What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD 19: Parramatta Eels v Souths at Pirtek stadium 7.40pm 18/7/14

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Jarryd Hayne said they didn't have the talent of other teams,sounds like something Ricky Stuart would say,thanks for the memories Hayne,good luck were ever you end up brah.God bless.

eel01s

Bench
The big turning point for mine was the period when Ben Smith made a break (shock!) and nobody was backing up. Followed up by the new no-try Toutai.

Also had Hayne and Sandow taken out with of course no penalty given.

But gee our last tackle options are hopeless. Sandow and Norman really need to lift their games and at least look organised.

Tepai Moeroa the best Eel on the park for mine. What a future for this kid.

phantom eel

First Grade
Can't believe Ben Smith made a line break!

I bet he couldn't believe it either - hope Ben has the game recorded, it could be his last ever line break in first grade.

phantom eel

First Grade
Like others, I feel it all went downhill after we made our first substitutions. We just don't have the squad depth (with current injuries etc) to compete for the full 80mins against quality teams.

Our opponents in coming weeks (Titans, The ASADASharks, Raiders) aren't of the same quality, and so maybe even with some forwards out we might be able compete and get some wins under our belts again? I think we're stuck with Joseph Paulo this year playing that role after the first 20 mins - wouldn't it be great to have someone more consistent/talented to come on and do this in future seasons?

natheel

Coach
Jarryd Hayne said they didn't have the talent of other teams,sounds like something Ricky Stuart would say,thanks for the memories Hayne,good luck were ever you end up brah.God bless.

Unlike sticky he wasn't just saying that. He was saying our young guys are playing above their potential and he's correct especially with the players we have out at the moment.

mrpwnd

Bench
My point is we have been talking it up for years and every year we are very very ordinary......when will it all turn around to me personally feels like never as every year we have some reason to justify our pathetic year.

Case in point, that's your fault.
Noone is asking you or anyone else to support a team that has offered mediocrity on and off the field since 2010, and to be honest nothing from the team has suggested it'll be improving on that in the immediate future.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
The disappointing thing about the Ben Smith clean break was that going to the line and delivering the short pass was not attempted again the whole game. We found the key to unlock the defense but they kept it in the back pocket. Moeroa's try was a similar thing, a hard runner off a short pass on the fringe. Why do they seem to abandon what works?

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Case in point, that's your fault.
Noone is asking you or anyone else to support a team that has offered mediocrity on and off the field since 2010, and to be honest nothing from the team has suggested it'll be improving on that in the immediate future.
Ahh what exactly is my fault? Either way I think ur funny:lol:

EelsFan05

Bench
The disappointing thing about the Ben Smith clean break was that going to the line and delivering the short pass was not attempted again the whole game. We found the key to unlock the defense but they kept it in the back pocket. Moeroa's try was a similar thing, a hard runner off a short pass on the fringe. Why do they seem to abandon what works?

I don't think that is entirely correct. I saw at least a half dozen short passes hitting the decoy throughout the game. It seemed like a concerted effort to hit the short option as opposed to the last few weeks where our decoy sweeping plays have seen our outside backs almost always ending up near the sideline.

ParraSteve

Juniors
I thought Gower was our best forward in his first stint, not quite sure why it took him so long to get back on the field as he only came back on with 15 to go from memory.

Souths won the play the ball, we just didnt wrestle enough and slow it down. It seemed whenever we got a half break our play the ball was so slow it nullified any attack afterwards

oldmancraigy

Coach
The big turning point for mine was the period when Ben Smith made a break (shock!) and nobody was backing up. Followed up by the new no-try Toutai.

Sorry mate, but that didn't happen.

You must've had a few too many, dozed off, and been dreaming of something that happened 10 years ago.