What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2015

THE CHAMP

First Grade
How many of the current squad will be running on for the Broncos next season?
Im starting to think there will be a big shake up this off season.
Since the useless griffin got the arse hunt and Mccullough have both been shithouse.
Gotta find a way to get rid of Kennedy and his lead weight contract.
Will boyd sign?
I think there will be a very different side starting next season.

Bretto

Bench
Hunt and Macca are fine, IMO. They've both had 2 poor games in a row and it's not a coincidence that they've come right after the coach was sacked.

We need to build a team around:

1. Milford
6. Barba
7. Hunt
9. Macca

Copley, Vidot, Kahu, Hoffman are all in with shots in the back line. Parker, Hannant, McGuire should all be in the forwards.

Gillett, Thaiday, Glenn, Lowrie, Kennedy will all be on notice.

There is a team of good players there. They just need to be coached into a good team.

gUt

Coach
Hard to imagine Kearney being jettisoned considering the "success" he and Bennett enjoyed with the Kiwis.

hooch is crazy

Juniors
I reckon there would be maybe three or four with a definite spot next year but that's it. The rest of this year and the pre season will determine the fate of the rest of them, I reckon.

Hard to see Thaiday going anywhere. The biggest criticism I have of Griffin is how often he's willing to accept mediocrity. Bennett won't, and I back Thaiday to be among those who respond and become more consistent. There's more than a few who should be worried, though. I won't name them but I reckon a couple of first grade regulars won't be asked to attend pre season.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Hodgo , thiaday , parker and hannant have all played under Bennett so they are certanties imo .
Then barba, millford, vidot and copley. Macguire and gillett i think will also be there.
Thats a pretty bluddy good start

Dazzat

First Grade
I reckon there would be maybe three or four with a definite spot next year but that's it. The rest of this year and the pre season will determine the fate of the rest of them, I reckon.

Hard to see Thaiday going anywhere. The biggest criticism I have of Griffin is how often he's willing to accept mediocrity. Bennett won't, and I back Thaiday to be among those who respond and become more consistent. There's more than a few who should be worried, though. I won't name them but I reckon a couple of first grade regulars won't be asked to attend pre season.

Absolutely! I can't believe players like Glenn and even Barba won't respond to the more pragmatic approach Bennett will bring.

I can' recall Griffin dropping anyone due to poor form. On the contrary, I can recall him dropping players like Hannant and Granville when they were playing well!

Country Bronco

Juniors
It's not important to get rid of players. We need a coach that's going to get the best of players as someone said that Bennett won't applaud mediocrity. I remember the dressing down that chris walker got when he dropped the ball under posts when he placed it with one hand and Bennett blasted him.

Big Pete

Referee
Been waiting for 2015 ever since it was confirmed that Milford would stay in Canberra for 2014.

I don't expect too many radical changes for the Broncos. On paper, I wouldn't be surprised if the only changes would be the inclusion of Milford and perhaps Garbutt on the bench in some capacity.

And that's perfectly fine as long as the Broncos play with more purpose in attack and defence which under Bennett is definitely possible.

Bretto

Bench
Been waiting for 2015 ever since it was confirmed that Milford would stay in Canberra for 2014.

I don't expect too many radical changes for the Broncos. On paper, I wouldn't be surprised if the only changes would be the inclusion of Milford and perhaps Garbutt on the bench in some capacity.

And that's perfectly fine as long as the Broncos play with more purpose in attack and defence which under Bennett is definitely possible.

100%.

We have some really good players in our team. Some are down on form, some are down on confidence. We need to play as a team and hopefully, that will start pre season when they all get their asses kicked in the conditioning sessions.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
After the griffin sacking was confirmed hunt and Mccullough have been woeful.
This is my point i don't think its a coincidence.
I think they will ask for a release to follow the clueless one.

DeeJ

Bench

I don't think they will ask for a release, Bennett favours both of them. He wanted Hunt at the knights and gave McCullough his debut.

Maybe Griffin is having trouble motivating the players now?

Bretto

Bench

I don't think it's a coincidence either, but not for the same reason. Both Hunt and McCullough are young players. They've played almost all of their footy under Hook since they were 18 years old. It's gonna mess with their head a bit.

They will both stay, no doubt about it. Hunt is contracted next season, so he can't leave anyway.

Bennett will build a team around them. I just think they're both a little lost in the head at the moment and their mind isn't 100% on the job when they're on the field.

Edit: Tell you what. If Bennett wants to bring Gagai with him, he's gonna need to work on his defence. The Rabbits scored 6 tries straight through him last night. Just woeful.

Last edited:

Kiwi

First Grade
After last night could we see

1 - Hodges
2 - Vidot
3 - Reed
4 - Copely
5 - Hoffman
6 - Barba
7 - Hunt

14 - Milford

THE CHAMP

First Grade
After last night could we see

1 - Hodges
2 - Vidot
3 - Reed
4 - Copely
5 - Hoffman
6 - Barba
7 - Hunt

14 - Milford

Swap hodges for reed and bring in milford imo
But its still pretty dam good either way.

Dazzat

First Grade
I'll reserve judgement until I see more of Milford's skills as a last line defender and a taker of bombs. Although, it would be hard to be worse than Barba.

Bronco18

Juniors
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...n-says-ben-ikin/story-fniabm4i-1227040545170\

Wouldn't be surprised if Hoffman goes to Canberra next year, and good luck to him if he does. His only position here is on the wing while Canberra could do with a tough, no nonsense player at fullback.

If Hoffman leaves, where does that leave us for the vacated wing? Will Maranta slot in ahead of Reed? Or do we have any u20's/QCup players ready to make the step up next year?

some11

Referee
Hahaha, Ricky will destroy him.

"WHY CANT YOU PASS YOU USELESS merkin? YA DROPPED!"

Latest posts