season and be injury free, which is highly unlikely, anything is possible

I agree and therefor once again we will have more "spin" on why we had another poor year, I don't disagree with Pou and injuries but all clubs have them and appear to soldier on, can somebody explain to me why we don't ? I also think next year could be a carbon copy, I ask again when does it end, I hate to say this bit don't ever think we wiill be up there with Roosters, Dogs, manly and so on, we for most part have been a rabble since 86.

natheel

Coach
Watched post match conference and to be honest it sounds like Arthur went fairly easy on them praising them for their efforts, here in lies the problem if u do not call a spade a spade, these clowns will think this effort was somewhat acceptable, to me this is typical Parramatta dribble and fear BA is falling into the trap of past coaches,Im not sure he is the answer as he had Toovy to fall back on at Manly at Parra he is exposed and we will really see his ability or lack of.

Mate they deserve a compliment in comparison to v warriors. He may have said that but on the other hand he said its not good enough swell we need to better in our execution

natheel

Coach

Our depth shows a lot of promise but the depth players are just starting out too. Give them time and we will be better for it

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I agree and therefor once again we will have more "spin" on why we had another poor year, I don't disagree with Pou and injuries but all clubs have them and appear to soldier on, can somebody explain to me why we don't ? I also think next year could be a carbon copy, I ask again when does it end, I hate to say this bit don't ever think we wiill be up there with Roosters, Dogs, manly and so on, we for most part have been a rabble since 86.

We are too dependent on Hayne, which is what happens when you have a player on enormous money. Teams with Lockyer, Johns and Fittler all struggled when they were out. Souths are still shit without Inglis.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Our depth shows a lot of promise but the depth players are just starting out too. Give them time and we will be better for it

Our depth players are young and inexperienced but most of them have massive talent and are all potential first graders if not genuine rep players.

Chipmunk

Coach
Our depth players are young and inexperienced but most of them have massive talent and are all potential first graders if not genuine rep players.

Who are you calling the Depth players? For mine the depth players this season are Terepo, Allgood, Kelly, Morgan. I wouldn't call them genuine rep players.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Who are you calling the Depth players? For mine the depth players this season are Terepo, Allgood, Kelly, Morgan. I wouldn't call them genuine rep players.

I'm talking about all the kids who are still eligible for under 20s this year, graduating to the fulltime squad this year or next (or in Tanginoa's case last year).

Chipmunk

Coach
I'm talking about all the kids who are still eligible for under 20s this year, graduating to the fulltime squad this year or next (or in Tanginoa's case last year).

That's pretty inexperienced depth.

Can you do up a new thread for 2015 playing roster, like you do the 2014 one? I think we need to start to look at what we've got for next year.

strider

Post Whore
I'd be surprised if Penrith finishes in the Top 4. they will not be far out of it, I don't think they will finish worse than 6th. They made the most of the Origin period.

they will get exposed come finals time ..... they have done well but already hit top gear - other teams will step up

Latest posts