What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Forty20

First Grade
Better set from Wenty now as they work their way into Wyong's half. Foran puts in a questionable kick on the fourth and a poor kick chase sees Corella (sp) slice through the defensive line for a massive gain.

Really worrying signs here for Wenty.

And indeed, the Roos cross for their second try on the back of that poor kick and kick chase. A simple movement down our left edge and a short ball to their #12 sees them cross all too easily.

Anasta reckons there was a fair bit of doubt about the grounding but I'm not too fussed by it.

The conversion is successful.

Wyong lock the scores up at 12-all

26min gone.

Forty20

First Grade
Hunt is well positioned for the Wyong kick but stumbles in his kick return and is jumped on by the Wyong chasers.

Plenty of one out stuff for Wenty as they try to roll it up the middle and they complete their set with a bomb that is well taken by Corrigan (sp) for Wyong.

Wenty manage to go a set without conceding a line break! Saia Tanginoa takes an ordinary kick from the Roos and returns the ball strongly before picking up a penalty.

Forty20

First Grade
The hat trick was there for Walker but Hunt has hit just as he passed it. There was a Wyong hand on the ball and the Magpies get the six again call.

Time off as Walter Vaeua is down with a leg injury. He manages to get back up and play the ball. Jones darts from dummy half and goes extremely close to scoring.

Wenty continue to work the ball to the left edge despite the considerable numbers in defence and pay the price with a turn over on the last. The Roos intercept an offload on their line and streak down field for yet another huge gain.

Wenty somehow hold on throughout the set as Hunt manages to bring the ball back into the field of play from a Wyong grubber.

Forty20

First Grade
Luke Kelly goes about a metre from hitting his second 40/20 (from his 20m line no less) but the ball just rolls dead.

Wyong with the seven tackle set now. Nothing too fancy from them in the early tackles as they play the ball down their left edge. The continued raids down Wenty's right edge pay dividends as Florimo (sp) crashes over out wide after the Roos exploited an overlap down that edge.

Wyong hit the lead for the first time today 18-12

36min gone.

Forty20

First Grade
Penalty for the Roos now as they have all the running in the game. Pretty poor set from Wyong there, given how easily they have opened Wenty up on the edges.

Wenty get the ball back and start to work it out of their own half and shoot for another 40/20 but Corella is perfectly placed to take the ball on the full.

The Roos get away with a very flat pass down Wenty's right edge before heading to the other side of the field. Wenty manage to bring up the fifth tackle and take a diving intercept on another marginal pass to secure possession.

Forty20

First Grade
Penalty to Wenty as Hunt is taken out on a chip and chase play.

The Magpies decide to have a crack at the two points.

Forty20

First Grade
I think I might have to call it for today as far as updates go. I was hoping the flu meds I took would clear my head up a bit but I'm having problems concentrating on the game.

Sorry merkins.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think I might have to call it for today as far as updates go. I was hoping the flu meds I took would clear my head up a bit but I'm having problems concentrating on the game.

Sorry merkins.

If it wasn't on telly I would be gutted. Get well soon though merkin - we'll need you down the back end of the season.

Forty20

First Grade
Try for Clacherty (sp) for Wyong from a kick.

Wyong lead Wenty 24-14

47min gone.