What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 vs. Manly Discussion + Voting

Dazzat

First Grade
Hodgo said in the presser they "weren't far off the mark "
The scoreboard is a little deceptive.
They were nowhere near winning that game.
Im sick of watching them just take a bluddy hit up on the 5th tackle.
They're attack just looks so devoid of any creativity.
I thought manly were well below their best and still easily won.
Heres an idea griffin how about actually working on the attack this week at training.
Lets try and get early ball to barba with copley and vidot at pace on the outside coming from some depth. Its gotta be better than the clueless and boring shit that u have been serving up in recent weeks.

Totally agree. Can't remember the last time Vidot hit the ball at pace near the line. With his leg power, would score on the majority of occasions, but it seems Hook just sees Vidot as a battering ram out of our own half.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Our attack was off last night, but it's not our main problem.

Our defence has been a real issue for 2 seasons now. Line speed is poor, ruck defence is poor, defensive line is jaggered and broken, individual tackling technique is poor. There are fundamental problems with our defensive line speed and structure, yet we dish the same thing up each week.

Until these issues are fixed, we can score a million points and we'll still get beaten.

The first thing Bennett needs to fix next year is our defence. Hopefully Kearney is the first to go.

I agree with your post entirely.

But actually it was our attack that lost us the game last night. We had 55% possession up to about the 60 minute mark. We just couldn't score a try to save our lives, and tbh, we didn't even look like scoring. Our attack inside the 20 is deplorable, and has been for a long time now. Some of Hunt's individual brilliance has masked that this season. But when Hunt is off his game our poor attack is there for everyone to see.

Dazzat

First Grade
I agree with your post entirely.

But actually it was our attack that lost us the game last night. We had 55% possession up to about the 60 minute mark. We just couldn't score a try to save our lives, and tbh, we didn't even look like scoring. Our attack inside the 20 is deplorable, and has been for a long time now. Some of Hunt's individual brilliance has masked that this season. But when Hunt is off his game our poor attack is there for everyone to see.

The type of cross kicks that Cooper Cronk put on against us - saw none of that from the Broncos last night. Our last tackle options seemed to be last minute decisions by Hunt almost every time.

Sure, you need a bit of ad lib footy, but when you're up against a team like Manly, 9 times out of 10 you won't have the opportunity for ad lib footy.

Last night it was either Hunt grubber kicking straight into a Manly player who picked up the ball, or Barba running across field looking for a straight runner and finding none, or a desperate cut out pass to the fringes.

Leagueaddict

Juniors
It's called at sea without a FU**** clue. Thaiday IMO plays well most of the time but to my weary eyes looks unfit. Hunt had another shocker. Not sure why the Barba praise is here? I thought his side defensively got exploited all night long. Maybe the whole uncertainty of players position in the team with the great Bennett reshuffle looming doesn't help the cause.

Manly played shite and we should have won this game if we had any form or cohesive plan of attack. It all looked pretty lacklustre and lost and hoping for a miracle to fall in our lap. And without Parkers offloads we were always up against it. I had to turn it off after seeing Stewart go over. Who knows if the doggies will be the next to take a chunk out of us.

Couldn't agree more with a storming Vidot in attack getting the ball near their line. 2015 will be one interesting season.

3. Vidot
2. Hannant
1. Copley

Country Bronco

Juniors
I accept this loss. Not going to go in depth and point out negatives. Positive is we weren't far off. That's what we've been all year. From week to week now I'll accept the same which constitutes missing finals.

Last edited:

Bretto

Bench
I accept this loss. Not going to go in depth and point out negatives. Positive is we weren't far off. That's what we've been all year. From week to week now I'll accept the same which constitutes missing finals.

Disagree. We're a long way off. Manly were poor and we never threatened them at any stage.

Latest posts