What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ongoing NFL Fantasy Football Thread

zombie jesus

Staff member
Do any of you guys play daily fantasy? I wanted to last year but didn't have time to really get into it. I want to really have a go at it this year, start with a smallish bankroll and get into some small stakes and see how it pans out.

abpanther

Staff member
Hey guys

We've may have a couple of openings in fantasy leagues on here, including a pay league ($50).

If you're interested in joining a league let me know

mczoze

Juniors
What are everyone's thoughts on Trent Richardson this year for fantasy? Not sure how efficiently he is going to play coming into this season...

abpanther

Staff member
What are everyone's thoughts on Trent Richardson this year for fantasy? Not sure how efficiently he is going to play coming into this season...

I don't like what I've seen from him, just seems like he's a plodder at this stage.

He has some value as a #2/3 as they're committed to him and it seems they're determined to force feed him the ball, I think he could actually be sneaky good in PPR as they wanna get the ball to him in space more often.

zombie jesus

Staff member
I don't like what I've seen from him, just seems like he's a plodder at this stage.

He has some value as a #2/3 as they're committed to him and it seems they're determined to force feed him the ball, I think he could actually be sneaky good in PPR as they wanna get the ball to him in space more often.

Agree with that
Ideally your 3rd RB/flex

Raider_69

Post Whore
I went down on T-Rich/Riddley sinking ship last year and am determined not to touch either of them this year.

Id take T-Rich as my #4 RB. But that's it.

abpanther

Staff member
It's all about value

I think both have some upside but you have to wait for the right time to take the gamble

I mean Ridley is in an offence that was very successful running the football, if he can just address the fumbling issues he should get the goal line carries and could put up 10-12 TDs

abpanther

Staff member
Curious to hear people's thoughts on Zac Stacy this year.

I'm negotiating in another league at the moment and I may be able to acquire him.

I see him ranked anywhere from a top 10-15 RB, generally going at the end of Round 2, early Round 3.

The knock on him is concerns about his general talent, that he's a guy who needs high volume to score well, and the fact that they drafted Mason.

Others believe in him, saying he was one of the top RB scorers after Week 5 (I think) last season and that he will get better, plus Fisher has a good track record of overloading his RBs with touches.

Keen to here thoughts from others (Kurt in particular). Is he a top 10 RB for you?

nick87

Coach
If it's a redraft, i think he can be a top 10 RB this year... but he could also bust and in a keeper, i dont think he'll be relevant in 2 years time

zombie jesus

Staff member
If it's a redraft, i think he can be a top 10 RB this year... but he could also bust and in a keeper, i dont think he'll be relevant in 2 years time

I can see that, he's not great and will get beat out by someone more talented eventually, Mason is already there.

He's a mid RB2, like 15-20 range. Nice floor and solid points each week, but he's not going to get big points per game. His four 100+yard games came with 25+ carries, I don't think he'll see that work as often this season.

Fischer has a rep for working his RB's but he had Eddie George and Chris Johnson for most of those years.

Tough division to run on too.

Tom155

Coach
he's very close to top 10 for me I rate him very highly, imo he is a better more talented back than mason & mason is no threat to stacy's job as starter

I drafted him in idp last year in the 2nd & let him go just before he got the starting job, zombie benefitted from my screw up, still kicking myself could use him

Last edited:

abpanther

Staff member
I agree with most comments here

I think Mason is already a more talented back, but I don't think he's a bell cow. I do get the feeling that in a year or two Stacy may be irrelevant.

It seems his volume is what's putting him on the cusp of the top 10, almost similar reasoning for Gerhart.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
just checked last years dirty dozen draft. I picked him up in the 7th round after grabbing Lafell and Chris Givens in the earlier rounds. what a steal.

should be a very solid RB2 this year.

abpanther

Staff member
bookmarking this too, another Vanderbilt guy ab will be wrong about :p

Hey hey no need to get nasty ;)

I like Stacy, I'm just asking the question about his value this year and long term

Matthews is an above average talent in an elite situation IMO

Latest posts